Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897694 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....
« Reply #3645 on: May 11, 2013, 04:25:47 pm »

I also seem to recall them being used in a previous game (Luigi Quest?) though I may be mixing ffs up with another GM. Besides, wouldn't it be awesome if the Shipping Grid could be used to unlock Bro Attacks?

And yes, I think we can all agree that freeformscholar is several flavors of awesomesauce.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: May 11, 2013, 04:28:20 pm »

While looking up previous mentions of bro attacks, it seems we could of actually played as Betweenford for a while. Damn, how different would this of turned out if we did?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: May 11, 2013, 04:30:21 pm »

I also seem to recall them being used in a previous game (Luigi Quest?) though I may be mixing ffs up with another GM. Besides, wouldn't it be awesome if the Shipping Grid could be used to unlock Bro Attacks?

And yes, I think we can all agree that freeformscholar is several flavors of awesomesauce.

((They were. There was even a Bro Attack-collecting minigame. Sadly, we never found them all.

.... :'(

I MISS THAT GAME A WHOLE LOT ACTUALLY. PARDON ME WHILE I CRY IN A CORNER FOR MY POOR GMING OF IT AND EVENTUAL KILLING-OFF

Also, this will be on a minor hiatus as of tomorrow since I'm going on a beach trip, likely without a computer.))

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: May 11, 2013, 04:30:50 pm »

@GWG: You act like unnecessary actions and silliness isn't half this game already.
Some days, I hate being the only sane Bay12er.

Hey! I'm almost as sane as you! When was the last time I suggested giving valuable objects to some Illborn blob of adorable uselessness made into a physical form?

While looking up previous mentions of bro attacks, it seems we could of actually played as Betweenford for a while. Damn, how different would this of turned out if we did?
Assuming that old theory that he deals with cheaters and such.

'BETWEENFORD, CHEATER ON T1'

'BETWEENFORD, CHEATER ON A4'

'BETWEEN FORD' CHEATER ON Q 1337'

*angry rhymes*

-Edit-

inb4 debate whether or not i'm sane with GWG.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: May 11, 2013, 04:34:23 pm »

...Right, stuff is going on, forgot.

Group: Eavesdrop on the two.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: May 11, 2013, 04:38:35 pm »

Hm...and sufficient negative Shipping could unlock Foe Attacks, like (say) Cherish shoving Al onto enemies for damage and stunning?

inb4 debate whether or not i'm sane with GWG.
You're sane, save a bit of a kobold obsession. You've also been slightly absent recently.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: May 11, 2013, 04:44:41 pm »

I'm sitting in the corner watching all you dwarves and dragons. I will return.

One day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: May 11, 2013, 04:45:28 pm »

Hm...and sufficient negative Shipping could unlock Foe Attacks, like (say) Cherish shoving Al onto enemies for damage and stunning?

Now you're thinking with combos! *thumbs up*
It's FEF, not FEOF

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: May 11, 2013, 05:09:29 pm »

You know, I was half-joking when I said it the first time, but now I'm remembering the whole theory where strong emotion is tied to soul overcharge. It makes a lot of sense for lesser bro attacks to be induced via strong relationship (strong in magnitude, not vector.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: May 11, 2013, 06:10:34 pm »

I kinda wish I was a cyborg. Seems like they'd be less likely to get these killer headaches I get from time to time. Among other things.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: May 11, 2013, 06:16:31 pm »

Eh, it would be kinda terrible too though, at least in my mind, depending on how extensive the cyborg-ization is. Well, kinda terrible and kinda nice, trade offs.

Either way... I'm curious as to what Betweenford is talking to Floe about. Really, I'm curious as to how she knows him. I had an idea that Betweenford and his brothers/fellow cult members probably have something to do with the code, so that's my guess as to how Floe knows him.

Also, I say that if we get some free time, we should ask how many cycles Chief has lived through. Could be nice exposition, could be horrible, either way we'll learn something. Chances are though, he probably doesn't remember, but he might.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: ....\
« Reply #3657 on: May 11, 2013, 06:26:18 pm »

Eh, it would be kinda terrible too though, at least in my mind, depending on how extensive the cyborg-ization is. Well, kinda terrible and kinda nice, trade offs.
The devil's in the details.

Either way... I'm curious as to what Betweenford is talking to Floe about. Really, I'm curious as to how she knows him. I had an idea that Betweenford and his brothers/fellow cult members probably have something to do with the code, so that's my guess as to how Floe knows him.
I refuse to theorize until we know a little more.

Also, I say that if we get some free time, we should ask how many cycles Chief has lived through. Could be nice exposition, could be horrible, either way we'll learn something. Chances are though, he probably doesn't remember, but he might.
Sounds like an idea.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: May 11, 2013, 06:47:25 pm »

For some reason I thought BetweenFord and his family were sentient robots who served Oric and palls; while secretly devising plans against him, like how Spira revived Rilitia, most likely without permission of Oric

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: May 11, 2013, 07:51:45 pm »

+1 this all the way.

And I think that, as far as sanity goes, very few of us should be talking.

Back to the game, I think we have two options, go looking everywhere for Riltia and Al before Al does something horrible, or go looking everywhere for Cherish, and using the Astral Influx to switch to Riltia, and stop Al from doing something horrible.

Also, from now on, we need to stop splitting up the party! Except for Al, we can forget him.

EDIT: HEY! I just found something! Back on this post, when "Alaric" uses grass knot, his full name is actually Alex!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:56:23 pm by mastahcheese »
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 1544