Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895422 times)

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #11550 on: February 23, 2014, 02:42:00 pm »

Why would he need to plan everything in advance to do that?
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11551 on: February 23, 2014, 02:42:39 pm »

a gm is perfectly capable of fucking with people even if the game has no plot or plan to it

src: self

actually i would be surprised if the rolls weren't fixed just to fuck with us a little bit more (i am accusing nobody of anything)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11552 on: February 23, 2014, 02:47:00 pm »

I've never understood why (or believed, for that matter) people create characters or events or whatever to include in their game and then roll some dice and go 'Oops, result is bad, guess I'm throwing this idea out'. IMO it's much more likely that FFS planned everything in advance and is just fucking with us. >_>
Right. Because somehow he could get what this steaming crazy-pot would do.

It happens. And you know what? Warrens has the feel of something that was, save for some core details, made up on the fly, not something that was painstakingly made up beforehand. Exhibit A:
((A little experiment to keep me awake through five [seven?] days of testing. No updates to my other games until tests are done then this will likely die.
I'm willing to bet good money that, as much effort as he's been putting into it lately, claims that TWoOtA was all planned out in advance at any point in time are less plausible than such claims for Star Wars.
Exhibit B: Al. freeform clearly said that he was never supposed to be more than a random background NPC, until we critted the recruitment roll.
Besides, he was perfectly fine throwing out old Ciro. And new Ciro doesn't have that much in common with old Ciro.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11553 on: February 23, 2014, 03:01:53 pm »

And new Ciro doesn't have that much in common with old Ciro.
Depends on which Ciro you are talking about.
Whether you talk about the Original Ciro( or whatever the first incarnation of the Target was called), Ciro the OK, or Ciro the Reborn; Ciro the Reborn has to have at least some comparison to the Original; considering the memories that leak back into Ciro's psyche.

I've never understood why (or believed, for that matter) people create characters or events or whatever to include in their game and then roll some dice and go 'Oops, result is bad, guess I'm throwing this idea out'. IMO it's much more likely that FFS planned everything in advance and is just fucking with us. >_>
He has a loot table, every single room or so,he rolls a random number; which corresponds to something on the loot table.
We rolled a Yaos, so Yaos appeared. We probably rolled an Oric after the Polaris fight, causing Oric to appear.

Yaos was still the best party member, considering his strength, allusions to the OS, humbleness, and willingness to die
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:04:18 pm by javierpwn »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11554 on: February 23, 2014, 03:03:22 pm »

Warrens is planned out in advance on the fly.

Comprehensive update tomorrow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11555 on: February 23, 2014, 03:04:14 pm »

Pretty much what I guessed.

Nice avatar.

Yay, updates!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11556 on: February 23, 2014, 03:36:34 pm »

Yay, update!

This has been your funfact of the day.

dawnstar

• Bay Watcher
  • Chaos, panic, disorder...my work here is done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11557 on: February 23, 2014, 08:33:12 pm »

Ok, people have gotten too theory-ing.ITS RANDOM MOMENT TIME...

And, damn, I got nothin. A little help here please?
Oh, wait...

CHEESEBURGER CATZZZZZ.
wow that was sad.HELP!!! Just do something random, with the post starting with RANDOM MOMENT TIME.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11558 on: February 23, 2014, 08:50:15 pm »

Yay, update!

This has been your funfact of the day.

Addition to the underworld funfact! Yaos shall always be the most plot revealing character
n
Ok, people have gotten too theory-ing.ITS RANDOM MOMENT TIME...

And, damn, I got nothin. A little help here please?
Oh, wait...

CHEESEBURGER CATZZZZZ.
wow that was sad.HELP!!! Just do something random, with the post starting with RANDOM MOMENT TIME.
Not insane enough of a theory, try harder.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:51:57 pm by javierpwn »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11559 on: February 23, 2014, 09:15:35 pm »

Wait. This means that Yaos did not see the shopkeepers.

There are a number of possible reasons for this:

0)FFS messed up. Pretty unlikely.
1)They didn't even appear. Maybe they only appear to the person currently affected by the Astral Influx?
2)Yaos didn't see them as people. Pretty reasonable, but still a bit odd.
3)Yaos took a path that had NO characters whatsoever. Probably the most likely choice.

I wonder how he got down to DL2? Perhaps there was another set of stairs?

Too bad we can't ask him. Next time we Oversoul, we should consider trying to summon Ghost Yaos.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11560 on: February 23, 2014, 09:23:26 pm »

Moreover, Yaos doesn't consider the shopkeepers to have souls, or to truly be people, which may be accurate, because last I checked, most people don't have the capability to shoot lasers out of their eyes and be omnipresent

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11561 on: February 23, 2014, 09:56:54 pm »

Moreover, Yaos doesn't consider the shopkeepers to have souls, or to truly be people, which may be accurate, because last I checked, most people don't have the capability to shoot lasers out of their eyes and be omnipresent

Idea thief. :P
2)Yaos didn't see them as people. Pretty reasonable, but still a bit odd.
I'm guessing "shopkeepers" also includes other service providers, in this case. I wonder if they're Illborn?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11562 on: February 23, 2014, 10:00:12 pm »

I think they are clones, clones outfitted with weaponry and ideas of capitalism....
No who else do we know that owns the most "successful" shopkeeping stand in the Warrens.
Spoiler: hint (click to show/hide)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11563 on: February 23, 2014, 10:04:55 pm »

Beware the merchants, they're more than they look. Their money has a purpose, that which they took.
Capitalism has a point, its own personal nook. Avoid the Merchant, do not bait His hook.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11564 on: February 23, 2014, 10:09:10 pm »

Beware the merchants, they're more than they look. Their money has a purpose, that which they took.
Capitalism has a point, its own personal nook. Avoid the Merchant, do not bait His hook.
ssshhhhh, don't speak that way, or the Lord of the Angels might hear you!
And they might recruit you for having similar ideologies, specifically for not liking Merchants, and by association, Oric!!
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1544