Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Genesis vs Masterwork for Adventure Mod?  (Read 2165 times)

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
Genesis vs Masterwork for Adventure Mod?
« on: January 03, 2013, 03:11:58 pm »

I need help picking which one.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis vs Masterwork for Adventure Mod?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:13:14 pm »

I use masterwork myself. Nothing better then shooting the buttocks off of kobolds.
Unf.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 03:15:59 pm »

Thanks for the reply but I didn't ask which one you used.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 03:18:07 pm »

Whao, man, tone it down. He was saying that he RECOMMENDED it to you.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 03:34:12 pm »

Saying I use one implies that I enjoy it more then the other, which further implies that I in fact, recommend it to you.
Unf.

Hellcommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 04:30:53 pm »

I like playing Genesis modded to work with the Grim series of mods, some parts of wanderer adventure mod, and my blowgunmod and Scorpius race mod that I've been tweaking for a while.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 05:15:12 pm »

I like playing Genesis modded to work with the Grim series of mods, some parts of wanderer adventure mod, and my blowgunmod and Scorpius race mod that I've been tweaking for a while.

I think wanderer is actually part of masterwork by default, although I could be wrong. There certainly is a text containing adventure reactions called wanderer in it though.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 12:40:57 am »

Masterwork is kind of fucked up for adventuring, but yet it's the only one that I really like for some reason.

oh_no

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 10:47:58 pm »

I don't use either. I actually don't use mods at all, but I have been known to add random things to my raw files. Like stones that, when dug, vaporise and turn nearby creatures into enraged dragons. I also changed the weapon raws around so I could get regular daggers, not just large ones. I added holistic spawn (OK, I used Mr Frog's raws for those), boozebears, possessed socks and magmacarp.

My raws are awesome. I have a lot of fun with them not because they're good, or because I made them, but because I can't even remember everything I've added. I'm always discovering new things! It's fantastic.

Mods like Masterwork or Wanderer's Friend are cool, but I don't like them because they're too predictable. I have an adventurer mode reaction that was supposed to make a leather whip but instead spews out a randomly selected leather weapon. It's unpredictable, and I love it, and no-one here gives a crap so why am I even posting?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 08:01:56 am »

Just living up to your screen name! :D

Sounds pretty awesome. You definitely need a civilization of flying, fire-breathing socks with questionable ethics, though!

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 06:01:14 pm »

Sounds pretty awesome. You definitely need a civilization of flying, fire-breathing socks with questionable ethics, though!
Yup, I imagined a steampunk-like dwarf engineer that's also a fortress leader, writing down in his journal while some "things" are banging on the doors:
"I made some stuff, it's flying around the place. I don't remember what exactly did I ceare, but I know for sure that some of it is trying to kill me, or eat my entire spruce barrel supply. Either or both of these two."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:04:54 pm by Miko19 »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 04:31:13 am »

Brilliant idea! I'm working on that now.
And feel free to tell me about any other random ideas you have.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 08:38:13 am »

Saying I use one implies that I enjoy it more then the other, which further implies that I in fact, recommend it to you.

What? I thought you were supposed to play whatever you liked the least and wouldn't want anyone else to play and would never recommend to anyone. Guess I can stop playing DF now, right?

I think wanderer is actually part of masterwork by default, although I could be wrong. There certainly is a text containing adventure reactions called wanderer in it though.

note me down as too lazy to look it up myself, but is this true?

Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 07:10:54 pm »

I don't use either. I actually don't use mods at all, but I have been known to add random things to my raw files. Like stones that, when dug, vaporise and turn nearby creatures into enraged dragons. I also changed the weapon raws around so I could get regular daggers, not just large ones. I added holistic spawn (OK, I used Mr Frog's raws for those), boozebears, possessed socks and magmacarp.

My raws are awesome. I have a lot of fun with them not because they're good, or because I made them, but because I can't even remember everything I've added. I'm always discovering new things! It's fantastic.

Mods like Masterwork or Wanderer's Friend are cool, but I don't like them because they're too predictable. I have an adventurer mode reaction that was supposed to make a leather whip but instead spews out a randomly selected leather weapon. It's unpredictable, and I love it, and no-one here gives a crap so why am I even posting?
Do not be negative, i support your point of view !
I do not like/use those big mods neither not because of anything an particulary but they add too much things for me wich ones i would have done differently ... so it is smal mods (by me or others sligthly modifyed) for me too ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 07:24:22 pm »

Both had their problems last time I checked, too many towns with no speaking folk are boring.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: [1] 2