Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894599 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a few ideas as to things we could try when we're (hopefully) back safely at the shop/heal/arena.
1. Try blood shaping a caltrop. You know, one of these things as a surprise for the big wisp.
It can't hurt to try.
2. Ice skill thing.
3. Acid + SP water into skill tree. Should create a MP-draining skill, which should be useful ( I'll be willing to bet that the wisp's 'summon wisps' skill uses SP, and that the more dangerous enemies we'll probably encounter late-game will have SP-using skills)
4. Restore to full health/sp. Use save point, then heal/sp fountain to max if needed.
5. SAVE at checkpoint if necessary.
6. Enter arena and take the big-wisp fight. Should give us some experience about if our new tactics will work. As well as earn us money. And provide is with a decent idea of if we'll be able to take on BOSS WISP, and roughly how much damage we'll incur doing so.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Oh, better idea than a giant 2x2 caltrop. A giant 2x2 caltrop with a spike removed and replaced with a bracket for mounting a spear >.>

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

6. Enter arena and take the big-wisp fight. Should give us some experience about if our new tactics will work. As well as earn us money. And provide is with a decent idea of if we'll be able to take on BOSS WISP, and roughly how much damage we'll incur doing so.
It also unlocks wisp mercenary. So, we can hire him, learn wisp-speech, convince the BW that we are not bad, and make him stomp on Proxxy.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, better idea than a giant 2x2 caltrop. A giant 2x2 caltrop with a spike removed and replaced with a bracket for mounting a spear >.>
And lose the spear, our best weapon, if it fails?
More to the point, I doubt that (or anything we could do at the moment) would insta-kill the big wisp.
Again leaving us unable to use our best weapon to finish it off.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

1-Craft ice damaging spell
Spoiler: My suggestion (click to show/hide)
Why would the MP-restoring effect be bad?
Because we don't want to restore enemy SP?
...Oh, I see what he meant.
Well, I'm interested to try it some time to see what happens. And if we escape, we have plenty of time. Besides, an MP-regen skill would be pretty useful, wouldn't it?

I have a few ideas as to things we could try when we're (hopefully) back safely at the shop/heal/arena.
1. Try blood shaping a caltrop. You know, one of these things as a surprise for the big wisp.
It can't hurt to try.
2. Ice skill thing.
3. Acid + SP water into skill tree. Should create a MP-draining skill, which should be useful ( I'll be willing to bet that the wisp's 'summon wisps' skill uses SP, and that the more dangerous enemies we'll probably encounter late-game will have SP-using skills)
4. Restore to full health/sp. Use save point, then heal/sp fountain to max if needed.
5. SAVE at checkpoint if necessary.
Sounds like a plan, although I'm ambivalent about bloodshaping something that lets us literally throw our MHP away...

And yeah, if we do caltrops we make a full caltrop.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

It also unlocks wisp mercenary. So, we can hire him, learn wisp-speech, convince the BW that we are not bad, and make him stomp on Proxxy.
We already speak wisp however. We speak every monster language actually.... Hm.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

I doubt caltrops are very useful against incorporeal eletric beings.
Last I checked, the wisps are not inflated balloons.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

They appear to be a combination of swamp lights and electricity. I think.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still no update tonight, but I'm working on a (literally) tiny Warrens side project I think you guys will really appreciate.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Small-font novel?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Warrens: Redwall Edition
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Or maybe Watership Down edition.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Guys if we do leave we should bring the spell book back with us.

--->Cast Windirection
--->Hover over Void
--->Wait for wisp to jump
---> Profit!
This is brilliant! Worst-case-scenario, the Big Wisp decides not to leap and we can whittle them down from a distance.

Wait, why don't we just use Windirection to directly blow the boss into the abyss?

Or maybe Watership Down edition.

i c wat u did thar

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sadly, randimg is having problems, so I can't get the third, forty-ninth or fiftieth TWoOtA Tip into the pile, but the other forty-seven are there. It at least feels good knowing that I have wasted even more of your time with this forum adventure.

GOTTA COLLECT EM ALL!

By the way, you might have turn on images in signatures in your forum/profile options to see them.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:19:48 pm by freeformschooler »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"TWoOtA tip"?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 1544