Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896676 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Preparations
« Reply #6435 on: June 29, 2013, 08:59:35 pm »

i told you about the coin machine

i told you dog

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: June 29, 2013, 08:59:46 pm »

Revision: Cherish: Run the fuck away and heal self.
Goombalady: Run next to Cherish and wait for healing.
Ciro: Get off that fucking platform, you fool!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: June 29, 2013, 09:02:58 pm »

Cherish can heal.

We attack first, so we can probably kill one wisp and draw aggro on the other.

Big Wisp is spending this turn landing on nothing important because we're getting the hell out of the way.

If someone has a clever idea on how to destroy a platform that'd be good, but we can still win if we stop getting double crit. I like those odds!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: June 29, 2013, 09:05:21 pm »

I'm going to assume that 'Cherish at one health' warrents 'Back up to a save point asap' regardless of the enemies condition.
Note to self: Read the character spoilers more often.

Cherish: Sprint to the MP-Replenishing room and replenish your MP. Cast heal on yourself until at full HP, restore MP, and then run back.
Ciro: Stay; you have the HP. Flee the platform and shoot a Wisp.
Goom-Bess: Go with Cherish unless you're feeling brave.
This way, Cherish gets healed and we don't lose our progress!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: June 29, 2013, 09:11:13 pm »

If we stay and fight, Goombess pick up spear (dropping key?) and stab adjacent wisp, Ciro jump to same platform as Cherish and shoot wisp on that platform (or vice versa if it's possible and there would be a range penalty for being too close- I still don't understand this combat system), Cherish heal Goombess and then jump to top platform.  Next turn Cherish can drink the red potion and Ciro and Goombess can wail on BW.

If we run,
If we fall back, Let's fall back to the shop area. Where we have infinitive mana and regen capabilities.

Do note that the big wisp and it's minions will have regenned to max as well when we return.

Vamoose to the west! THeres a drinking fountain/save point that a way for certain.
Unless the dungeon floor boss decides to change the layout, that should be the case.
+1, but GRAB THE SPEAR
+1
And next time, maybe no trying to do street busker tricks with the anti-Wisp superweapon?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: June 29, 2013, 11:21:12 pm »

+1 to retreat
We know our enemy now. We shall be better prepared when we return. If we return.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: June 30, 2013, 02:10:41 am »

No matter how useful Goom-bess is, Cherish is our main concern. Sure, she might be appalled at you if you sacrifice a loyal ally, but she would be still alive. We should still try to save both though.

Our objective should be to get the spear and get the hell out of here.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: June 30, 2013, 03:11:01 am »

+1 to grabbing spear and running for it.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: June 30, 2013, 03:14:33 am »

-1 to retreat west, +1 to retreat north. I get an OMINOUS FEELING that the exit will be blocked or some other unfortunate happenstance will hinder us in our efforts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: June 30, 2013, 09:48:52 am »

Yes, let's retreat from a mini-boss battle to a full boss battle when we're not even confident we can finish off a half-dead Big Wisp...especially since we'll probably have to deal with a fully-healed Big Wisp on our return.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: June 30, 2013, 09:55:18 am »

We should run to the fountain, het healed and that stuff, and when we come back, we just apologize, or try something like turning the little wisps against the big one.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: June 30, 2013, 09:57:03 am »

Mind if I ask what's wrong with having Ciro hold the fort so we don't lose our damage-progress?
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: June 30, 2013, 09:58:43 am »

Mind if I ask what's wrong with having Ciro hold the fort so we don't lose our damage-progress?
I don't oppose to that. Maybe while cherish and goombess are out we can attempt some shenanigans.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: June 30, 2013, 10:01:20 am »

I don't oppose to that. Maybe while cherish and goombess are out we can attempt some shenanigans.
That's two. Let's build support for this plan!
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: June 30, 2013, 10:04:25 am »

That's two. Let's build support for this plan!
And we also have a health potion if this goes south.

Bay12, support this little quote pyramid!
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 1544