Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141737 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #540 on: June 29, 2014, 06:38:23 am »

I have a partial solution, but it requires CDI:VERB and CDI:VERB_TARGET tags. I will include a way of optionally silencing them from the actual announcement log, but they have to be there for this method to work.

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 29, 2014, 09:16:00 am »

A script that creates items on embark according to the starting dwarves' highest skill so the player doesn't end up with an absurd situation where profession dwarves have no equipment:
  • A dwarf whose highest profession is Miner should automatically start with a pick
  • A dwarf whose highest profession is Woodcutter should automatically start with an axe
  • A dwarf whose highest profession is *smithing should automatically start with an anvil
  • Military dwarves should come fully armored and equipped

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #542 on: June 29, 2014, 09:17:49 am »

A script that creates items on embark according to the starting dwarves' highest skill so the player doesn't end up with an absurd situation where profession dwarves have no equipment:
  • A dwarf whose highest profession is Miner should automatically start with a pick
  • A dwarf whose highest profession is Woodcutter should automatically start with an axe
  • A dwarf whose highest profession is *smithing should automatically start with an anvil
  • Military dwarves should come fully armored and equipped
Cant you simply take more points and buy those things?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 29, 2014, 09:22:09 am »

Hunters do start with a free crossbow, leather armor and quiver. The point is that it removes tedious micromanagement (having to manually equip each of your dwarves, etc.) and would allow to take less points than usual.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 29, 2014, 10:37:12 pm »

Something vaguely like advfort for arena mode so modders can test buildings and reactions without going through worldgen.

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 30, 2014, 09:54:51 am »

How about something which would allow us to get back reason(s) why something is not being done? Like why when I have tons of bolts but soldiers are without ammo. Rather than posting on the forum and getting a set of things to check, I can just debug it myself.

I had another thought, but it's escaping me right now...

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 30, 2014, 10:10:16 am »

I have a partial solution, but it requires CDI:VERB and CDI:VERB_TARGET tags. I will include a way of optionally silencing them from the actual announcement log, but they have to be there for this method to work.

I am interested to see your partial solution. I had fiddled with CDI:VERB but was never sure if I was doing it quite correctly, I am sure your method is much better than what I was able to whip up.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 30, 2014, 06:39:24 pm »

Probably impossible, but it's related to TwbT so who knows:

Inplement Truetype in [print_mode:standard]

Less fiddling around when you want TrueType, Text will be Text, or Rendermax. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 30, 2014, 06:59:51 pm »

I am interested to see your partial solution. I had fiddled with CDI:VERB but was never sure if I was doing it quite correctly, I am sure your method is much better than what I was able to whip up.

My partial solution is to iterate through df.global.world.status.reports and look for INTERACTION_ACTOR and INTERACTION_TARGET events, require that they happen at the same time, then walk through all the units in df.global.world.units.all and find what reports are in their personal report lists to find out the attacker and defender, then fire the event. Too slow to do very often in Lua, but it's fine for EventManager. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement it yourself in Lua if you want to play with it in r5. I haven't actually done it yet, but theoretically it should work.

There are a few corner cases that misses, like one unit doing an interaction on many simultaneously, or two units using the same interaction on the same tick on two distinct targets, but I'll keep fiddling with it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 07:01:44 pm by expwnent »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #549 on: June 30, 2014, 07:04:52 pm »

Probably impossible, but it's related to TwbT so who knows:

Inplement Truetype in [print_mode:standard]

Less fiddling around when you want TrueType, Text will be Text, or Rendermax.

But truetype isn't supported on many screens, including dfhack screens, anyway, so what's the point? I thought my new idea of separate tile sizes for map and text is solving the problem of readability and truncation of long notifications, etc., isn't it?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 30, 2014, 07:39:48 pm »

But truetype isn't supported on many screens, including dfhack screens, anyway, so what's the point? I thought my new idea of separate tile sizes for map and text is solving the problem of readability and truncation of long notifications, etc., isn't it?

Don't work on this!  You have far better things to do.

The only reason I care at all is the crash-to-desktop with stonesense, since without a way to disable the plugin I can't have both at the moment (else just add "multicmd TwbT disable; wait 10; stonesense overlay" as the activation command).  Which in turn only matters to me because the isometric is a massive draw to new players; I prefer the 2D like most current players. 

It's a problem that's in the process of going away, but I thought I might as well post the idea in case it was easy. 
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #551 on: June 30, 2014, 08:11:16 pm »

The only reason I care at all is the crash-to-desktop with stonesense, since without a way to disable the plugin I can't have both at the moment (else just add "multicmd TwbT disable; wait 10; stonesense overlay" as the activation command).  Which in turn only matters to me because the isometric is a massive draw to new players; I prefer the 2D like most current players. 

What build for win or os x has stonesense overlay working for sure? I have some builds of r3,4,5 for both systems for testing, but all of them either has no stonesense, no overlay, or it's crashing...

There are several things to think about regarding having twbt and stonesense together, especially if different tile sizes for text/map are used. Ideally, for better performance stonesense overlay should disable map rendering entirely when enabled.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 30, 2014, 08:33:29 pm »

What build for win or os x has stonesense overlay working for sure? I have some builds of r3,4,5 for both systems for testing, but all of them either has no stonesense, no overlay, or it's crashing...
From the dfhack-r5 thread, I downloaded the windows-r5 Stonesense; I don't know what that's built from.    As far as I know there's no working OSX release. 

There are several things to think about regarding having twbt and stonesense together, especially if different tile sizes for text/map are used. Ideally, for better performance stonesense overlay should disable map rendering entirely when enabled.
Yeah, I can see a lot of potential for clashes there. 

Stonesense could stand to render a lot less than it currently does.  I did some quick calculations for the minimum screen-filling size, and it involves rendering at least double what it displays, and more for any non-square window.  That's probably even more than the 2D render underneath, without even considering players setting it way higher than they need to...
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #553 on: June 30, 2014, 11:00:51 pm »

Is there a plugin (or maybe I just missed some simple way to do that) to see what dwarves with particular labours are currently doing?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 30, 2014, 11:09:16 pm »

Not really. You just have to iterate through all the dwarves and filter out the ones you don't want. The only alternative is to keep track of what dwarves have what labors yourself and keep it updated often enough.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61