Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220706 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1425 on: January 21, 2013, 10:10:00 pm »

I agree with the Live longer and breed faster but the reason humans are so successful is the fact we're childern long enough to learn not to do certain things like lets say poke a sleeping dragon.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 21, 2013, 10:15:08 pm »

Okay, while we're at it, let's just make them learn faster as well.

Although changes like this may take a couple turns.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 21, 2013, 10:21:55 pm »

Give them an advanced, semi-magic metabolism so they don't need to sleep until they turn 15. Then they fall asleep for a day, and then awake a regular adult, doing regular things with regular speed.

They actually end up being children longer that way, at least as far as being awake goes.

I'm not a big fan of this plan though. If we get a bad roll and fuck up even minorly... It's our head.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 21, 2013, 10:23:29 pm »

Give them an advanced, semi-magic metabolism so they don't need to sleep until they turn 15. Then they fall asleep for a day, and then awake a regular adult, doing regular things with regular speed.

They actually end up being children longer that way, at least as far as being awake goes.

I'm not a big fan of this plan though. If we get a bad roll and fuck up even minorly... It's our head.
Good thing the mortals can't hurt us.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 21, 2013, 10:23:59 pm »

Start with modifying just 2-4 people.  If we fuck up, not the end of the world.  If it works out, then they'll be breeding fast like our stems so we won't necessarily need to make more by direct methods.
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 21, 2013, 10:27:44 pm »

All in favour of trying to make our stems a full blow race, say aye.
Nay.
Make a Stem-like race which is a full race but is visually distinct from our Stems. That way, not only can our villagers tell them apart, other gods won't think we're invading if some emmigrate.

Also anyone in favor of genetically modifying our human followers to breed faster, grow into adulthood faster but also live an overall longer life?
Aye if we use volunteers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 21, 2013, 10:30:17 pm »

Nay.
Make a Stem-like race which is a full race but is visually distinct from our Stems. That way, not only can our villagers tell them apart, other gods won't think we're invading if some emmigrate.

Also anyone in favor of genetically modifying our human followers to breed faster, grow into adulthood faster but also live an overall longer life?

+1; Let's just do one or the other.  Both seems redundant to me, although to be honest I'm not sure which I'd prefer which is sort of the problem.  Would sentient plant followers make humans obsolete?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:31:58 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:25 pm »

Nay.

+1; Let's just do one or the other.  Both seems redundant to me, although to be honest I'm not sure which I'd prefer which is sort of the problem.  Would sentient plant followers make humans obsolete?
Not necessarily, since they both fill different ecological niches.  Not to mention the fact that we live in a world where scores of gods live side by side with humans, elves, orcs, dwarves, things we may have yet to find, and whatever the fuck it is the gods have been making.

I think it's important to upgrade the humans if we also give the stems full race-dom so that they don't feel obsolete and like their the least favorite child.  Not to mention that humans will likely make much better diplomats and envoys than the stems, at least in the short to mid term, since the stems are so radically different from all other sentient life on the continent.  There could be more we haven't seen, but in the immediate area is the most pressing concern right now.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 21, 2013, 10:38:16 pm »

Fuck everything, KILL EVERYONE. LIGHT THE BODIES ON FIRE. BUILD GIANT CATAPULT. FLING FLAMING PILE OF BODIES TO THE EoT's CAPITAL.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 21, 2013, 10:46:12 pm »

Can we don't make huge projects at least until the end of the feast? Or better until the fortress is online. Or, at least, discuss them in the OOC made  for that?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 21, 2013, 10:49:07 pm »

I suggest that we also look into information on how souls, worshipers, and such work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 21, 2013, 10:53:40 pm »

I suggest that we also look into information on how souls, worshipers, and such work.
Ask our new best friend.  She is a goddess of knowledge.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 21, 2013, 10:55:12 pm »

My suggestion for this turn ( assuming that Corruptor aren't writing it already)

a) visit the afterlife, look for unusual souls among that 137
b) Upgrade Tibeius with a single manarack nugget (we have 15!)
c) Grant some people farming boon (I prefer 10), make them prepare food for the feast and for the caravan
d) reject the offer of the goddess, or agree if we will retain the right to sell products from the fire nectar and process it

And that's all, next update will be the trading one, one next is the ournament one.. then we may consider new Megaprojects
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 21, 2013, 11:00:51 pm »

My suggestion for this turn ( assuming that Corruptor aren't writing it already)
My critiques on your suggestions:

a) visit the afterlife, look for unusual souls among that 137
b) Upgrade Tibeius with a single manarack nugget (we have 15!)
No objections here. Is it just me or are we seeing eye-to-eye more?

c) Grant some people farming boon (I prefer 10), make them prepare food for the feast and for the caravan
Maybe 5, since tons of people are against it. More of a compromise.

d) reject the offer of the goddess, or agree if we will retain the right to sell products from the fire nectar and process it [/b]
I'd rather do the second. We're definitely taking some form of the deal; periodic favors PLUS firenector sales? But yeah, the right to process firenector and sell the products would be good. (Bring up Uristiel and say we've promised to sell him some flamerum.)

And that's all, next update will be the trading one, one next is the ournament one.. then we may consider new Megaprojects
Then let's also do things that don't cost mana, like asking Serena what she knows and is willing to shares about the nature of souls.
Sig

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 21, 2013, 11:17:02 pm »

Then let's also do things that don't cost mana, like asking Serena what she knows and is willing to shares about the nature of souls.
That might actually be a good topic for our date. A goddess of knowledge would appreciate someone trying to learn, and if we can converse with her on her level she'll eat out of the palm of our hand. It sucks being smarter than everyone when you want to talk.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 130