Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3895033 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Warrens of Visual Novel
« Reply #7215 on: July 18, 2013, 05:01:09 pm »

The squiggle looks like a face, but with a single eye scarred beyond repair.

Step behind teleporter. Lure Searchbots onto there.
DO NOT STEP ON THAT IF IT LEADS TO WHERE I THINK IT LEADS TO!
Spoiler: Edit (click to show/hide)
I REPEAT, DO NOT ENTER TELEPORTER

You're making the fatal flaw of assuming those two teleport pads are connected. Couldn't that pad be this one:

and therefore connect to this one?

Or maybe it goes somewhere we haven't seen. Regardless, if the GM is asking for confirmation that we want to do this, it probably will cause shenanigans. Shenanigans always have my support.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: July 18, 2013, 05:20:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: July 18, 2013, 05:23:24 pm »

What FFS tried to say: USE THE DAMNED HARD HAT!

Now it's late, but, damn, we are still ignoring it.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: July 18, 2013, 05:24:21 pm »

It is obviously Proxxy/Cain. Most likely Cain, though, as Proxxy is more likely to throw a legion of searchbots at us, then boost them with her own powers. As has been shown, Oric is not our enemy (yet), Betweenford has engaged no hostile actions against us (again, yet), and none of the other siblings have been discovered.

Also, I agree with hard-hat-tactics.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: July 18, 2013, 05:26:40 pm »

And, also, considering that he said that he didn't want to give us clues, it means that we are pretty much screwed, and that's why he helps us.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: July 18, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »

It is obviously Proxxy/Cain. Most likely Cain, though, as Proxxy is more likely to throw a legion of searchbots at us, then boost them with her own powers. As has been shown, Oric is not our enemy (yet), Betweenford has engaged no hostile actions against us (again, yet), and none of the other siblings have been discovered.

Also, I agree with hard-hat-tactics.
He said a clever researcher, which means it's been listed or at least hinted at somewhere. Cain might have during his breakout thing, but Proxxy's never hit anything and I think I'd remember her having a 1d12 lightning axe or something. In fact, wasn't her only weapon a 1d4+2 cattle prod or something?

Hard hat is a good point, but I'm not sure that helps us enough. We'd need to enter tactical combat to use it (or possibly just have goom-bess guard instead of attacking), then have her tank all the damage somehow while we kill them. Recall that these searchbots are acting suspiciously intelligent, however, so they probably wouldn't stand there and wail on Goom-Bess while we shoot them to death.

EDIT: Now, if we could figure out what they're after and hand the character holding it the hardhat maybe... but that'd require presenting ourselves as delectable morsels to figure out which the searchbots most wanted to devour.

EDITEDIT: Oh. OHHHHHHHHHHH. Wait, no. These searchbots aren't working for Proxxy. I thought they were after the scout eye, which made sense, that's stolen property... but the only way that could be true is if they were some sort of meta-justice force so bent on their mission they were willing to plow right through someone's goons in order to get their stuff back.

...or if the scout eye didn't originally belong to Proxxy in the first place. Hrm.

Still, it's worth noting that we have nothing else they might want. The key maybe, the eye as I've mentioned... but otherwise what? The persuasion ring? Cherish? The skill tree? I think our assumption that they're retrieving an item from us is missing some pieces or not correct.

And, also, considering that he said that he didn't want to give us clues, it means that we are pretty much screwed, and that's why he helps us.
I think this was less "oh shit they're going to die and I can't allow that because X," and more "well no update today, say know what nobody seems to quite have a grasp on? Damage mechanics, maybe I'll talk about those."

I don't doubt the current situation helped inspire that, but I don't think he's secretly yelling at us to use the hardhat or perish.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 05:45:57 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: July 18, 2013, 05:48:42 pm »

Maybe they're here to execute Ciro in a Punisher-esque way (ie, lots of collateral damage)? Or maybe they're from some force that doesn't like Proxxy or us? Or maybe they're just berserk.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: July 18, 2013, 05:54:55 pm »

What I took away from that was the words armor and damage resistance.

Didn't we have a suggestion to try out blood armor some time ago? I can't remember if we ever figured out if MHP also takes away CHP. Definitely not suggested for this situation however, that would be down right suicidal, but something to mull over later.

As for a suggestion on actions: We can either try to head north and hope beyond hope it isn't a dead end, try the teleporter and hope it doesn't kill us horribly or that telefragging is a thing here, or try to get past the searchbots without dying horribly and try to flee from there. At least, those are the options I see, fighting is straight out as is anything time wasting. If we can flee the way we came, we have a lot more options like water, or the fountain and seeing how strong the NPCs are to boot, or etc. They are hostile to anything and everything, hell, we might be able to put the boss wisp between us and them and let happen what happen. Unwise though, however, but the bots do seem to be hostile to anything between us and them.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: July 18, 2013, 06:02:14 pm »

Only one enemy more dangerous.
HMM
I WONDER IF IT COULD BE THE INDIVIDUAL FOR WHICH THIS DUNGEON IS NAMED
WHI WE HAVE ENCOUNTERED
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: July 18, 2013, 06:03:03 pm »

...and who has never attacked.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: July 18, 2013, 06:04:12 pm »

...and who has never attacked.
You cereal, boy?
He has attacked, yes.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: July 18, 2013, 06:05:02 pm »

When?
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: July 18, 2013, 06:07:46 pm »

When we tried to follow him and he smacked is on the ass hard enough to send us flying back 10 or so feet.
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: July 18, 2013, 06:13:19 pm »

That didn't give us any clues to his damage dice, though.

If it had, we'd have been nearly killed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: July 18, 2013, 06:16:15 pm »

That didn't give us any clues to his damage dice, though.

If it had, we'd have been nearly killed.
I don't think he was trying to harm us, though. He can probably do that with his +10 awesomeness bonus.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 1544