Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894933 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: H.I.B.R.
« Reply #10530 on: December 23, 2013, 10:07:45 pm »

It might me a bad idea to give Goombess an inventory slot. She's a mercenary.

Inventory : Ciro +2, Cherish +1
Stats: Al Natu +1, Ciro Blod +1
Fountain Pence: Goombess

Someone needs to cosplay Oric.
This, except take one inventory slot from Ciro to save for Riltia is what I vote for.

If we can do that, +1

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: December 23, 2013, 10:07:50 pm »

Build statue of Slog, smash Astral Influx on it. MAYBE THAT WILL BRING BACK SLOG!
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: December 23, 2013, 10:28:05 pm »

With that information to consider, I propose the following:

Inventory to Goombess, us, and Cherish
+1 nature for Al
+1 blood for us (as we seem to keep failing bloodshape)
Money to Cherish

+1

Also stop hatin' on Goombess just because she's a merc, since when do we play by the rules of this place? We're totally gonna morph her into some kind of awesome monster, may as well be a monster with some pocket room. Plus, shipping grid calibration (the size of their hearts grew two sizes that day!)

~ѽ~Ѽ~

The sparkles make it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: December 23, 2013, 10:28:51 pm »

-1 to giving inventory slots to a merc

Why not give them to Ciro?  She's most likely to be around.

That said, I vote:

1 inv slot each to Ciro, Cherish, Al
1 point in NATU for Al
1 point in BLOOD for Ciro

Actually, can we save a stat point for Riltia?  She should gain a class ability at 5 GUARD, IIRC.  Not that I recall what it would be... did we ever scan her?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: December 23, 2013, 10:34:42 pm »

Actually, can we save a stat point for Riltia?  She should gain a class ability at 5 GUARD, IIRC.  Not that I recall what it would be... did we ever scan her?
Scanning her would probably yield zero results. Being a sibling and all. Unless she has DL1 Clearance required.(Because she was DL1)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: December 23, 2013, 10:42:46 pm »

I love how Ciro reacts to this. Bravo, FFS, bravo.
+1

It might me a bad idea to give Goombess an inventory slot. She's a mercenary.

Inventory : Ciro +2, Cherish +1
Stats: Al Natu +1, Ciro Blod +1
Fountain Pence: Goombess

Someone needs to cosplay Oric.
+1
And I don't think I could pull it off. I couldn't be bishonen with a dress, makeup, and a free shave.

Also stop hatin' on Goombess just because she's a merc, since when do we play by the rules of this place? We're totally gonna morph her into some kind of awesome monster, may as well be a monster with some pocket room. Plus, shipping grid calibration (the size of their hearts grew two sizes that day!)
And if we don't? Let's face it, those inventory slots are going to be used to carry random loot between Storage units. They might as well be on someone we know 100% won't run.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: December 23, 2013, 10:57:08 pm »

And if we don't? Let's face it, those inventory slots are going to be used to carry random loot between Storage units. They might as well be on someone we know 100% won't run.

You say that like we don't have the power to shift perspectives for extended (and possibly indefinite) periods of time!

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: December 23, 2013, 11:00:17 pm »

Aren't mercs supposed to be exploited as pack mules? All the inventory slots to Goombess.

Unless you'd rather give them to the small child to carry all the baggage instead...

But, on a more serious note, let's give Ciro a point in Blood, and Al a point in Nature. Ciro's probably the most sensible character to give the inventory slots to, since we tend to retain direct control of her the most. And to recompense Cherish and Goombess for not giving them slots/skills, we can use the pence to buy them survival equipment.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: December 23, 2013, 11:04:34 pm »

You say that like we don't have the power to shift perspectives for extended (and possibly indefinite) periods of time!
What, you think that switching perspective to Goom-Bess before she runs is likelier than not doing so?

Aren't mercs supposed to be exploited as pack mules? All the inventory slots to Goombess.

Unless you'd rather give them to the small child to carry all the baggage instead...
The child's not going to run.

-1 to giving inventory slots to Goom-Bess. No offense, just playing it safe.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: December 23, 2013, 11:06:47 pm »

The child is not going to run. But she may abandon the party if Al decides to take another one of his silly detours.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: December 23, 2013, 11:08:25 pm »

The child is not going to run. But she may abandon the party if Al decides to take another one of his silly detours.
So give them to Ciro.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: December 23, 2013, 11:12:24 pm »

But what happens to the body of Ciro without the SoulOfTheTarget/NarrativeControl?
Would Ciro continue without hesitation on the current objective, or would the body become limp and useless?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: December 23, 2013, 11:34:07 pm »

But what happens to the body of Ciro without the SoulOfTheTarget/NarrativeControl?
Would Ciro continue without hesitation on the current objective, or would the body become limp and useless?
What happened for the one round he was alive last time we did it?
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: December 23, 2013, 11:41:59 pm »

What happened for the one round he was alive last time we did it?
Ciro levitated there and took the ridiculously damaged hit. No dice roll for the attack either. FFS stated the rolls are required for acts of resistance, meaning Ciro didn't resist the attack.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: December 23, 2013, 11:57:37 pm »

What, you think that switching perspective to Goom-Bess before she runs is likelier than not doing so?

More like I'm thinking that we don't know who is going to be in the party from one chapter to the next, not even the main character. Better to spread those inventory slots around!
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1544