Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220904 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #975 on: January 20, 2013, 12:02:07 am »

We should get more since it's on our land, and a somewhat sizeable chunk will likely be going to a sky fortress that he may be a part of.
Speaking of which, maybe we could create a giant manarack powered heat ray?  Seeing as how we are a god of fire.  Or we could just make it generate great beams of fire, directed by an aiming mechanism that uses air.  Perhaps changing the O2 content so as to effect its efficiency as well?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 20, 2013, 12:04:43 am »

Manarack is potentially a very powerful weapon, so yes, I would rather have a little less of it if it means that others don't have any.  It's not greed if anything it's more like paranoia.

Yes it's valuable because it is powerful and puts us at an advantage over other gods.  The advantage is lost if the other gods have it too, even if they are our allies.

By train I mean train.  It's been shown that mages (not people with boons) can be trained in new forms of magic so yes I want to train our mages in some earth magic.  You're right that they wouldn't be as powerful as an earth god but I do think they would help.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 20, 2013, 12:09:55 am »

60% is the worst possible scenario, having less, like 25% is much preferred, of cause. But, IMO, even giving more than half will benefit us.

Oh, and I see nothing wrong in making Urist more powerful, he is an enemy of orcs, and orcs are our enemy... and if he will have economical interest in our lands he will aid us in nearly all wars, including the ones with the order.

That's called politics, you can't be fully independent and care about  own power and nothing else.

And Urist has manarack already, so no advantage here
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:11:30 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 20, 2013, 12:10:30 am »

Offering Urist some manarack will likely strengthen our relationship with him.  Thus ensuring who's side he's on in the coming war.  And depending on how powerful he is, he could be a more powerful ally than we coulda hoped for.  Maybe we could ask around about how powerful he is.  Or just ask the GM.

Hey GM, just how powerful is this Urist fella?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 20, 2013, 12:13:20 am »

I'm all for friendly helpful relations but I'd still rather keep the manarack to ourselves.  That said if you guys are going to be insistent on sharing it, at least start with a lower percentage like 10-20% not 60%.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 20, 2013, 12:16:49 am »

Once again, it's our land, our dominion, keep exports to him capped at 20%.  And also offer him an alliance at the same time.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 20, 2013, 12:25:05 am »

Hey guys. You know the most effective way to defend any palace, even flying? Build it like a "^"

The angle allows those at the center roof to fire over the lower rooftops, and so on down the line.

And have a fairly large ring around a center temple/group of temples for which to worship the various deities of our parthenon, which doubles as a last bastion of fortitude.

And the outer... Oh, say half, should be devoted to housing droptroops/civvies, and fortressworkers, probably about a thousand altogether. Use the meatmelons in the ring and keep a large supply of sap seeds about. Put the mega-life-boon guy up there too, to help speed growth. Have him also have a group of firejackets that carry him to and fro as needed. Or something of that nature.

Maybe a beanstalk when it's at rest in our domain. I like the idea of a giant beanstalk.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 20, 2013, 12:28:06 am »

Not sure that we should have a formal alliance with him, there are no reasons to be allies, except some economic interests

We have enough enemies to not participate in his wars, and he will help us if mines will get threatened. Let's be a friendly neighbor and trade partners. That's enough. We have a for,al alliance with other god

I think that 10% is just too low for Urist to agree, He will be doing all the mine creating job and such a low percentage  make it to tempting to conquer and take it all, start with 20-25% be ready to give away more
The core idea is to spend zero mana or other resources and get steady supply of manarack for free. Such conditions imply pretty high percentage for the one who made mines. Look at  petroleum companies of the  real world, It's not like  British Petroleum  gives 90% of profits to the government of the country they drill in and yet governments invite it readily

And very importnt: Talk about all that, after he will make the fortress, not before
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:30:31 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 20, 2013, 12:29:45 am »

Maybe, as a long term project, we should look to making a large floating bit of vegetation for more of these forts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 20, 2013, 01:27:23 am »

The only thing I would ever wish to have in terms of new creatures would be ants.
Moles that dig tunnels and collect ore is nice, but ants can dig entire cities!

They also come prefabricated with warriors, and workers, with a built in poison
Said poison could be modified into flamethrower, as they spray the acid

They also gather and stockpile food

Sounds good to me!
I disagree. Ants would be rather redundant, as we already have something to burrow with, and earth isn't really our domain anyways. They also sound a lot like firetrackers. Also I personally feel the moles themselves were unneeded and annoying, but there's personal preference for you.
The mole has already paid for itself twice over; you're overreacting.

Anyways...I like the Laputa idea. Also chat with Krait about the possibility of making floating plants.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 20, 2013, 01:29:11 am »

Holy crap this grew fast!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 20, 2013, 01:43:47 am »

The mole has already paid for itself twice over;
Eee? When? If you mean this

As you watch it delve downwards towards the manarack deposits, morning comes and brings with it a rush of 324 Mana.
324 is our regular morning mana income

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 20, 2013, 01:50:02 am »

But when he does dig down to the precious metal!
He will pay for himself!

We have plenty of mana to spare anyways!

ˇYo quiero Hormigas de Fuego!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 20, 2013, 01:55:52 am »

But when he does dig down to the precious metal!
He will pay for himself!
Also he'll create a network of unstable and dangerous tunnels just under our land.
And I suspect that it will take a long time until it mine enough manarack. I very much prefer professionals working on this

And 150 mana is not something to be thrown away easily

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 20, 2013, 02:00:23 am »

But moles are professional diggers..... Then again so are ants.....I want fire ants.....
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 130