Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Cops and Robbers: Turn 17  (Read 30868 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Cops and Robbers: Turn 2
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2013, 11:16:39 pm »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, 11:18:45 pm »

Punch Katana guy in the throat or balls, whichever is easiest, then take his sword and slash him with it until he dies.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2013, 03:22:59 am »

Call the police to take this punk away.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 12:08:17 pm »

Look over the photos, try to identify any suspects.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Cops and Robbers Turn 3
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2013, 09:13:59 pm »

Turn 3:
In which almost everyone rolls sixes or threes
Time: Monday, 2013
Place: Generic, New Jersey

Crimes Reported:
Friday-Bryson Grocery Store Robbery
Saturday- Arthur Guy’s house is vandalized
Sunday- Liberty Bank robbed
Monday- Shootout between Namers and Lunatics

Police Officers:

Javier:
Look for any last minute physical evidence
Then talk to owner/witnesses/victims for more information
Review security tapes

(4) Remembering to dust for fingerprints, you find some prints on the wall next to the safe hinges. You lift them off for analysis back at the lab.
(4) The bank workers can’t tell you much except that the bank closed on the weekend and when they got back the safe door and the money was gone.
(3) The security cameras show 5 men breaking into the bank, but it isn’t very clear and the robbers broke the cameras.

Currently: Investigating a robbery. (Current Suspect List: Bob, Sammy, and Alfred)
Current Orders: Find Liberty Bank robbers
0 Arrests
$130 money
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Trip Hazard:
Look over the photos, try to identify any suspects.
(3) Like the woman said, most of the photos are dark, and some are of a small party. However you find 2 images that might be helpful. You ask the lady if you can take them, and then pocket them. You also remember to ask the lady her name. “It’s Clair Stephens.”

Currently: Interviewing witness Clair Stephens
Current Orders: Investigate Lead on Vandalism case
0 arrests
$130 Money

Ben Icerink:
Call the police to take this punk away.
One phone call to the police later, and they are on their way. It occurs to you that handcuffing the man would be a good idea. (Arrest is handcuffing the guy)

Currently: Pointing gun at assailant. Police on their way.
0 arrests
$130 Money

Take a quick look around the exterior of the Grocery. If you don't find anything that seems important, head inside and find the note.

(3) You spot a small gem wedged in a crack. Putting on rubber gloves you pick it up and deposit in an evidence bag for analysis. Heading inside you spot a note held in place to a wall by a wicked looking knife. Scrawled in red on the note is the sentence “Put money in the stump by Wednesday or there will be worse.

Current Orders: Investigate Note found at Bryson
$120 Money
0 Arrests

Robbers:
Go to a bank.  Scout out its security measures.  Don't give self away. 
(6+1) You go to the nearest bank (New Jersey State Bank) and find no one except the bank teller. By chance you find a bunch of security schematics for the building and now know that the banks security systems are awful and most cameras are broken and are just kept to scare off burglars. However, this bank might not have a ton of money.

Currently: Examining Security schematics.
$85/5000

Bob the burglar:
Yay free gun and crowbar
holster my gun and tell my fellow lunatics to move the loot before the cops get here, then drag the namer into a back room and rummage through his pockets
You holster your gun then give back the loot. (6) You order the Lunatics to move the money away, which they do, but leave your cut, $200 with you. (6) Taking the namer back to the back room you start rummaging through his pockets and find about $250 in cash in his wallet. You also find a map to the Lunatic headquarters and realize that someone is leaking information to the Namers. The Police Sirens sound like they are 4 turns away.

Currently: Stealing from another street gang
Current Orders: None
$550/5000

Jimmy the Snitch:
(3) “I don’t know if we have any hoodies, we don’t usually go in for that sort of thing.” After going to check the man returns. “Here you go. I only found one hoodie.” It’s a little old and kind of torn in places. You also get a Molotov cocktail and a baseball bat.

Current Orders: Rob Chinese Palace
Currently: Getting Items from storage.
$100/5000

Marcus “Tiger” Mau:
Punch Katana guy in the throat or balls, whichever is easiest, then take his sword and slash him with it until he dies.
(6+1) You one two the katana in the throat and the balls, then grab his sword and decapitate him. (1) The Yakuza with the shruikens and the waiter turn towards you. The waiter prepares to shoot you (1) but drops his gun on his foot. (5 vs. 1+1) The other Yakuza throws a shruiken at you, which hits you in the shoulder, knocking you down. It appears you are out of the fight for now. (1) The tough who was stabbed in the chest dies. (3 vs. 4) the shruiken wielder narrowly dodges a tough’s baseball bat. (2 vs. 6) the waiter picks his gun up off the ground, ignoring another tough’s feeble attempt to attack him.

Current Orders: Kill Yakuza members
Currently: Injured in the shoulder. Two toughs dead, Two Yakuza dead. 2 Toughs vs. 2 Yakuza
$100/5000

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cops and Robbers: Turn 3
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2013, 09:26:52 pm »

I rolled a 4...... Twice.....z

Javier will phone into the lab, then head their to turn in the evidence
When done, acquire last known address to all three suspects, and go to Bob's Last known address
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:29:30 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2013, 09:31:05 pm »

Meh, good enough.

Go to the Chinese Palace in the hoodie, with some moltovs and the bat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2013, 09:43:49 pm »

Transcribe the message on the note into my journal. Look more closely at the gem and try to judge its worth if I were to sell it through dishonest means. Ponder whether or not Jake might have had any opportunity or motive to knock off the Grocery as I look around at the place to see what has been damaged or stolen, if anything. Approach the owner and start talking to him in order to see if he recognises me as a cop straight off.

You closed?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:50:20 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2013, 10:00:41 pm »

Trip nodded and looked at Clair. Yeah, she was attractive enough. But business was business and he probably should at least give it a week before he got suspended again.

"So, Miss Steve... What were you doing at this party?"

Attempt to balance trying to gather information about the case with trying to figure out if she's single or not.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2013, 10:20:57 pm »

Drop Katana for now. If the shuriken has hit me in just bone or muscle, and not any veins, arteries, or anything else containing a lot of blood, remove the shuriken and throw it back at the guy who originally tossed it at me. Then keep throwing random plates and bottles at them if there are any around me.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2013, 10:47:11 pm »

Concealing my face, talk to bank teller, and hold him at knife point.  Get him to give me the money, quickly and quietly.  Have him tell me his home address, in case he tricks me. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2013, 03:56:39 am »

Handcuff the punk.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2013, 08:06:44 pm »

Waiting on Unholy Pariah.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2013, 10:33:22 pm »

Shit sorry, my phone didnt save the message

Anyways
loot the remaining corpses then take my evidence to gang leader, also buy some gloves
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:36:45 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Cops and Robbers Turn 4
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2013, 11:43:25 am »

Turn 4:
In which Robbers get lucky
Time: Monday, 2013
Place: Generic, New Jersey

Crimes Reported:
Friday-Bryson Grocery Store Robbery
Saturday- Arthur Guy’s house is vandalized
Sunday- Liberty Bank robbed
Monday- Shootout between Namers and Lunatics

Police Officers:

Javier:
I rolled a 4...... Twice.....z

Javier will phone into the lab, then head their to turn in the evidence
When done, acquire last known address to all three suspects, and go to Bob's Last known address

“Hey crime lab I have some evidence for you.” You head back to drop off the fingerprint samples and the security tapes then (Obligation Roll: 2) you decide its time for you lunch break.

Currently: On lunch break (Current Suspect List: Bob, Sammy, and Alfred)
Current Orders: Find Liberty Bank robbers
0 Arrests
$140 money

Trip Hazard:
Trip nodded and looked at Clair. Yeah, she was attractive enough. But business was business and he probably should at least give it a week before he got suspended again.

"So, Miss Steve... What were you doing at this party?"

Attempt to balance trying to gather information about the case with trying to figure out if she's single or not.
(5) “ Call me Clair. And what’s your name?”
“It’s Trip Hazard.”
“Nice name. My boyfriend dumped me, so my friends threw me a party to console me.”

Currently: Interviewing witness Clair Stephens
Current Orders: Investigate Lead on Vandalism case
0 arrests
$140 Money

Ben Icerink:
Handcuff the punk.
(6) Punk is handcuffed. Police arrive, and take him away. You have made one arrest. Starting next turn a die will be rolled, and if it hits a 6 you will be promoted. Another arrest could increase your chance of promotion. (obligation Roll: 5) When you walk into the bank after the police have left you see an armed man pointing his gun at the teller. It would seem that the guy you arrested wasn't working alone.

Currently: Walking in on an armed robbery.
1 arrests
$140 Money

Logan Kane:
Transcribe the message on the note into my journal. Look more closely at the gem and try to judge its worth if I were to sell it through dishonest means. Ponder whether or not Jake might have had any opportunity or motive to knock off the Grocery as I look around at the place to see what has been damaged or stolen, if anything. Approach the owner and start talking to him in order to see if he recognises me as a cop straight off.

You closed?
(2) The gem has made in China stamped on it and is plastic.  That means it isn’t very valuable. (4) "Yeah we are closed. We got robbed last Friday, and then we found some note. There's so much extortion going on around this city. Wait a minute, your the Detective they sent to take over questioning aren't you."

Current Orders: Investigate Note found at Bryson
$130 Money
0 Arrests

Robbers:
Concealing my face, talk to bank teller, and hold him at knife point.  Get him to give me the money, quickly and quietly.  Have him tell me his home address, in case he tricks me. 
(4) “Give me your money, now”
The bank teller nods, staring nervously at your knife, before giving you all of the money behind the desk ($700). He also tells you his home address, but you have no idea if that’s his real one or not. (6) Thankfully for you, no one walks in. That is lucky.

Currently: Robbing Bank
$785/5000

Bob the burglar:
Shit sorry, my phone didnt save the message

Anyways
loot the remaining corpses then take my evidence to gang leader, also buy some gloves
You realize that they’re aren’t any other dead corpses, then take the evidence to your boss. (5) “We have a spy in our midst? I want you to take 9 Lunatics and go kill and capture some Namers so they can tell us who the spy is. You buy a $6 pair of gloves. Police are 3 turns away from the crime scene.

Currently: Buying gloves
Current Orders: Find the spy
$544/5000

Jimmy the Snitch:
Meh, good enough.

Go to the Chinese Palace in the hoodie, with some moltovs and the bat.
(1) You walk towards the Chinese Palace when you bump into a bunch of Toughs going the same way (6) “Hey you, did the boss send you to kill some Yakuza too? Looks like you are lost, come on, we are going to take them down for killing Little Joe. The haven't seen through your disguise, but you might want to get out of there soon.

Current Orders: Rob Chinese Palace
Currently: pretending to be a Tough
$100/5000

Marcus “Tiger” Mau:
Drop Katana for now. If the shuriken has hit me in just bone or muscle, and not any veins, arteries, or anything else containing a lot of blood, remove the shuriken and throw it back at the guy who originally tossed it at me. Then keep throwing random plates and bottles at them if there are any around me.
(2) You decide to not pull the shruiken out as you think it hit you in a vein.
(1 vs. 2) The waiter drops his gun on his foot AGAIN. The tough attacking doesn’t really do anything against him. (1 vs. 3) The shruiken thrower also drops a shruiken and impales his foot to the floor. Ouch. A baseball bat from a tough also hits him in the chest. (5) You chuck a bottle on the floor at him, and it knocks him down. (4) Meanwhile the tough attacking the waiter kicks the waiter in the groin.

Current Orders: Kill Yakuza members
Currently: Injured in the shoulder. Two toughs dead, Two Yakuza dead, one injured. 2 Toughs vs. 2 Yakuza (both disadvantaged -1 next turn)
$100/5000

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16