Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141464 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2014, 11:59:00 pm »

EDIT: Wrong place, sorry.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:07:36 am by Roses »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #391 on: January 14, 2014, 02:25:23 pm »

Extirpate turns all trees into ashes... would it be possible to change it to logs? A extirpate that goes by location, has a radius and turns all trees into fitting wood. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 14, 2014, 08:06:58 pm »

this may involve a trifecta of collaboration.

But using the database that jodgap made

and warmists script for creating units...

and the ability to create items via dfhack.  (I have the notes somewhere, Q was telling me how it can be done, it's kind of a pane, but if it were coded once then it wouldn't be a pain, the only knowledge that would be needed would be in game scanning of possible items, shouldn't be too hard (simply enumerate each array for items/names), but this would be crossing over into jodgap's database)

Couldn't an arena like query/script be made to ask a player what unit and what items he wants to give those units, etc be made...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 14, 2014, 08:12:32 pm »

The ability to create items via DFHack? You're in luck, dude, I've already done that!

It even has a GUI! You could very easily reappropriate that entire script into some other function that creates a unit and equips it by adding another list prompt using the item_inv mode enums and using dfhack.items.moveToInventory instead of moveToGround.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #394 on: January 14, 2014, 08:33:31 pm »

or run 'createitem' ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 15, 2014, 08:52:08 am »

I'm about to finish an interactive dwarf script for DFDB which can be equipped with database items.

If we find a way to connect DFHack with DFDB (FTP?) i can make a realtime interactive armory for military dwarves that could be used to gear dwarves in your game...

I had in mind something like that using an IRC bot so my viewers in twitch.tv can have realtime information about their dwarves and buy / choose items for them with points given to the viewers of the stream. Then command me orders or whishes ingame. Like if a Siege happens they could choose to attack or hide from it.

Is this remotely possible?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2014, 10:46:28 pm »

I just realized, skills would also need to be adjustable for the unit.  So another script for that...  but your hackwish is awesome!

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 09, 2014, 09:38:04 pm »

How about a script that allows mounts for dwarves (or in adventure mode)?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 09, 2014, 10:05:29 pm »

Mount.lua

and in case you really want it

unMount.lua

Severedicks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2014, 04:46:14 pm »

Is there some kind of plugin that adds natural disasters such as storms, tornadoes, eruptions, floods, cyclones and the like out there? Would appreciate.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #400 on: February 16, 2014, 08:16:29 pm »

Is there some kind of plugin that adds natural disasters such as storms, tornadoes, eruptions, floods, cyclones and the like out there? Would appreciate.
No, not yet. There is one that could simulate storms, and I added some weather effects to glaciers using regional interactions, but nothing really elaborate.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #401 on: February 21, 2014, 08:04:58 pm »

Been awhile since I last stopped by. How's the suggestion list going? Which ones have been made so far?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #402 on: February 24, 2014, 03:56:50 am »

How abou a split stack reaction?

If there were some way to copy all of an item's data, then just reduce the stack size... but I have no idea how to copy userdata.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 24, 2014, 06:24:48 am »

How abou a split stack reaction?

If there were some way to copy all of an item's data, then just reduce the stack size... but I have no idea how to copy userdata.
You are looking at it wrong. Userdata is an implementation detail (you should "not know about it"). Also if there is a way of copying items, first create new item, then do newItem:assign(oldItem), take care as this is not deep recursive (afaik) for you would need newItem:assign(utils.clone(oldItem,true)). Then set the correct item id etc, special references and so on. The big problem is that items are very varied and can be difficult to generalize (e.g. body parts have huge amount of stuff, for that reason the scripts for item creations to my knowledge don't implement body part creation) and it's hard to do the right thing for every item type. In special cases (that is useful cases, like arrows, coins, etc...) splitting might be easy, bones on other hand might not.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #404 on: February 24, 2014, 06:51:57 am »

So basically, I'd need to make a seperate deep copy script for each type of item.  Well forget that.  Making a reaction that simply respects the item or stack total volume would probably be welcomed though.  Then you could make a fake bone splitting reaction using a bone tool...

At least, once I work out how subtypes work.  I don't suppose there's a way of reading if an item has a subtype field, aside from giving it a list of item types that have subtypes?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 61