Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66

Author Topic: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM  (Read 69670 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM
« Reply #960 on: February 07, 2013, 01:50:36 am »

Please do not assume that you're a member of that portion of society which will make rational decisions when using a gun.

I am, because I have.
So now you're saying that you're a gun-toting-badass vigilante who's shot someone in the name of whatever? Un-fucking-believable.

Guys, this is obviously getting nowhere. Aerie is trolling us and pretending to be something other than a fucking moron with nothing to do. Let's leave this fuckwit alone and try and move on again, shall we?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 07, 2013, 01:51:16 am »

Let's.

So, how bout them republicans?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 07, 2013, 01:51:51 am »

I'll reiterate: I think the sane-a-thon is fake. Who's with me?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 07, 2013, 01:52:23 am »

What's the saneathon? I appear to have missed it...

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 07, 2013, 01:53:24 am »

So now you're saying that you're a gun-toting-badass vigilante who's shot someone in the name of whatever? Un-fucking-believable.
Strawman arguments are a logical fallacy. I was saying that I have made a rational decision in the use of a firearm against an attacker in the past. I am speaking from experience.

Guys, this is obviously getting nowhere. Aerie is trolling us and pretending to be something other than a fucking moron with nothing to do. Let's leave this fuckwit alone and try and move on again, shall we?
Just because you feel trolled does not mean that I am trolling. I understand that tempers can be heated when people are confronted with opinions that they are strongly adverse to, and I apologize that you do feel strongly about the situation, but the fact alone that you feel angry at me does not mean that I am deliberately trying to attack you.

I have not made a single personal attack against anyone in this thread, nor do I intend to, even under your onslaught of insults and accusations of trolling. Please be more rational in your assumptions.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:55:07 am by Aerie »
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #965 on: February 07, 2013, 01:53:53 am »

I am. Thinking quickly, I'll shoot myself. BAM. I win. You kill death ratio shall not rise!
360 |\|0 |-|34|)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 07, 2013, 01:54:07 am »

What's the saneathon? I appear to have missed it...
The republicans dumping their highest octane crazies, such as Palin and Akin, in favor of folks who sound a little less unbalanced.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 07, 2013, 01:54:36 am »

I have a reply in case they come back, but until then: Someone linked a page or two back to a news report of the GOP and Fox trying to clear up their act. At least in the rhetoric, though they were -veeeery- clear to say "Our ideas are the same, we're just not gonna talk about the more crazy ones!"

Aerie: It's not that we're adverse to your opinions. It's that your opinions to this point have amounted to, basically a) "I have a gun and am therefore invincible" and b) "I won't be a victim because... because I say so! Who cares if they have a gun and all the cards, and if I do anything untoward will get shot in the head! I'm still not a victim!"

You're acting like you're this action hero, super-calm and totally invulnerable, without accounting for the fact that there are situations where you are, sometimes quite literally, fucked. And no whining that "I'm not a victim!" is going to save you, and will probably get you killed for your trouble.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:57:20 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 07, 2013, 01:55:16 am »

Ehhhh, I bet it's fake. Seems sane. Too sane.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 07, 2013, 01:56:11 am »

Misko posted it. For some reason, quoting isn't working properly at the moment, but here's his link: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/02/ppp-trust-in-fox-news-hits-record-low-156277.html?hp=r4

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 07, 2013, 01:56:31 am »

Wait, wasn't that the big decision they made at that meeting? So they're actually going THROUGH with something? Impressive.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 07, 2013, 01:56:58 am »

I am. Thinking quickly, I'll shoot myself. BAM. I win. You kill death ratio shall not rise!
360 |\|0 |-|34|)
Hehe. You know your the first person to respond to me other then my link all day? It's not fair.

Please do not assume that you're a member of that portion of society which will make rational decisions when using a gun.

I am, because I have.

I said this earlier. Peeps don;t listen. that's why I turned to being annoying.

I'll reiterate: I think the sane-a-thon is fake. Who's with me?
Ehh. It's fairly obvious that losing is bad, even they know that. they'll deal with the crazies when it lets them win, but take away power and they'll get mad.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 07, 2013, 01:57:44 am »

RE: Republican sane-a-thon. I'm betting it's fake. Sure, they can change the mouthpieces, but unless the core ideology of the right wing of US politics changes to a more progressive stance, there's no real change. No different than putting wallpaper up in a condemned house.
Agreed, but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. I've always assumed that the insanity was insincere on the part of the politicians who didn't ride the Tea Party wave into office. It looks like it's no longer bringing in political capital, so with any luck maybe we will be able to decide the other is evil while still getting things done.
[Quote: MaximumZero
Aerie is trolling us and pretending to be something other than a fucking moron with nothing to do. Let's leave this fuckwit alone and try and move on again, shall we?]
If he's a fucking moron with nothing to do, what does that make those of us who took the bait? Seriously, though, announcing your intention not to talk to him accomplishes nothing, because it still counts as attention. I like to think that responding in invisible text will prevent him from noticing.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:00:05 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #973 on: February 07, 2013, 01:58:55 am »

Ehhhh, I bet it's fake. Seems sane. Too sane.
Well remember the Republicans actually trying to fix copyright for a dozen hours? Maybe it's like this as well, the Republicans found a power up and they're waiting for the timer to drop.

360 |\|0 |-|34|)
Hehe. You know your the first person to respond to me other then my link all day? It's not fair.

Not even Strawberry turtle? :O

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 07, 2013, 02:00:46 am »

RE: Republican sane-a-thon. I'm betting it's fake. Sure, they can change the mouthpieces, but unless the core ideology of the right wing of US politics changes to a more progressive stance, there's no real change. No different than putting wallpaper up in a condemned house.
Agreed, but I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. I've always assumed that the insanity was insincere on the part of the politicians who didn't ride the Tea Party wave into office. It looks like it's no longer bringing in political capital, so with any luck maybe we will be able to decide the other is evil while still getting things done.
Quote: MaximumZero
Aerie is trolling us and pretending to be something other than a fucking moron with nothing to do. Let's leave this fuckwit alone and try and move on again, shall we?
If he's a fucking moron with nothing to do, what does that make those of us who took the bait? Seriously, though, announcing your intention not to talk to him accomplishes nothing, because it still counts as attention. I like to think that responding in invisible text will prevent him from noticing.

Yeah, I agree. All those crazies are fun and all, but when it's costing you votes, as opposed to when it was giving you ones, it's a whole different story. Still, remains to be seen what they CAN do. I toss in my invisible text into the end of my sentenses
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66