Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141684 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #525 on: June 25, 2014, 08:44:29 am »

A plugin or script that could maximise the DF window, or some other method of starting DF maximised.
Shouldn't that be a launcher feature? Like query window resolution, query tileset size and set WindowedX and WindowedY in the init accordingly?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 25, 2014, 09:40:35 am »

A window the size of the screen is different to a maximised window, and different again to fullscreen mode. On Windows at least my tests with cmd scripts seem to indicate that dfhack launches DF, which thus isn't amenable to the simple "start /max" idea directly. So I thought it might make sense to do it through dfhack.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 25, 2014, 04:23:05 pm »

A window the size of the screen is different to a maximised window, and different again to fullscreen mode. On Windows at least my tests with cmd scripts seem to indicate that dfhack launches DF, which thus isn't amenable to the simple "start /max" idea directly. So I thought it might make sense to do it through dfhack.
both on windows and linux df lauches dfhack. Not the other way around.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 28, 2014, 02:10:41 am »

I'm working on a UNIT_ATTACK event for lua. The idea is to make some sort of attack trigger script where you register weapons and/or materials of weapons or combinations and trigger scripts when a unit attacks someone with a particular type of weapon. What uses are there for this, if any?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #529 on: June 28, 2014, 02:22:54 am »

I'm working on a UNIT_ATTACK event for lua. The idea is to make some sort of attack trigger script where you register weapons and/or materials of weapons or combinations and trigger scripts when a unit attacks someone with a particular type of weapon. What uses are there for this, if any?
Spawn flows. Add syndromes. Temperature changes. That should give plenty of options. A firesword bursts a jet of fire when you strike, or a  ice sword causes frostbite. A mace might knock someone unconcious by adding dizziness. Simple things. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 28, 2014, 03:27:59 am »

It'd also be a way more elegant way to do stuff than ADD_SPATTERing everything.

e: hang on, does a projectile that misses and harmlessly hits the ground leave an exploitable mark you could hook effects to? That'd make explosive siege projectiles pretty great.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:39:02 am by scamtank »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 28, 2014, 03:36:17 am »

It's basically done. The only problem is that it doesn't distinguish between a dwarf holding a steel mace punching someone and a dwarf holding a steel mace actually hitting them with the mace. Hopefully that'll be close enough. It'll be in the next release.

https://github.com/expwnent/dfhack/blob/scriptOrganization/scripts/attackTrigger.lua
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:40:42 am by expwnent »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 28, 2014, 03:41:40 am »

e: hang on, does a projectile that misses and harmlessly hits the ground leave an exploitable mark you could hook effects to? That'd make explosive siege projectiles pretty great.

I think projectileExpansion does this.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #533 on: June 28, 2014, 03:58:23 am »

Yes it does. Explosive siege projectiles are already in Genesis and MDF.

Thanks expwnent, I will have a look at the ingame uses, once I find some time. ^^
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:57:21 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 28, 2014, 11:56:03 am »

Yeah, eventful has an onProjHitEvent or something along those lines.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 28, 2014, 01:55:41 pm »

It's basically done. The only problem is that it doesn't distinguish between a dwarf holding a steel mace punching someone and a dwarf holding a steel mace actually hitting them with the mace. Hopefully that'll be close enough. It'll be in the next release.

https://github.com/expwnent/dfhack/blob/scriptOrganization/scripts/attackTrigger.lua

I notice you are able to get both attacker and defender unit ids, can something similar be done for interactions?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 28, 2014, 07:18:54 pm »

I notice you are able to get both attacker and defender unit ids, can something similar be done for interactions?

You guys want everything. :P

I'll look into it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #537 on: June 28, 2014, 07:40:17 pm »

We really need a Modding Suggestion thread as well, so non-modders can make unreasonable demands of modders, just like you scripters/coders get. :P

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 28, 2014, 11:16:12 pm »

I'll look into it.

:) It's all I want for Christmas!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 29, 2014, 03:21:12 am »

It's only because we love you.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 61