Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220703 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1410 on: January 21, 2013, 07:34:42 pm »

Perhaps in flat mines that can be buried underground, and will explode when stepped on.
Hell no. Infantry mines are a huge problem of the modern world. remote controlled, high powered - yep, that will work without serious problems
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 21, 2013, 07:36:02 pm »

Perhaps in flat mines that can be buried underground, and will explode when stepped on.
Hell no. Infantry mines are a huge problem of the modern world. remote controlled, high powered - yep, that will work without serious problems
thats why we t some biological mines, which explode whenever enemies are detected!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: January 21, 2013, 07:48:03 pm »

And they do their job very well, we just need to keep accurate records of where the minefields are.  And we're a god, we can clean them up easily.
EDIT: Not to mention the fact that we can tell anyone we want where the mines are so they don't go in there.

As I said, we don't use humans at all... That's what I dislike. Because Justicars will rape that manaless, soulless troops with their boons. Only Tiberius, Laksus and dragons stand a chance

Stems and saps can replace humans in all tasks... As well as other creations....

84 mana to grant every worshiper a minor boon. equals to only  26% of our current mana income. We can afford that

20 Mana to make ten superfarmers ( freeing all other population from agriculture forever. Making them able to do other jobs) equals to 6% of our daily mana income. And still, you guys are way to greedy and can't spare that.

I will support giving our men more power, and granting them more importance in construction\army\industry\support because else humans will become clearly inferior to our creations. I don't want society like that

And death of the worshiper is not an end of the world, it's a one time mana boost + 1 soul in the afterlife

but only when we have 500 worshippers.
To have skilled booners later we need to create them now
Our stems/saps are meant to be our version of the orcs/humans/elves/dwarves.  We have an army of them, there is a limited number of justicars, since they have armies in the millions, they cannot possibly afford to make each on a justicar, just like how medival armies weren't composed entirely of knights.  Maybe a Justicar can kill ten, twenty, a hundred, it doesn't matter, since in that spot we'll wind up with even more stems to take their place, not to mention the fact that we can boon the stems.  Not to mention that boons have a limited number of uses, once the justicars have exhausted that supply, they're no more than a normal soldier, which means that at that point a stem can go toe to toe with them easy, since they are a fair bit tougher than a normal human.  Also, we had Azula with her major fire boon fighting alongside Tiberius, and she would've been dead if he hadn't saved her ass in there and the Justicar captain ran away.

If we can do all of this with our stems and saps, why bother wasting it on the 50 or so humans we have right now?
And as far as the farming boons go, it would in all likely hood be cheaper in the long run to just make the plants grow faster, since that wouldn't require a daily uptake of mana.  Besides, if we want them to feel important, we can always build them into our plans somehow.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 21, 2013, 07:54:22 pm »

And they do their job very well, we just need to keep accurate records of where the minefields are.  And we're a god, we can clean them up easily.
EDIT: Not to mention the fact that we can tell anyone we want where the mines are so they don't go in there.

landmines are ugly things, and we shouldn't rely on them.

Our stems/saps are meant to be our version of the orcs/humans/elves/dwarves...

what? no they're not, Stems are tools to protect our humans.

edit: if anyone has strong feelings about what saps and stems are, lets take it to the ooc.
edit2: im probably guilty of bringing discussion into this thread aswell, for that I am sorry, but I couldnt let this one slide by uncontested ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:58:14 pm by Talvara »

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: January 21, 2013, 08:05:31 pm »

We could make landmines. Just give them a lifespan(if they need to live longer than a month, we're doing something wrong). Might be better to work on bombs for our dragons to drop when we inevitably fight those Tranquility guys.
Sure, it'll be a pain in the butt, but if we really need some immortal(sorta) landmines, it's not outside our power.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: January 21, 2013, 08:06:24 pm »

OOC Thread cough cough.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 21, 2013, 08:33:52 pm »

We could make landmines. Just give them a lifespan(if they need to live longer than a month, we're doing something wrong). Might be better to work on bombs for our dragons to drop when we inevitably fight those Tranquility guys.
Sure, it'll be a pain in the butt, but if we really need some immortal(sorta) landmines, it's not outside our power.
I'm for using the fire nectar more for bombs and grenades. We do have both a flying castle and dragons after all.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 21, 2013, 08:35:05 pm »

I'm for using the fire nectar more for bombs and grenades. We do have both a flying castle and dragons after all.

Sure
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 21, 2013, 08:48:49 pm »

Rather than focusing so much on boons, maybe we should try and recruit and train more mages.
From where?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: January 21, 2013, 08:54:30 pm »

This new city has a large mage population although we would risk getting the god there angry I suppose.

The manarack has the potential to increase our mage population right?  Maybe we should start sticking some in the water supply or the public square, etc.
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 21, 2013, 09:20:27 pm »

This new city has a large mage population although we would risk getting the god there angry I suppose.

The manarack has the potential to increase our mage population right?  Maybe we should start sticking some in the water supply or the public square, etc.
Yeah, but only in births, and the rate way this is going at, it may take quite some time for any children to be born.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 21, 2013, 09:53:47 pm »

We're the God of life, how hard do you think it'll be to have some one give birth to twins or triples?
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 21, 2013, 10:00:03 pm »

We're the God of life, how hard do you think it'll be to have some one give birth to twins or triples?
Likely easy, the problem is getting some people pregnant, and then waiting the nine months for the birth.  And then there is always the possibility of a miscarriage, the death of one or more of the children as a result of our meddling, or the death of the mother.
Also, we really ought to have an Orgy festival, that way we're guaranteed to get more babies asap.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 21, 2013, 10:02:19 pm »

All in favour of trying to make our stems a full blow race, say aye.
Also, this is for making them multiply faster and making them so hardy they make water bears look like pansies.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 21, 2013, 10:07:15 pm »

All in favour of trying to make our stems a full blow race, say aye.
Also, this is for making them multiply faster and making them so hardy they make water bears look like pansies.

You might want to specify how we plan to do this:  Take a soul from the afterlife, implant it into a stem and have it reproduce? +1?

Also anyone in favor of genetically modifying our human followers to breed faster, grow into adulthood faster but also live an overall longer life?
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 130