Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275239 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! MAPS!
« Reply #1875 on: May 31, 2013, 03:57:27 pm »

"Uh... what exactly IS that thing? Regardless, I think we're best served going elsewhere."

Get bookwyrm analyzed, then head... oh, how about northeast?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: May 31, 2013, 04:07:23 pm »

The bookwyrm's range is pretty massive, but it's really too big to notice most people without them doing something to attract its attention or drive it into a blind rage.

Like me... before it was massive and after I sent the meteor into it's face. Still surprised the meteor didn't even scratch it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:13:59 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: May 31, 2013, 05:20:44 pm »

((Hey can you say if that map is the map of the world or not? I'd love to know where the location of things around the world are generally at.))
It's actually only about 2/3 of the northern hemisphere. But the rest of the world is sort of a 'lost lands', which hasn't been explored much, and as such maps are rare.
Hm...cou,d we reach the rest by means of, say, a miles-long dragon?

Also, are there any people in play with such low Badassery that they'd almost always be the target of the Bookwyrm? And how long is the Bookwyrm's reach? I've got a plan...maybe with Hastur's watch...and we need to put Osborn somewhere safe...
Quite probably. Even an airship or a boat would be just fine, since it's not too far, just large and mostly uninhabited. The bookwyrm's range is pretty massive, but it's really too big to notice most people without them doing something to attract its attention or drive it into a blind rage.
(The Bookwyrm is really the ends, not the means.)

Anyways, I have a plan. It involves taking control of the Bookwyrm for our own purposes. If anyone wants to know more, I'm forming a PMing "alliance," inspired by similar teams in Perplexicon, with which we can organize some efforts to harness the might of that awesome being.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: May 31, 2013, 06:59:11 pm »

((Hey can you say if that map is the map of the world or not? I'd love to know where the location of things around the world are generally at.))
It's actually only about 2/3 of the northern hemisphere. But the rest of the world is sort of a 'lost lands', which hasn't been explored much, and as such maps are rare.

Also, are there any people in play with such low Badassery that they'd almost always be the target of the Bookwyrm? And how long is the Bookwyrm's reach? I've got a plan...maybe with Hastur's watch...and we need to put Osborn somewhere safe...
Quite probably. Even an airship or a boat would be just fine, since it's not too far, just large and mostly uninhabited. The bookwyrm's range is pretty massive, but it's really too big to notice most people without them doing something to attract its attention or drive it into a blind rage.

Anyways, I have a plan. It involves taking control of the Bookwyrm for our own purposes. If anyone wants to know more, I'm forming a PMing "alliance," inspired by similar teams in Perplexicon, with which we can organize some efforts to harness the might of that awesome being.
You may have to do that before Hero McSilverSurfer with me tries to kill the thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: May 31, 2013, 07:02:14 pm »

You may have to do that before Hero McSilverSurfer with me tries to kill the thing.
Why?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: May 31, 2013, 07:03:40 pm »

Why?
He's a HERO of JUSTICE and FREEDOM. Of course he's going to slay the dragon.
Also: excluding me from the alliance? Pity.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: May 31, 2013, 07:35:55 pm »

Quite the opposite, in fact. I was asking your motive so I could determine how to convince you how keeping the bookwyrm alive is in your interest.

Now tell me, good hero: What justice is there in killing an innocent being that had no choice in being a giant murderous dragon when you could turn the beast to the side of good? My plan will have the Bookwyrm attacking only the evil. In addition, it will form a base for the Forces of Good and Justice, a mobile base which can take Good to the Evil!
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: May 31, 2013, 07:43:44 pm »

Quite the opposite, in fact. I was asking your motive so I could determine how to convince you how keeping the bookwyrm alive is in your interest.

Now tell me, good hero: What justice is there in killing an innocent being that had no choice in being a giant murderous dragon when you could turn the beast to the side of good? My plan will have the Bookwyrm attacking only the evil. In addition, it will form a base for the Forces of Good and Justice, a mobile base which can take Good to the Evil!
And I suppose the leader of this group would be you, then? You would decide what is good and what is evil according to your moral code? That's surprisingly tyrantlike for you, GWG. Also, why do you want to violate it's free will? The dragon is currently doing whatever it wants. If you harness it and get it do do your thing, it becomes your possession. Don't enslave the dragon, GWG. Don't be a tyrant.
Sig! Onol

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: May 31, 2013, 07:50:39 pm »

If I make it out of wherever I am right now, I would very much like to join your Goodness and Justice Force atop your mobile dragon base.

That makes me wish there was a game like this where all the players are various superheros and supervillains, forming up teams and owning awesome bases/lairs.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: May 31, 2013, 07:51:21 pm »

If I make it out of wherever I am right now, I would very much like to join your Goodness and Justice Force atop your mobile dragon base.
The noble Green Ranger, joining the aspiring tyrant? Shame.
Sig! Onol

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: May 31, 2013, 08:33:50 pm »

((This is interesting and all, but I want to know what this paper does.))
Begin walking to aforementioned palace. Put my paper in my back pocket, sticking out a bit, just begging for someone to steal it.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: May 31, 2013, 08:48:02 pm »

And I suppose the leader of this group would be you, then? You would decide what is good and what is evil according to your moral code? That's surprisingly tyrantlike for you, GWG. Also, why do you want to violate it's free will? The dragon is currently doing whatever it wants. If you harness it and get it do do your thing, it becomes your possession. Don't enslave the dragon, GWG. Don't be a tyrant.
1. Why would you assume this?
2. You want to kill it. That's a worse trespass on its free will. Besides, the "control" I have planned is nothing more than directing it to attack certain people instead of others. (I'll admit that it might fail if random civilians attack our dragon base, but at least natural selection would reduce such incidents...)
Sig

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 31, 2013, 09:51:16 pm »

((This is interesting and all, but I want to know what this paper does.))
Begin walking to aforementioned palace. Put my paper in my back pocket, sticking out a bit, just begging for someone to steal it.
Oh man your turn is going to be hilarious, I just know it.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: May 31, 2013, 10:03:55 pm »

GWG: I never said I want to kill it.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: May 31, 2013, 10:46:37 pm »

GWG: I never said I want to kill it.
Then what DO you want to do? Let it run about and kill anyone it comes across?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 159