Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141485 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #375 on: January 06, 2014, 11:09:12 pm »

thanks, I know browsing the dfhack gui I didn't see hard codes values for artifacts...

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 07, 2014, 02:34:56 pm »

How does this look?:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #377 on: January 07, 2014, 03:39:58 pm »

Is that an ingame UI for enabling and disabling scripts/plugins? (How many different things are you doing at the same time? ^^)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 07, 2014, 04:11:09 pm »

Is that an ingame UI for enabling and disabling scripts/plugins? (How many different things are you doing at the same time? ^^)
All of them. Biggest regret that i don't have time to find out how to fix the animal multiplication bug, then i could build my perfect adv-fort...
Anyway here is example mod definition:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:24:18 pm by Warmist »

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 07, 2014, 04:22:38 pm »

Hello! Ya'll are awesome! Love your work! Wish I knew more programming :P. And now for something completely different.

I searched for the following but I couldn't find it... I am looking for a plugin that would make an option for stockpiles to automatically designate items brought there for melting or dumping instead of the player having to do it manually. I am specifically interested in the melting aspect, but dumping would also be good.

I do use a plugin that auto designates all items in specified stockpiles for trade when a caravan comes, so I think it is doable. But I don't have enough programming experience to do it myself.

I know this would help me a ton for melting down goblinite or creating an infinite supply of steel bars and leggings (with the workflow plugin).  If there isn't one out there would it be simple to program? Is it a good idea and worth programming? What do you all think? Thanks in advance! I appreciate you all!

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 07, 2014, 05:29:27 pm »

Hello! Ya'll are awesome! Love your work! Wish I knew more programming :P. And now for something completely different.

I searched for the following but I couldn't find it... I am looking for a plugin that would make an option for stockpiles to automatically designate items brought there for melting or dumping instead of the player having to do it manually. I am specifically interested in the melting aspect, but dumping would also be good.

I do use a plugin that auto designates all items in specified stockpiles for trade when a caravan comes, so I think it is doable. But I don't have enough programming experience to do it myself.

I know this would help me a ton for melting down goblinite or creating an infinite supply of steel bars and leggings (with the workflow plugin).  If there isn't one out there would it be simple to program? Is it a good idea and worth programming? What do you all think? Thanks in advance! I appreciate you all!

I've already made an automelt plugin for stockpiles similar to my autotrade one. Just running it through some testing before publishing it. It's easy enough to make an auto dumping one too. Wasn't sure if people would need that option.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 07, 2014, 06:08:02 pm »

I've already made an automelt plugin for stockpiles similar to my autotrade one. Just running it through some testing before publishing it. It's easy enough to make an auto dumping one too. Wasn't sure if people would need that option.

I am your biggest fan!!! This is not the first time you have made my day. Thanks for all you do :)

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2014, 09:59:45 pm »

It's easy enough to make an auto dumping one too. Wasn't sure if people would need that option.
An autodump stockpile is something I'd like the option of having. It'd be a little like having a QSP, but with no dwarf-side setup and manual recovery of the "stockpiled" items.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 11, 2014, 03:23:06 pm »

is there any way to port the unit creation section of the arena into a dfhack module?  couldnt some code be injected using a dissassembler somehow?  that would be sweet if i could bring up the unit creation skill set as well as equipment sections of arena into a game to "test" my defenses.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #384 on: January 12, 2014, 02:27:32 am »

Just a question: Is there any way to start/force clouds/fogs/mists? I would really love to have a reaction that spawns evil weather, even if its not a evil region.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2014, 05:26:14 am »

Just a question: Is there any way to start/force clouds/fogs/mists? I would really love to have a reaction that spawns evil weather, even if its not a evil region.
Code: [Select]
dfhack.maps.spawnFlow(pos,type,mat_type,mat_index,dimension)
pos would be somewhat troubling. Not sure how the syndromes give it out.
Code: [Select]
one param: dfhack.maps.spawnFlow(xyz2pos(
then \LOCATION OR STH...
),type,mat_type,mat_index,dimension)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2014, 05:39:56 am »

He's talking about the types that creep across the map, the freaky weather.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2014, 05:57:24 am »

ah that i don't know.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2014, 07:42:09 am »

What about rain? Like "it rains dwarf blood", just with a custom material you can define?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2014, 02:45:46 pm »

I have an easy suggestion for a dfhack plugin.

set artifact flag to false for all artifacts
remove the artifact list from the ingame gui and hotkeys...

voila...

that's it.

I'd love such a plugin so I could trade my artifacts away without having to do it manually.  But... it is quite easy to do with dfhack.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 61