Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Cops and Robbers: Turn 17  (Read 30823 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Cops and Robbers: Turn 1
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 07:52:28 pm »

Never mind. Just walk in casually and buy a sheath knife. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 08:03:02 pm »

grab fire extinguisher and spray at base of flame whilst doin mystical anti fire dance, then hide the loot and perform first aide on my collegues.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 08:04:58 pm »

Remember and locate ways to identify self as a Tough. Check prices and how carefully they're being guarded.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 08:07:27 pm »

Remember and locate ways to identify self as a Tough. Check prices and how carefully they're being guarded.
What's guarded, the Chinese Palace?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 10:53:02 pm »

Head to my office and get my coat and piece, then step outside and find my car. Light a cigarette before heading on over to the scene of the crime. Puff on it thoughtfully and watch the world go by. Once you get there greet any beat cops that might be holding down the scene and then take a look around exterior of the Grocery. If you don't find anything that seems important, head inside and check the joint out.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:58:44 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2013, 11:13:15 pm »

What's guarded, the Chinese Palace?
No, the items which would identify me as a Tough. If the price is too high, I might try a Five-Finger Discount.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2013, 03:30:49 am »

Grab my gun with my left hand and shoot my assailant(aim for center of mass)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2013, 10:03:15 am »

Trip nodded.

"Yeah, I wanna come in."

This was good. This was real good. This was a definite improvement over what he was imagining this stage of the investigation to be like. He stepped inside, but remained on his guard: just cos she was a lady didn't mean she wasn't going to try and hurt him. They kept saying he should stop thinking that witnesses are suspects, but in his experience the two were one and the same.

Remain on guard, ask questions about what she saw. Make sure to note inconsistencies.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Cops and Robbers Turn 2
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2013, 06:49:40 pm »

Turn 2:
In which Bob does stupid stuff.
Time: Monday, 2013
Place: Generic, New Jersey

Crimes Reported:
Friday-Bryson Grocery Store Robbery
Saturday- Arthur Guy’s house is vandalized
Sunday- Liberty Bank robbed
Monday- Shootout between Namers and Lunatics

Police Officers:

Javier:
Use pro deducement skills to determine how the safe door was removed, look for any metal shavings or gunpowder residue
(3+1) You see that the safe door was blown using small charges on the hinges. You know that several criminals use this modus operandi. There is Bob the burglar, Sammy the safecracker, and Alfred the Alliterative.

Currently: Investigating a robbery. (Current Suspect List: Bob, Sammy, and Alfred)
Current Orders: Find Liberty Bank robbers
0 Arrests
$120 money
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Trip Hazard:
Trip nodded.

"Yeah, I wanna come in."

This was good. This was real good. This was a definite improvement over what he was imagining this stage of the investigation to be like. He stepped inside, but remained on his guard: just cos she was a lady didn't mean she wasn't going to try and hurt him. They kept saying he should stop thinking that witnesses are suspects, but in his experience the two were one and the same.

Remain on guard, ask questions about what she saw. Make sure to note inconsistencies.

You walk inside and start asking questions. (2+1) “You said you spotted the vandalism of Arthur Rich Guy’s house Saturday night?”
“Yes I did.”
“Can you describe who did it?”
“Well I saw a couple of people with spray cans and stuff head toward the house. A couple of minutes later I heard a smash but thought it wasn’t anything.”
“Can you describe the people?”
“It was dark and I was slightly drunk, but I was taking pictures. Do you want to see them?”

Currently: Interviewing witness
Current Orders: Investigate Lead on Vandalism case
0 arrests
$120 Money

Ben Icerink:
Grab my gun with my left hand and shoot my assailant(aim for center of mass)
(4-1) You draw your gun and fire at the assailant, barely missing him. (5) The assailant gives up and surrenders. (5+1) You look around, but there isn’t anyone else around. Looks like you got lucky. All you have to do is handcuff and arrest this punk.

Currently: Pointing gun at assailant
0 arrests
$120 Money

Head to my office and get my coat and piece, then step outside and find my car. Light a cigarette before heading on over to the scene of the crime. Puff on it thoughtfully and watch the world go by. Once you get there greet any beat cops that might be holding down the scene and then take a look around exterior of the Grocery. If you don't find anything that seems important, head inside and check the joint out.
(5) You head to Bryson Grocery Store, where there's one cop who is waiting for you. "Hey Jake!" You say, "I thought you were on your way to that shoot-out."
"I am" Jake replies, "but I thought you should know what happened first. Bryson was robbed two days ago, and this morning the grocer found a note pinned by a knife to the wall sayiing that he better pay up or worse will happen to him. Now I have to run." You wave at Jake as he gets into his car and heads off.

Current Orders: Investigate Note found at Bryson
$110 Money
0 Arrests

Robbers:
Never mind. Just walk in casually and buy a sheath knife. 
You buy a sheath knife for $15 bucks. Now what?

Currently: Buying a knife.
$85/5000

Bob the burglar:
grab fire extinguisher and spray at base of flame whilst doin mystical anti fire dance, then hide the loot and perform first aide on my collegues.
(1) Somehow you make the fire get worse. (3) You stuff a little loot into your pockets as others try to put out the fire. (+$300) (6) Several other Lunatics put out the fire then chastise you for grabbing the loot. (1) Seeing a pretty badly injured Lunatic, you grab a gun and shoot him, reasoning that he couldn’t recover. You have angered a couple of his friends. In the distance you hear sirens, and they sound like they are (5) turns away. There’s still the unconscious Namer you brained with a crowbar.

Currently: Looting, making fires worse and mercy-killing gang members
Current Orders: None
$400/5000

Jimmy the Snitch:
(4) Saying stuff like “Tough life is thug life” and using mostly melee weapons, fists, and Molotov cocktails in hoodies is what the Toughs usually do. You can get some baseballs bats and some Molotov Cocktails from storage, and hoodies only cost about $24.

Current Orders: Rob Chinese Palace
Currently: Investigating The Tough's M. O.
$100/5000

Marcus “Tiger” Mau:
Punch the guy with the Katana until he dies, then grab his weapon and go after any other living Yakuza with the Katana and Brass Knuckles combo. If we kill them all, loot the bodies, smash a few more things and get out of there.
(3+1 vs. 6) you attack the Katana guy who easily blocks you attack, then (5 vs. 3+1) swings at you. You block, but the fighting appears to have damaged your brass knuckles a little. The Molotov cocktail thrower pulls out a gun and (3) shoots but misses the waiter with the gun. The waiter (6) shoots the Molotov thrower in the head, causing several Molotov cocktails to fall to the floor.  (1 vs. 2) Another tough trips, but the man with the shruikens does nothing. The third Yakuza charges the last tough, (1 vs. 6) only for the tough to snap his neck.

Current Orders: Kill Yakuza members
Currently: Fighting Katana guy. Molotov Cocktail thrower dead, One Yakuza dead.
$100/5000

Spoiler: Extra Equipment (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cops and Robbers: Turn 2
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2013, 06:57:32 pm »

You've really screwed up this time, Bob...

Inquire about obtaining hoodies from storage as well. If not, steal hoodie quietly.
Sig

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »

Go to a bank.  Scout out its security measures.  Don't give self away. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2013, 07:13:23 pm »

Look for any last minute physical evidence
Then talk to owner/witnesses/victims for more information
Review security tapes

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2013, 07:14:05 pm »

Yay free gun and crowbar
holster my gun and tell my fellow lunatics to move the loot before the cops get here, then drag the namer into a back room and rummage through his pockets
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:10:03 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Cops and Robbers Turn 2
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2013, 11:07:17 pm »

Take a quick look around the exterior of the Grocery. If you don't find anything that seems important, head inside and find the note.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16