Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275511 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! A Writer is (Os)Born!
« Reply #1950 on: June 11, 2013, 11:18:27 am »

Just here to tell you all that I'm not dead. I've just had a ton of graduations and parties to go to now that school's ended, and because I'm out so much my family is making me spend my time at home with them. I'll have a turn up later tonight though.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: June 11, 2013, 07:06:20 pm »

I understand, Wwolin. Games tend to suffer during vacation times, due to going on vacations and doing vacation things.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: June 11, 2013, 07:15:50 pm »

Just here to tell you all that I'm not dead. I've just had a ton of graduations and parties to go to now that school's ended, and because I'm out so much my family is making me spend my time at home with them. I'll have a turn up later tonight though.

Nah man, that's cool! It's fine to chill.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: June 11, 2013, 10:15:49 pm »

I have no issues with you not posting, but I still look forward to when you do!
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: June 12, 2013, 12:10:28 am »

((How did that adventure you mentioned go?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: June 12, 2013, 09:30:02 pm »

Tonighttm

By all means take all the time you need, just a friendly reminder that were still here :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: June 15, 2013, 03:31:15 am »

Talked to WWolin on steam, turn will be tomorrow.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

OSBOOOOOORRRRNNNNNNNN?
Start climbing the dragon towards where Osborn probably is
YOU'RE A WRITER, RIGHT? GRANT ME A WISH, JUST ONEEEEEEE?
BE A GOOD PERSON FOR ONCE AND HELP A MAN OUT?

You climb up the bookwyrm until you arrive at the base of the fortress, which is sealed off from you by a large drawbridge. As you call out, the bridge slowly lowers, and a massive insectoid figure carrying a double-ended poleaxe leaps forth from the opening, landing only a few yards away from you. It spins its weapon menacingly as it glares at you with faceted eyes, and as the bridge comes down on it, it grabs onto the edge with its free hand and slams it shut as easily as one might slam a screen door. As it glares wrathfully at you, a man made out of pure silver appears out of nowhere and rushes up to it, screaming incoherently about justice and clanging his fists together noisily to draw the monster's attention.

Keep heading south. Look for someone to either ally with, kill, or ignore.

You head further to the south, passing rank upon rank of men and women carrying enormous guns heading north towards the Bookwyrm. They pay you no notice however, and you're sure you would be trampled to death if they weren't all marching in perfectly organized lines. A short distance away, you spot either a fortified wooden home or a sprawling Gothic manor... You can't tell which, mostly due to how the building seems to switch between the two at random intervals.

Run after the paladin guy.
Hey! Hey, that thing's 5 miles long! Don't go get yourself killed, you're my only piece of loot!

Argenbach does not stop, but instead begins to pummel the dragon's hide, doing no damage to the creature and failing to even wake it from its slumber. He screams something vague about justice, before he catches sight of the fortress upon the monster's back and immediately begins climbing. Well, at least he doesn't seem to be one of those goody-two-shoes "I cannot kill" kind of heroes. You follow him, and soon find him and a strange, somewhat insane looking man squaring off against a massive insect-man with a double-headed poleaxe.

SHOOT THE GOLD-PLATED POISON-IVY KNOCKOFF.
"I'm only violent when I need to be, Miss Buzbee. Given my druthers, I'd never have to kill anybody. I was hoping we could just come here, have some tea, maybe learn a thing or two about what's going on here, then be off on our merry way.

"But then you had to go and spoil it all by threatening Nat."

Kordos steadies his gun hand and levels it again at Bellanor's head.

"Miss Buzbee, do you know what it takes to survive on dozens of different worlds with varying physical and/or metaphysical properties?

"A keen mind. Besides the fact that the conscious is one of the only things to make it through world transfer completely the same, being able to quickly observe one's surroundings and act upon those observations is the only thing that allows a Green Cloak survive long enough on worlds to rank up past First Scout.

"I am a Marshall. If you knew anything about the Green Cloak ranking system, you would know that's a pretty big deal. But you won't survive long enough to learn it, because I have recently made four observations that will lead to your imminent demise:

"1. You and Nat appear to be the same sort of thing. A Writer, I believe you said.

"2. Nat's powers seem to be somehow tied to her sword.

"3. You threatened to melt down Nat's sword, and implied that such a thing would kill her, implying there is some sort of life-force connection between a Writer and their implement.

"4. You asked your servant to fetch you your cookbook, and upon retrieving it have been able to conjure thorns to attack me.

"So, if I've deduced correctly, this next shot should do you in."

Kordos lowers his aim down towards Bellanor's cookbook and fires.

Edit: It' probably not appropriate for a theme or anything, but this is what I had playing in the background when I wrote this action. (Maybe if Nat and I had one more member joining us so we could form up a Triforce.)
(Alena dex: 6-2)
(Kordos dex: 6+5)
(Nat dex: 6+8) Hooray for sixes!
(Bellanor dex: 3+3)

(Nat str: 3+7)
(Bellanor end: 1+7)

(Kordos dex: 5+5)
(Bellanor dex: 1+3)
(Bellanor end: (1+7)/2)

(Golden Bellanor dex: 4+4)
(Golden Bellanor aff: 6+6)
(Nat dex: 4+8)
(Kordos dex: 2+5)
(Kordos end: 1-5)

(Alena dex: 2-2)
(Golden Bellanor dex: 4+5)

Bellanor laughs at Kordos' deduction as she raises her vines for another assault, but her expression quickly turns to one of shock and pain as one of her thorny tendrils explodes in a flash of crimson light as Nat's sword bursts through it. As Bellanor writhes in pain, Nat spins her blade rapidly like a helicopter in order to slow her descent, slicing chunks of gold out of Bellanor all the way down. Seeing his chance, Kordos draws a bead on Bellanor's book and fires, turning the text into a shower of snow-white paper. Bellanor's vines immediately wither and die, crushing the woman beneath them. Nat begins to activate a rune on her blade, but stops suddenly as a squeaky voice echoes from a loudspeaker atop the mansion gate.
"Goodness gracious, you killed me in my own garden! I know you're not known for your manners, but that was truly indecent. Still, you've heard Fiona's new rules, haven't you? I'm allowed to stay in this contest until my book is destroyed. And since I can control the setting, it's going to take quite a bit of work in order to injure me to that point..."
The dead vines covering the garden come to life before shrinking into the ground, as if they were growing in reverse. From the holes that they leave emerge seeds, which wiggle a bit before flying into a seed pouch in front of the mansion door, which flies open to reveal a young girl of eight or nine. She's wearing a child-sized version of Bellanor's enormous gown, and she speaks in a voice which is somewhat squeaky, but definitely Bellanor's.
"The setting isn't just a place, you know. I can control time too. No matter how many times you kill me or my book, we can just come back in from a different time. In fact, I think it may be my ninth birthday today, meaning that Lance should have baked me a cake. Now, if I just alter the setting to bring that cake here..."
Bellanor pulls out her cookbook, which seems significantly thinner than it used to be, and tears out a page. There's a faint buzzing sound before a solid gold cake roughly the size of a small car falls directly on top of Kordos, crushing him to death almost instantly while Nat rolls out of the way.
"One down, one to-"
A literal hail of icy bullets passes over Bellanor's head as Alena flies in and makes a strafing run and misses completely.
"Another uninvited guest trying to murder me in my own home? Ooh, but Miss Asta, I do believe that this one has something for you. A magic wand from a mister Samuel Douse? Goodness, I suppose that he really does care for you after all. Why, I'm a bit jeal- Oops! I can't go stealing Alfred's thing now, can I?"
Nat's grip tightens on her blade, and her skin begins to fuse with her armor as she spins her sword above her head and begins to rise above the ground towards the plane.
"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAEGHHHHHHHHH!"
Content with her work, Bellanor yawns.
"You know, perhaps I was being a little harsh on you before. After all, all you did was enter my garden and try to murder me. Plus, I'm just dying to see what Lance got me for my birthday, so I'll forgive the both of you to the fullest. Feel free to spend as much time as you'd like in the garden, but don't hesitate to come inside should you grow bored."
With that, Bellanor skips back inside, leaving Alena to deal with Nat in the garden.

KORDOS IS DEAD!

"This is where the fun begins!"

Use powers to "remember" what they are. if someone tries to kill me, make them forget what they're supposed to be doing.

EDIT: If I can't figure out my own powers, ask bug man.

EDIT 2: Also, maybe pick up the book to see if that helps.

You remember everything. Your powers can recreate anything that you remember, and revert anything to a state that you remembered it being in. You can also alter the memories of others, but that's nowhere near as fun as summoning that map-destroying black meteor from before.

I feel pretty horrible about shooting that girl in the back then making a spear from her mutilated corpse and killing that other guy with it..
i was meant to be one of the good guys... i guess ill just murder all the witnesses and sweep this shit under the rug before anyone else notices... that or fake my own death.

shoot the armored fellow in the face, his face isnt wearing armor is it?
If he survives just keep shooting him in the least armored parts of his body until he dies.

(Rozar dex: 1+4)
(Iron Settler dex: 3+1)

(Rozar dex: 2+4)
(Iron Settler dex: 5+1)

(Iron Settler dex: 6+1)
(Rozar dex: 2+4)
(Iron Settler str: 1+4)
(Rozar end: 3+4)

You can't find a spot on the man that isn't covered in heavy iron plating, so you aim for one of the joints in the armor and pull the trigger. He's much quicker than you thought however, and he spins away from the shot before slamming one of his longsword-sized claws into your ribs, knocking you back across the icy ground.

"Bloody massive lightning slam. Glorious. Carry on, then."

He spins the watch around a finger for a moment, walking over the mudfrog's dried-out husk, kicking it with his foot to scatter its remains before walking off, whistling a jaunty tune.

EXPLORE! Look for anything interesting!

You head west into a cold and hilly area bordered by dense forests to the north and south. One of the hills has an opening carved into it, and strange lattices of gems looking almost like crystallized blood are creeping out of it like frost across the ground.

---
Immediately begin tracking the last signal location of ALGEM. Meet up with her killer and demand answers.
M-miss? What happened to ALGEM? Her signal died, but there weren't any signs of a struggle, so... How did it happen?
Annie look at her arm in silence. It seem that she in shock at the moment. (Considering that 2 of her friends just died and one was by her own (unwilling) hand, may have to wait a moment)

Numbly open the box.

You reach out to open the box, and it immediately crystallizes and falls apart, leaving behind a small metal ball covered in strange symbols. Well, at least it WAS metal. Your crystals swarm it immediately, turning it into a sort of rune-covered ruby gem, which floats up and sets itself firmly in your forehead. You suddenly feel much stronger, and find that you can control your crystals with ease, as if they were parts of your own body.

Pick up the claymore and the knife.

You pick up the two blades and are immediately surrounded by a mantle of roaring winds, as if you have become the center of your own personal tornado. The winds don't seem to affect you at all, but they're obviously quite forceful, as evidenced by the steel floor panels which are being torn up and tossed around like scraps of shredded paper.

((Wait... Did my paper kill or imprison the orphan? Also, I'm glad that it was dangerous, but not a spectacle.))
Hurry on to the palace!

You make it to the palace in no time, mostly due to the urchins avoiding you after seeing what your paper can do. Inside, you find most of the ship's crew, as well as a league of soldiers dressed in crystal armor, all gathered around expensive-looking tables set with every imaginable sort of food. At the far end of the room is a podium, and atop this is an old man dressed in black robes, with a lead crown atop his graying hair and a black clipboard in his hand, which he constantly examines and scowls at.

CZA looked at his immediate surroundings. A foresty-region, with lakes and streams and deer and such. Silver pliers. The water creatures that came at him. He rubbed his eyes; he wasn't in NYC anymore. To explain this dark sorcery, it could mean he was in the place that was rumored only to be legend. "Oh God...they sent me to Louisiana." This meant there could be armed KKK members or Voodoo monsters sneaking up on him right at this moment! He reaches into his jacket, gripping his 9 instinctively, only to find it had dissapeared. He looked at the pliers. Well, they didn't look very deadly.

CZA proceeds into this newfangled land, trying to find a weapon more conventional than silver pliers to defend himself with.

You don't know all that much about Louisiana, but you do know that the golden rule is to stay away from any place that's swampy or in any way forested, especially when you're unarmed. Keeping this in mind, you look around and spot a hilly area to the west and head there, finding a pretty average looking man carrying some sort of fancy pocketwatch, which arcs with electricity.

"Uh huh. By the way, can you analyze pretty much anything in the world we come across, or just pieces of loot?"

Head north.

"I'm the LOREmaster, not the LOOTmaster! There's nothing at all that I can't analyze, provided that it belongs in the story. And even if it doesn't, I'm still a pretty good guesser!"
You head north into a hilly area, with some sort of temple to the east. It's pretty windy here, and you have to keep a good grip on the Loremaster to prevent it from being carried off.

I'm back y'all! the Husk of the Hipster returns!

Belt as loud as I can into the speaker:"VENGEANCE FOR MY MEN! TO ANY MY FOLLOWERS WHO CAN HEAR ME. BRING ME A CARRIAGE! AND KILL THAT DRAGON IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE!" then draw the next card.

Your men immediately charge towards the dragon, their steam-rifles whirring as a few of them fire shots into the air, and a group of them push a brass carriage towards you, which rolls along on a pair of enormous wheels. You step into this new ride and draw your next card, which summons up a man wearing what can only be described as a doctor's coat covered in blue sequins. You don't notice any seals on him, and he sits down beside you, removing a long scalpel from his sleeve.

((Damn Osborn, taking center stage in the plot.... I think. And almost the same for VG... the person with them and... the green cloak guy against gold plant witch girl writer... thing. I hope I run into something cool too! Well... then again that means my character could die! I don't want that! Feels like the protagonist in a story, except unlike them where you expect them to live up to the end, you can die at any time! That's kinda exciting too....))

"Hm..... A.U.R.W.Y.N.? Hm.... Are U Robert Williams? Yes/No? Hahaha... no way that's it. Hm.... Auto Use Reaction Weapon... then what about the Y and N? Now this is making me curious. Almost as curious as my huge addiction to seeing almost everyone in pain, kahahaha!" Evil Lucky pauses for a moment to think. "Hm... What can can you tell me about your previous masters? And something else I didn't care much about till now, what was that... uh... "personality loading" thing you said after I told you I was your new master?"

Talk some more while continuing exploring through the underground mushroom desert.

((And something else I wanna ask. Since Aurwyn's DEX is low, wouldn't that make her aim with the long range acid reality tearing thing be really bad? The reason I have had her use it much was because of that.... so I wanna ask before I find out the hard way when we're all stuck in a dangerous situation.))
(Octopus dex: 2)
(Aurwyn dex: 6-6)
(Octopus aff: 5)
(Aurwyn str: 2+2)

"I don't remember too much about them, but the first one was always going on about some sort of SYSTEM. I don't remember anything at all about the second ONE. I don't know much about the personality loading either, but I think that it has to do with my first MASTER."
You begin to walk across the desert, but stop suddenly as... something... emerges from the hill. It's an octopus about the size of a housecat, made entirely out of silver metal, with a soft red glow around it. With absolutely no warning, it fires a heavy metal lasso from one of its tentacles at Aurwyn, which not only ensnares her, but seems to deactivate her, her golden body going limp as the octopus reels her in and begins to carry her to the hill.

Ohh, i missed a turn somewhere. woops. sorry about the last post I made...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You call the heart/piranha thing back to you and rush out of the hill, which is rapidly crystallizing behind you. Looking around on the surface, you spot two people standing on a nearby hill, one of whom seems to be carrying some sort of electrical pocketwatch.

GLOSTER AND MIYAKI SPAWN!
(Gloster luk: -2-2)

Gloster's waiver becomes a model airplane, which seems to be perpetually on fire.

((Miyaki luk: 1+6))

Miyaki's waiver becomes a large spiked shield, which crackles with foul greenish lightning.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Make another pass!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Charge to the top of the hill to look for my friend. If i cant find y friend then run towards the people i DO see with my hands FAR above my head, while running in zig-zags.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

"Okay, I better now. What did you want?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

"Well. That certainly looks foreboding.

ALLONS-Y!"

Head into the cave, eyes peeled for anything else interesting. Continue spinning watch around finger.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

I get a bad. BAD. feeling from this thing.

I mean, it's BUILT to crash and burn.

Welp.

Attempt to grasp plane safely, give it a nice powerful throw attempting to see what it can do.

I-I... I see, miss. That explains... I'm very sorry for you, dear. I understand that you and ALGEM were close.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile

"well, I guess it's time to figure out exactly what I can do!"

okay, return my old wing, don the black cape of strength, endurance, and awesome. Next wield the giant scimitar of heaviness, then fly with bug dude out of the castle and return the dragon to its book form (take it with me).

NEXT: try to create a copy of lilia just as she was beofore she got shot by that nuclear SMG, and in her memories replace Lucky with me. Next, try and read bug dudes memories for more details on this universes history. Last, try to make a second scimitar for Lilia (to see if I can make multiple.)
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

fire off a quick shot aiming at his neck joint or eyeholes, dont let him back into melee range and just keep peppering him with joint shots.

If he does manage to get back into melee hit him in the bottom of his jaw with the butt of my rifle in an attempt to dislodge his helmet.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:15:01 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 159