Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895263 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #11535 on: February 22, 2014, 10:49:26 pm »

Yes, but what (constructive/plot-worthy) did that do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Let's Get Al Back
« Reply #11536 on: February 22, 2014, 10:52:22 pm »

IDEA: What if the Warrens was an elaborate fraud by ___ the Awesome in order to sell shopkeeper wares? All adventurers come in knowing of their background, but ___ the Awesome (who will always take on the name as a backwards of the newcomer) will use his illusion magic and general trickery to make them doubt themselves, and also convince them that the Warrens is named "Warrens of (reversed adventurer name) the Awesome". Then he will begin to make them think that they are the Target, the ever-respawning of the Six Siblings. As they advance on, thinking that the android denizens of the Warrens are real people (it was actually illusion), they try to confront ____ the Awesome, and forced to expend his resources to defeat the "Siblings". Cain was ____'s co-founder, but soon he grew sickened of their cowardly ways of wheezing money, and attempted to destroy the Warrens. ___ then imprisoned him and used illusion magics to make him think he's one of the Siblings, and the poor fools who dared venture into the Warrens would meet their end at the hand of the brainwashed Cain...

reading back through is a goldmine of funnier-in-hindsight theories

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11537 on: February 22, 2014, 10:55:20 pm »

At this point, we'll be forced to use the checkpoint if we hit another Beef Gate or can't finish off the Hellyfish this turn. It's our only avenue for replenishing HP/SP due to the trapped door.
I say we wait another turn. I have faith that we could...and if we do, we could sell the hellyfish corpse if nothing else.

Indeed, my proposed course of action involves one more combat, but I predict that after next turn either the Hellyfish will be dead and we can proceed to the next room, or we'll be too low on HP/SP to continue the fight without significant risk. Obviously we could both just spend a turn flailing about uselessly, but then we just repeat the same actions again until we get to one outcome or the other.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11538 on: February 22, 2014, 11:05:54 pm »

*shrug* Who cares, he's entertaining.
It's FEF, not FEOF

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11539 on: February 22, 2014, 11:06:59 pm »

Plot?  What the hell is a plot?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11540 on: February 22, 2014, 11:12:11 pm »

I put plot, gameplay expansion, and such above Cool Crab's brand of entertainment.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11541 on: February 22, 2014, 11:15:56 pm »

I put plot, gameplay expansion, and such above Cool Crab's brand of entertainment.
Oh calm down, we like that stuff too, we're just having some lighthearted japery. It's not like we're frantically calling for him to come back or anything, we're just saying we like the concept behind him.
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11542 on: February 22, 2014, 11:16:48 pm »

I am calm. I am also stating my opinion.
Sig

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11543 on: February 22, 2014, 11:19:49 pm »

And that's ok my good sir. Just if you're capable, being bit less blunt would be good. I understand you've stated you've had difficulties with that sort of thing in the past, but your delivery made you sound as if you were pretentiously looking down upon us for liking him so much, and that makes people sad, which I'm sure is not your intent. No offense intended at all with this post, just trying to make things a bit more comfortable for everyone as a whole.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 11:22:14 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11544 on: February 22, 2014, 11:23:56 pm »

Cool Crab (unfortunately) wasn't around long enough to seriously influence the plot. He did complete the Freudian trio with Cherish and Proxxy though. Proxxy was the superego, Cherish was the ego, and Cool Crab was the Id.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11545 on: February 22, 2014, 11:48:36 pm »

For what it's worth, I actually don't care much for CC. I just wrote the ridiculously over-the-top for fun.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11546 on: February 23, 2014, 12:27:11 am »

Yaos was not inconsequential! YaosxCiro for the win.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11547 on: February 23, 2014, 09:28:43 am »

Hm...On a completely different topic, Ripriver is listed as an "inconsequential" party member. Now, does this mean that freeform is counting him as inconsequential because he only just joined...or because there are plans to eliminate him before too long?
Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11548 on: February 23, 2014, 10:33:21 am »

Inconsequential just means that they didn't have a 100% chance of showing up and were randomly rolled.
FFS mentioned thinking that Yaos wouldn't show up in the first place because the chance was so remote.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #11549 on: February 23, 2014, 02:40:00 pm »

I've never understood why (or believed, for that matter) people create characters or events or whatever to include in their game and then roll some dice and go 'Oops, result is bad, guess I'm throwing this idea out'. IMO it's much more likely that FFS planned everything in advance and is just fucking with us. >_>
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 1544