Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894954 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Warrens of Visual Novel
« Reply #7200 on: July 18, 2013, 08:47:09 am »

We're already in their threatened area

I think that assuming that it's more dangerous to run straight past an enemy than out of their 'threatened area' isn't a silly assumption to make.
Besides, on the basis that both parties are unwilling to step onto what we think is a teleporter pad (do we actually have any proof of this?), if we run West, we'll have to go around/jump over the pad in the process, either slowing us down & giving the 'bots more time to react, (the former) or possibly slipping and landing on the pad (or being knocked into it via collision with a bot) if we try to jump.
Going north alleviates these (probable) problems.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: July 18, 2013, 08:48:27 am »

Too bad we don't have the wind spell book with us to blow them onto it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: July 18, 2013, 08:48:53 am »

We're already in their threatened area

I think that assuming that it's more dangerous to run straight past an enemy than out of their 'threatened area' isn't a silly assumption to make.
Besides, on the basis that both parties are unwilling to step onto what we think is a teleporter pad (do we actually have any proof of this?), if we run West, we'll have to go around/jump over the pad in the process, either slowing us down & giving the 'bots more time to react, (the former) or possibly slipping and landing on the pad (or being knocked into it via collision with a bot) if we try to jump.
Going north alleviates these (probable) problems.
I based my argument on rules; you based yours on assumptions and logic. Well, logic won't hurt, but I think the actual rules of the Warrens will take precedent; they have in the past!

And, humoring your argument: it's the same distance either way, we're right about in the middle of the room.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: July 18, 2013, 09:01:32 am »

Please may I ask where your information of these rules has come from, as I cannot recall any similar situations to this in the past, or of attacks of opportunity/threatened areas being mentioned before.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: July 18, 2013, 09:03:51 am »

Rule: No rolls are needed to run from a room. Rule firmly established back in the Big Wisp fight and exploited ever since.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: July 18, 2013, 09:22:15 am »

Rule: No rolls are needed to run from a room. Rule firmly established back in the Big Wisp fight and exploited ever since.
True, WE don't need a roll to flee, but we haven't tested if, in certain positional circumstances (eg running straight past two search bots hell bent on killing us), ENEMIES get to roll to see if they can hit us on the way out.
They may not even have to roll, though I'd severely doubt that.

Ah well, only one way to find out.
Change vote to FLEE EAST WEST, with Ciro & Cherish leading.
With luck, IF the 'bots get AoO, they'll attack the not-as-horrifically-wounded characters first (as they are first in the 'firing line', as it were.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:10:51 am by TopHat »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: July 18, 2013, 09:54:16 am »

So, I went to sleep, and I come back and see that we have screwed it like, three times? Shit.

Well, we are in a desperate situation, so I will propose a desperate solution: flee west, it doesn't matter if they hit us once, then go to the Big Wisp room, and make them fight. With a bit of luck, we will have time to heal ourselves while they fight, and they will have low HP by the time one of the sides loses.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: July 18, 2013, 10:07:31 am »

Flee West! Meatshield with Cherish if necessary!

West because North is very likely a dead end, as the only possible room it could connect to is to the left of that. I'd have been fully in favor of the Teleporter regardless of dire GM warnings, but the time for wop wop has passed.

My reasoning for Cherish taking any potential lumps is that we know Cherish has a passive ability that lets her autocast Heal on herself when taking lethal damage. Therefore, she effectively has the most HP in the party right now, especially if damage doesn't spill over.

True, WE don't need a roll to flee, but we haven't tested if, in certain positional circumstances (eg running straight past two search bots hell bent on killing us), ENEMIES get to roll to see if they can hit us on the way out.
They may not even have to roll, though I'd severely doubt that.

Ah well, only one way to find out.
Change vote to FLEE EAST, with Ciro & Cherish leading.
With luck, IF the 'bots get AoO, they'll attack the not-as-horrifically-wounded characters first (as they are first in the 'firing line', as it were.)

I assume you mean West, as there is no door East.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: July 18, 2013, 10:10:09 am »

We could then head back to the arena room, and to the save point. We can either use it to teleport to the underside or have two of our party fight whilst the third hits the restore button each turn. If we're lucky, the Arena guards/shopkeepers may pitch in to help us, though I doubt that (they probably get to sell our stuff once we die, after all.)
(though the latter 'continually hit save point' option will probably get booted out of office by FFS for gamey/grindiness.)

NINJAEDIT: yes, I do mean West.
*goes back to fix mistake*
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:12:15 am by TopHat »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: July 18, 2013, 12:40:38 pm »

The Big Wisp room does have some interesting appeal.

Hey.

Wait.

The eyes of these searchbots... they match the eyes of that statue just outside the Big Wisp room.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: July 18, 2013, 03:13:11 pm »

The eyes of these searchbots... they match the eyes of that statue just outside the Big Wisp room.
Damn... you're right... when we initially fought a few over that acid early on, all of them had a pair of white eyes...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: July 18, 2013, 03:49:16 pm »

No no no no no no...!

So, I went to sleep, and I come back and see that we have screwed it like, three times? Shit.

Well, we are in a desperate situation, so I will propose a desperate solution: flee west, it doesn't matter if they hit us once, then go to the Big Wisp room, and make them fight. With a bit of luck, we will have time to heal ourselves while they fight, and they will have low HP by the time one of the sides loses.
FINALLY. I thought of this idea earlier, but never got around to positing it. I was hoping you guys would've come up with it as a solution to our single possessed searchbot problem.

I mentioned this with my idea to lure it into the pool of water right next to said statue. >_>

You know, at deeper levels we're no doubt going to be finding Greater Searchbots. The thought brings horror to my mind.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Okay though. I got this. Everything will be okay.

Flee West! Meatshield with Cherish if necessary!

West because North is very likely a dead end, as the only possible room it could connect to is to the left of that. I'd have been fully in favor of the Teleporter regardless of dire GM warnings, but the time for wop wop has passed.

My reasoning for Cherish taking any potential lumps is that we know Cherish has a passive ability that lets her autocast Heal on herself when taking lethal damage. Therefore, she effectively has the most HP in the party right now, especially if damage doesn't spill over.
This, but have Goom-bess stomp her way right over them to get clear.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: July 18, 2013, 03:52:59 pm »

Does Stomp include knockback?
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: July 18, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »

Don't believe so, but I'd have to dig through to check.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: July 18, 2013, 04:07:34 pm »

Damnit! Ok north is something we don't know, east is forcing us to go back by the search bits, possibly allowing them another hit and the teleporter is probably going to kill us but may just be a place bots don't want to go letting us have a brief respite.

Stupid as it is I vote Teleport time!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 1544