Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3893187 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10245 on: November 23, 2013, 08:42:49 pm »

Well, it's been proven that it doesn't do molecular bonds(just a jest); but Spirit bonds would be nice to test
This whole "special water with metaphorical separation properties" idea is baseless supersition in first place. I cannot fathom how or why so many players embraced it.
Because of some hints (or was it more definite exposition?) given after extended immersion. There's definitely some kind of unusual thing going on there...

It's because of what Cain told us in This Update. Who knows how trustworthy Cain is (we can probably trust him as far as we can throw him, and remember he's chained in place,) but if anyone wants the cycles broken it's him. Whether the water can do anything to the dragon is something we'll only learn by experimentation, and I'd rather save that experiment for a time when we're not so physically weak.

Also, check the menu of the strange water!

+1 to asking Cherish for more details on what she saw Proxxy do to charge the warp pad. I'd still prefer to Warp than fight the dragon.

If we can't figure out the Warp pad, I'd still rather explore Underwater in (6,3) with the whole party before doing something as potentially irrevocable as Dropping. I want to talk to Cain, dammit! If nothing else, we want to snag that Rainbow Key before leaving the level.

Three random observations, it's nice to get an exact number on our Soul Charge instead of just eyeballing it, I hadn't noticed but our Soul Charge took a sizable jump from reunifying with Al, and we really need to get Al's Soul Star. Note to future us, we should see whether Cherish can activate its second mode before seeing whether Al can; if she can't and Al can, then we have an easy way to determine Soul Star ownership.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: November 23, 2013, 08:50:45 pm »

I'm pretty sure we know the Soul Star is Al's, seeing as it was in the winning theory.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: November 23, 2013, 08:52:47 pm »

I stand by my assertion that Goom-bess is not our ally.  How could she have knowledge of the Angels but not of Proxxy?  Why was she so infatuated with Oric when describing him?
I thought she only didn't know more than we already did. Besides, Proxxy is a behind-the-scenes gal. How much do you know about the mechanic who keeps the President's car running?
As to the latter...well, it's like if Sean Connery was elected President, and also happened to be a cold former CIA agent.

I'm pretty sure we know the Soul Star is Al's, seeing as it was in the winning theory.
Also, it matches his clothes.

Anyways, since I forgot:
-1 to any plan involving confronting, running past, or even intentionally laying eyes on that f^#%ing Stone Dragon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: November 23, 2013, 08:58:51 pm »

Yes, the point is that we KNOW it belongs to Al. That makes it the control in this experiment. We know what should happen if Al does the thing, we just don't know whether somebody else could do it just by possessing it. Though come to think of it, we could do this experiment right now with the Astral Influx, assuming it's easy to revert.

Step 1: Revert Astral Influx
Step 2: Give Astral Influx to Al, have him try to activate the sword form
Step 3: If Al is able to work it, revert it again and have Goombess try
Step 4: Recover Astral Influx, if necessary turn it into a sword again

This sequence should address whether non-owners can activate the more advanced properties of a Soul Star (potential applications in identifying that loose Soul Star,) and if they can it could let us know whether Illborn can do so (no obvious benefit to this knowledge, but it'd be neat to find out.)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: November 23, 2013, 09:00:38 pm »

Oh, I thought you meant ownership of that specific Soul Star.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: November 23, 2013, 09:02:51 pm »

+1 to Monk's science.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: November 23, 2013, 09:11:49 pm »

Why was she so infatuated with Oric when describing him?

Because Oric is bishounen. It's one of the three options that occur when you accrue that much Awesome. (The other two are huge levels of Mike Haggar/Raoh-style manliness, or becoming a crazy, yet powerful old man.)

Heck, I'd be surprised if it didn't turn out that Goom-bess is secretly writing slash fics about him in those notes of hers.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: November 23, 2013, 09:16:54 pm »

Slash fics about him and who? Betweenford?
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: November 23, 2013, 09:24:22 pm »

Why was she so infatuated with Oric when describing him?
Because Oric is bishounen. It's one of the three options that occur when you accrue that much Awesome. (The other two are huge levels of Mike Haggar/Raoh-style manliness, or becoming a crazy, yet powerful old man.)
Bishonen, plus a "bad boy" vibe, plus extreme amounts of power and (presumably) wealth.

Slash fics about him and who? Betweenford?
What, exactly, is slash fiction anyways?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: November 23, 2013, 09:28:31 pm »

I stand by my assertion that Goom-bess is not our ally.  How could she have knowledge of the Angels but not of Proxxy?  Why was she so infatuated with Oric when describing him?

For the sake of completion, Goom-bess did eventually compile some information on Proxxy.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121809.msg4488058#msg4488058

I considered making a Tattle Table in the OP, but that would just mean more spoiler bloat. If anyone wanted to create and maintain one, I'd happily link it from the first post for reference.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: November 23, 2013, 09:41:03 pm »

Yeah, the main reason we didn't get a quick Tattle on Proxxy is because we jumped straight into Tactical Diplomacy. Goombers represent! ...uh, Goombessies? The Bessie Boys. Man her name is not as conducive to a catchy fan nickname as Slog's was.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: November 23, 2013, 09:48:17 pm »

For the sake of completion, Goom-bess did eventually compile some information on Proxxy.
So information she had given to her due to mechanics, as opposed to something she'd have known before.

I thought she only didn't know more than we already did. Besides, Proxxy is a behind-the-scenes gal. How much do you know about the mechanic who keeps the President's car running?
As to the latter...well, it's like if Sean Connery was elected President, and also happened to be a cold former CIA agent.
That perspective only applies if you're allied to Oric, and reinforces my position.  If you're opposed to Oric, or in a position where you're likely to be opposed to him, you'd know more about your more immediate foes than Oric's love interest and her brethren who explicitly run the mechanics behind the scenes.
Yeah, the main reason we didn't get a quick Tattle on Proxxy is because we jumped straight into Tactical Diplomacy. Goombers represent! ...uh, Goombessies? The Bessie Boys. Man her name is not as conducive to a catchy fan nickname as Slog's was.
Actually, we specifically looked at Goom-bess for a tattle before we got into Tactical Diplomacy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: November 23, 2013, 09:51:02 pm »

If I remember correctly, Goombess has mainly had information on generic creatures, not individuals. As for her having info on the angel and not Proxxy, two things:

1) Meeting the angel was a non-combat situation. Meeting Proxxy technically wasn't a combat situation, but it was pretty tense and we didn't have infinite time.
2) We didn't get any combat information about the angel.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: November 23, 2013, 09:53:33 pm »

That perspective only applies if you're allied to Oric, and reinforces my position. If you're opposed to Oric, or in a position where you're likely to be opposed to him, you'd know more about your more immediate foes than Oric's love interest and her brethren who explicitly run the mechanics behind the scenes.
Don't be absurd. If the hypothetical Sean-Connery-badass-rules-ignoring-CIA-agent-cum-President ran as a Republican, even the Democrat women would be all over him. It just enhances the "bad boy" factor.
Sig

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: November 23, 2013, 09:56:23 pm »

That perspective only applies if you're allied to Oric, and reinforces my position. If you're opposed to Oric, or in a position where you're likely to be opposed to him, you'd know more about your more immediate foes than Oric's love interest and her brethren who explicitly run the mechanics behind the scenes.
Don't be absurd. If the hypothetical Sean-Connery-badass-rules-ignoring-CIA-agent-cum-President ran as a Republican, even the Democrat women would be all over him. It just enhances the "bad boy" factor.
The first response I came up with could get into political arguments, so I won't actually post it.  BUT KNOW THAT I THOUGHT IT.

Also, Goom-bess knew about the Angels.  Not just one of them.

2) We didn't get any combat information about the angel.
I doubt that they have combat stats.  I presume you can't actually fight them.  Oric plays the system a lot better than the rest of us combined.
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1544