Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 275410 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Decapitated!
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2013, 08:47:11 pm »

You realise if you get it everyone will attack you right? Noone will try to kill you but everyone will either try to steal it and run off or try to steal it and abduct you to keep it in play.

Well then they won't try to kill me (at first) and have to deal with an Uber cannon of MMD (Massively Mass Destruction) before they steal it, kidnap me, do unmentionable things to me, make fun of me, etc.

Hell... im considering kidnapping you just to weaponise make use of your luck score by tranquilising people and having you stab them in the neck while they cant defend themselves...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2013, 09:02:04 pm »

You realise if you get it everyone will attack you right? Noone will try to kill you but everyone will either try to steal it and run off or try to steal it and abduct you to keep it in play.

Well then they won't try to kill me (at first) and have to deal with an Uber cannon of MMD (Massively Mass Destruction) before they steal it, kidnap me, do unmentionable things to me, make fun of me, etc.

Hell... im considering kidnapping you just to weaponise make use of your luck score by tranquilising people and having you stab them in the neck while they cant defend themselves...

lol I'd probrably go along with that too lol... if you survive long enough for me to spawn.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2013, 09:07:58 pm »

"I think we can handle that Moretti guy together, I-I guess..."

Run and sneak behind a tree to watch what Systar does. Tell my snake to go and bite him, too.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2013, 09:18:40 pm »

Waitlist please.

Name: Da Funk
Looks: He looks a lot like Elvis. But everyone knows Elvis is dead. Right?
Stats:
Strength: -
Endurance: 0
Dexterity: +
Affinity: +
Luck: -
Badassery: 0
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2013, 09:28:29 pm »

Yeah, luck is the quality of gear that you get. My generator can handle anywhere between -100 and 100 luck, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to implement. Also, on an interesting note, weapons spawned from both 100 and -100 luck both tend to have universe destroying capabilities. As in on a test roll with a 100, it made a space-capable vehicle that could easily destroy the world and turn this into Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure in Space! Which could be pretty cool, now that I think about it...
...Please show me the loot generator.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2013, 09:33:04 pm »

Roll positive and negative 42 and tell me what comes out  :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2013, 09:35:44 pm »

If I can get a sentient hell-disk at 7, who knows what PHAT LEWT is available in the 11 range.

Also, I see I am attracting attention already!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2013, 09:48:17 pm »

Yeah, luck is the quality of gear that you get. My generator can handle anywhere between -100 and 100 luck, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to implement. Also, on an interesting note, weapons spawned from both 100 and -100 luck both tend to have universe destroying capabilities. As in on a test roll with a 100, it made a space-capable vehicle that could easily destroy the world and turn this into Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure in Space! Which could be pretty cool, now that I think about it...
My thoughts exactly.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2013, 10:39:54 pm »

So I'm doing this now...

42, which I call the Volcanic Rock: A large electric guitar carved from a dark brown wood so hard and sleek that it could be mistaken for metal. While playing it, the user is capable of manipulating metal and fire with near godlike results, and stone with extremely powerful results. The sound produced by this instrument is so terrifying that only a true badass can listen to it without being rendered unconscious. On affinity rolls of three or higher, this instrument summons forth a wolf made of pure flame, which has +1 affinity and dexterity, -2 endurance, and is incapable of speech despite being able to obey commands from its summoner. This instrument provides its wielder with +8 affinity, +6 dexterity, +6 endurance, and +3 luck.

-42: The generator crashed after coming up with a bowtie. I'm going to try to prevent it from doing that from now on. Hopefully nobody actually gets this far into the negatives, although one of you guys is probably now thinking "Challenge Accepted".

My thoughts exactly.
I'll release it if this ever ends. It's pretty great.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2013, 10:43:05 pm »

Damn, that thing would destroy even SIR BADASSITUUDE

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2013, 10:53:51 pm »

With a bonus of +8 Affinity, you'll almost always summon a fire wolf... except when someone uses a weapon on you that lowers your affinity... and i'm guessing there weapons that give people negative stats. That or you started out with -8 affinity.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2013, 11:06:19 pm »

With a bonus of +8 Affinity, you'll almost always summon a fire wolf... except when someone uses a weapon on you that lowers your affinity... and i'm guessing there weapons that give people negative stats. That or you started out with -8 affinity.
Of course, by the time someone's gotten something like this, there will probably be some other loot hungry maniac going after them with an equally monstrous item. And when I say near godlike elemental control, I mean that the owner of this guitar will be capable of causing a volcanic eruption if they want to.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2013, 11:09:24 pm »

So I'm doing this now...

42, which I call the Volcanic Rock: A large electric guitar carved from a dark brown wood so hard and sleek that it could be mistaken for metal. While playing it, the user is capable of manipulating metal and fire with near godlike results, and stone with extremely powerful results. The sound produced by this instrument is so terrifying that only a true badass can listen to it without being rendered unconscious. On affinity rolls of three or higher, this instrument summons forth a wolf made of pure flame, which has +1 affinity and dexterity, -2 endurance, and is incapable of speech despite being able to obey commands from its summoner. This instrument provides its wielder with +8 affinity, +6 dexterity, +6 endurance, and +3 luck.

-42: The generator crashed after coming up with a bowtie. I'm going to try to prevent it from doing that from now on. Hopefully nobody actually gets this far into the negatives, although one of you guys is probably now thinking "Challenge Accepted".

fucking want... bow ties are cool

jokes

but yeah goddamn that guitar would be powerful.. especially if for every 3 points you rolled summoned another wolf... if i gave that shit to arthur and he rolled a natural 6 that's... (8+6+1)/3.... 5 goddamn flaming wolves tearing you to pieces AND his attack causing your head to explode from mind blowing levels of badass...

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2013, 11:33:40 pm »

Of course, by the time someone's gotten something like this, there will probably be some other loot hungry maniac going after them with an equally monstrous item. And when I say near godlike elemental control, I mean that the owner of this guitar will be capable of causing a volcanic eruption if they want to.

Holy crap.... now I wanna where this game will go with these insane weapon. I'm betting the map will be terraformed multiple times by the time this thing is over.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:42:31 pm by superBlast »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2013, 11:39:52 pm »

I am so glad I joined this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 159