Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894279 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: H.I.B.R.
« Reply #10545 on: December 24, 2013, 12:09:59 am »

Oh my. I just realized getting through the Warrens might be a fruitless endeavor.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: December 24, 2013, 12:29:04 am »

But what happens to the body of Ciro without the SoulOfTheTarget/NarrativeControl?
Would Ciro continue without hesitation on the current objective, or would the body become limp and useless?
What happened for the one round he was alive last time we did it?
Ciro levitated there and took the ridiculously damaged hit. No dice roll for the attack either. FFS stated the rolls are required for acts of resistance, meaning Ciro didn't resist the attack.
So. Probably the latter.

Also stop hatin' on Goombess just because she's a merc, since when do we play by the rules of this place? We're totally gonna morph her into some kind of awesome monster, may as well be a monster with some pocket room. Plus, shipping grid calibration (the size of their hearts grew two sizes that day!)
And if we don't? Let's face it, those inventory slots are going to be used to carry random loot between Storage units. They might as well be on someone we know 100% won't run.
You say that like we don't have the power to shift perspectives for extended (and possibly indefinite) periods of time!
What, you think that switching perspective to Goom-Bess before she runs is likelier than not doing so?
More like I'm thinking that we don't know who is going to be in the party from one chapter to the next, not even the main character. Better to spread those inventory slots around!
If we had enough for everyone to have one? Sure. But since we don't, let's give one to two of the three characters likeliest to be around next chapter.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: December 24, 2013, 12:31:56 am »

Oh my. I just realized getting through the Warrens might be a fruitless endeavor.

What if we use the Astral Influx to change perspective before killing ourselves? We could try to revive ourselves later, as well.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: December 24, 2013, 12:38:32 am »

What if we use the Astral Influx to change perspective before killing ourselves? We could try to revive ourselves later, as well.
The Target wouldn't have died, just the body, a Vessel if you would.
But our current vessel is "broken". Allowing memories and other corruption through.

It may be enough to get past, it may not. Besides, a proper revival takes up a bit of Soul Charge, and resets the Vessel again.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 12:40:08 am by javierpwn »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: December 24, 2013, 02:10:47 am »

Wait wait wait.

Give all the things to the Astral Influx.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10550 on: December 24, 2013, 06:32:18 am »

is this the real life

start drawing fanart donklords

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10551 on: December 24, 2013, 11:39:08 am »

Ciro remember to loot the tree, lights, and the star.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10552 on: December 24, 2013, 05:03:26 pm »

Spoiler: Votecount! (click to show/hide)

You allocate one Inventory Slot to each party member except Goom-bess. Al's NATU increases by 1! Your BLOD increases by 1! Cherish picks up the Fountain Pence. Goom-bess gets kicked away in the mad rush for loot.

Al MAXES OUT his NATU at +5/+5! Al learns his Tier One spell: Photorestomeditation!

You slap Al to calm him down. Cherish doesn't heal herself because she's already at full HP. Your Astral Influx glows a little.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:05:41 pm by freeformschooler »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: December 24, 2013, 05:05:44 pm »

*Checks new poll*

CIROXCIRO CANNOT BE DENIED.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10554 on: December 24, 2013, 05:14:01 pm »

LITERALLY AGES
It seems he's been in the Warrens for a very, very long time. I guess the vampire thing means he can live forever.

But in that case, if he came in to rescue Cherish, how is she still the same? Is she also a vampire, or is something else going on? Same for the guard guy who we killed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10555 on: December 24, 2013, 05:21:01 pm »

Cherish, heal Ciro ASAP!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10556 on: December 24, 2013, 05:32:33 pm »

Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10557 on: December 24, 2013, 05:37:09 pm »

Loot the tree, loot the star, loot the lights.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10558 on: December 24, 2013, 05:42:52 pm »

+1
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10559 on: December 24, 2013, 05:47:57 pm »

+1

Al: Enchant Goom-Bess's, um, boots? She Stomps with them, they should count as a weapon!
Or else briefly prove that Goom-Bess can be used as a weapon by throwing her at a pillar, then enchant her.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1544