Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 818466 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3825 on: March 02, 2015, 12:10:00 pm »

Midway through summer now and I have a question: Why isn't the BATTERY producing power/How do I activate the BATTERY? I need to get the milling started.

Also, does liquid escape through corners?
Water can escape through diagonals, yes.
:| This is very bad. It means I'm going to have to reengineer some of the ducts on my megaproject to correct for sloppiness. At this rate though, the fort is more likely to be powered by wind than water though, just so you guys know. ( The BATTERY, with all its connected appliances requires a whopping 1950 power, one set of the pumps, manually operated ( because someone fudged up the connections in the mechanisms that are supposed to power them anyway, which I have partially corrected ) only produces roundabout 500 power. ) As it is, the single functioning windmill produces only 40 power, so guess what fort is about to have a high z-level windfarm? ( Made nice and convenient due to the horizontal nature of windmills and the fact that being on the top z-level will provide virtually no obstruction to normal functions of the fortress. ) As a hint to what the mega-project is, it requires an obscene amount of flowing water ( and thus pumps and power ) but will also provide a lot of power and prevent a lot of tantrums. Not to mention looking really damn awesome. :) ( I encourage you all to use DFHack's clean and autodump destroy commands to keep the framerate at an operable level. ) I'd like to go ahead and sign up for another turn, because I'll be lucky to get the Windfarm and BATTERY functioning in this term, much less the entire megaproject. In the meantime, suggestions for powering our artifact millstone to grind dimple cups into midnight blue dye to use to dye tunics and make uniforms for our Peacekeeper squad are welcome. ( It might seem obsessive, but I will make it happen before I allow this fort to die. I will save-scum and necro this thread a hundred times if need-be, but I will have a uniformed police squad and a giant, unnecessary contraption up and running forever on its own power without any need for Dwarven intervention. )

Other projects I have slated are: Starting a vampire farm/prison, starting a self-sufficient colony in the unused corners that will not be affected by whatever befalls the rest of the fort, and creating a safety room to eventually stash my backup incarnation in permanently as an immortal... I will just have to find a way to become immortal without resorting to vampirism. Also, since I'm making a windmill farm anyway and it'll probably be supported by skyhooks, I plan to make a skyfort. And, for the hell of it, I'd like to have a giant unnecessary sigil imprinted on MurderMachines via pointless construction, and am taking votes for what that should be now.

Anyone who wants to volunteer for any of these projects or add in their own list of Stupid Dwarf Tricks they'd like to do, please speak up now. ( I don't know how we managed to turn a fort full of effective death gods into an Elysium for doing Stupid Dwarf Tricks, but really... Congratulations to all of you who brought a fort all the way from Saint's obsession with Dwarven rum to my own obsessions with pointless construction. Each and everyone of you is some kind of genius and you need to make yourselves "MurderMachines" commemorative badges and proudly state to people who have no idea what you're talking about: "That's right. I was there. We made it happen. WE ARE DWARF FORTRESS MASTERS AND WE ARE PROUD! (Anyone who actually does this and posts a video recording of this will receive some kind of special reward from me. ))
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:12:10 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: March 02, 2015, 04:17:39 pm »

I vote a guitar with the Deathgate I symbol as the bottom part (it's really embarrassing that I can't remember the name) as the Murdermachines Sigil.

Also, if you want your backup incarnation to be immortal, weresyndromes make you immune to aging.

I'm half-debating signing up for this, too, to make a giant waterslide transport system/defense, but it's going to be a while before I have a chance to participate.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: March 02, 2015, 08:41:04 pm »

I vote a guitar with the Deathgate I symbol as the bottom part (it's really embarrassing that I can't remember the name) as the Murdermachines Sigil.

Also, if you want your backup incarnation to be immortal, weresyndromes make you immune to aging.

I'm half-debating signing up for this, too, to make a giant waterslide transport system/defense, but it's going to be a while before I have a chance to participate.
Hmm. Sounds pretty nice, my idea was an ampersand, but the guitar is probably better.

Okay, and how do I do that?

:P Sounds Dwarfy!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: March 03, 2015, 12:18:17 am »

I support Ampersands.  8)
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: March 03, 2015, 10:43:31 am »

Alternatively, an egg...roast.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:45:54 am by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: March 03, 2015, 02:17:39 pm »

With a gecko's severed head on it?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: March 03, 2015, 02:26:55 pm »

With a gecko's severed head on it?
Yeah... See, I don't know that I can effectively render that in ASCII. I'm sure it can be done, but you'll have to hire some pretty talented ASCII artist to do it.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: March 03, 2015, 09:19:09 pm »

True, true. Well, I leave ASCII to those with knowledge of it.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: March 05, 2015, 07:26:30 pm »

If I can, I mean to complete the term tonight. Wish me well in this endeavour.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: March 05, 2015, 11:55:21 pm »

Good luck, similar stuff, don't suck!
Muh FG--OOC Thread

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: March 06, 2015, 03:25:16 pm »

AGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!

Apparently I've lost my progress for the entire Summer and Autumn seasons! D:<
-___- This really doesn't even come as a surprise. Oh well, summer passed uneventfully enough the first time, it'll probably do the same the second time. Still... All the progress.

You guys aren't holding me to a time limit, are you?.

EDIT: On the upside, this time I'll be able to get screen-captures, a better artifact from the moody dwarf, and still complete the LEGENDARY millstone in the same time frame as before. And with this foresight, I don't even have to retest the BATTERY, I can just get straight to work on the wind-farm. ( And I won't connect the millstone to the BATTERY just yet either, that way I can actually get the dimple-cup grinding underway.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:29:05 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: March 07, 2015, 02:38:31 pm »

There is... Definitely not a time limit. Even if a DG3 shows up, we're hardly gonna stop you messing around here.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: March 08, 2015, 12:05:48 am »

There is... Definitely not a time limit. Even if a DG3 shows up, we're hardly gonna stop you messing around here.
Yeah, I know. There was another guy who had next dibs though. XD Good to know though. :)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: March 08, 2015, 08:44:05 am »

I want the save after my turn at Slaughterhelm is over.

So are we going to start it or not? I have all my mods ready, does anyone else have something they want to include?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: March 08, 2015, 03:55:18 pm »

The fact that Slaughterheim is spelled with an "I", not and "L"? ...Totally not OCD.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 272