Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220929 times)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #945 on: January 19, 2013, 10:09:10 pm »

Are we making this the Chaos-military airbase?
Basically Yes. Mighty force in the world tries to genocide chaos gods. If we find anther Chaos gods, we should invite them to the castle.  It's a serious war. We must be ready for it

As for nonchaos allies, they aren't interested in that war, so they shouldn't participate in the fortress

I was rather hoping we could make a huge trade center for gods that having flying creatures.
But no one said that we can't allow our other allies\partners to visit it. Same goes for trade. Also note that I want workshops and some civilian space, not only various weapons

And no, we aren't building an empire, we are building NATO against USSR

As for the after fortress, I'd suggest to spend some time with all that souls in afterlife (I knew that it was good idea to look for the former god afterlife), improve their living conditions, turn some of them into defenders of the afterlife, and choose one with useful skills to bring back to life in one form or another (giving shared soul to all firejackets is the thing I'd consider)

Oh, and I am unhappy with that mole, it breaks the plant\reptilian\insects theme even more... And 150 mana.... pfff.. Well, at least it should be somewhat useful. I suggest to use it to build tunnel road to the dwarfs, much safer (and dwarven) way to trade
Your reasoning sound as far I can see, so I'll throw my support in. But, I would like for use to make another megaproject of this concept but instead allow all gods that are friendly with us to play with it a bit and turn it into a massive moving, flying trade and industrial center.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 19, 2013, 10:12:06 pm »

Why on [name of planet] would we want to?

Speaking of which, GM, what is the name of these strange lands?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 19, 2013, 10:26:11 pm »

Why on [name of planet] would we want to?

Speaking of which, GM, what is the name of these strange lands?
The world is called Alpharia, the continent you're currently on is Duroni.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 19, 2013, 10:30:09 pm »

Oh, and I want to say that afterlife is important. Note that we got 2 mana per soul before, but now we get only one mana per soul. I think it's because of their cramped living conditions

And I want to create a tradition in the village - Children and teenagers should talk with souls in afterlife regularly and learn from them
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 19, 2013, 10:44:11 pm »

And let's get proselytizing.  This war ain't gonna win itself, and our worshipers number far too few for us to serious effect the outcome of a large battle, especially when compared to the power that these gods of order, or even Krait, wield.  Since we only get ~200 mana/day.  Imagine how much those gods or order get.  We need to start converting as much of Ceres as possible.  And explore that other nearby village, as well as looking for other ones.  If we have more power, we can make more awesome things, we can win great wars easier.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 19, 2013, 10:46:23 pm »

And let's get proselytizing.  This war ain't gonna win itself, and our worshipers number far too few for us to serious effect the outcome of a large battle, especially when compared to the power that these gods of order, or even Krait, wield.  Since we only get ~200 mana/day.  Imagine how much those gods or order get.  We need to start converting as much of Ceres as possible.  And explore that other nearby village, as well as looking for other ones.  If we have more power, we can make more awesome things, we can win great wars easier.
Converting most of Ceres is almost nigh-impractical due to the number of gods already trying to convert there.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 19, 2013, 10:48:53 pm »

We could always attract new migrants with our impressiveness, our town will be filled with riches!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 19, 2013, 10:49:13 pm »

Definately I think we should start gathering as many converts as possible. Wasn't there another village around, maybe one of Mehat's? Also I should note there's also some elves around to burn when we have time.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 19, 2013, 10:50:31 pm »

I wonder what would happen if we snuck into another god's afterlife and opened up a rift to the void to let those monsters in.  Might be a sneaky way of killing a god and destroying their afterlife.

Also yeah, let's get converting
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 19, 2013, 10:50:42 pm »

Converting most of Ceres is almost nigh-impractical due to the number of gods already trying to convert there.
Well, that's easy to solve. Just send a few mages to stay there. When the EoT comes through they'll try to wipe out the city, the gods  will come and try to save the mortals but will be wiped out; while their being wiped out we sweep the mortals to our village undetected. IT'S SO SIMPLE.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59:51 pm »

I think the "attract migrants" route is the best and will make us no new enemies. And more importantly it will not increase the tyerritory we must defend

More effective ways to boost our mana generation is too improve the afterlife and upgrade the temple to allow 30 minutes of praying

And I got an idea... We know that Maher has quite a big ego, right? What about saying him  something like that: " Hey, neighbor, I got a servant of some god, that claim that he is the mightiest god of death. Can you accept him as my gift for all that fun game you offered? I am sure that you can show this justicar who is the mightiest  death god on the continent, and learn about this stupid pretender that tries to mix death and order. Idiotic combination, isn't it?"
It includes a little lie, but may aid us when forces of that death\cold\order god come to revenge
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 19, 2013, 11:10:46 pm »

After we make the fortress, expanding afterlife and making some guardians for it is a must. But let's make the update fortress only

So the project

My vision
1) It's a fortress of chaos gods, so no Urist's territory on it, he is just doing us a favor (By the way, don't forget to boost his farming for month, like we promised)
2) Weight is important, we should ask to use to use lighter materials and lighter construction when possible, explain that thing will fly
3) No high tech, please. (lasers, computers, internal combustion engines and the like) That's a metagame and breaks fantasy setting for me
4) Instead it should be armed  with catapults, balisatas,  mechanical rapid fire crossbows and so on
5) There are should be empty(potentially manarack empowered)  central place to be filled with chaos energies , similar to the everburning tree, but suppressing order magic
6) Furnaces to smelt weapons is good, too. As any other workshops. Especially ones that use fire
7) Like 35% of the fortress should have fertile soil, for our plant based defenders\food production
8) It need to have a nest for dragons, to lay eggs here
9) Windmills to power various mechanics ( that's not high tech, that's dwarven)
10) Several huge propellers somewhere (either muscule powered or using mechanical power from the windmills)
11) Nests for various snakes and other animals
12) Ability to host... hmmm.. 500 civilians?

Also, about the road it should be slightly on the edge of the corrupted forest just in case the dwarves decided to retreat if they are overwhelmed by a superior force, we also won't have to worry about an enemy suddenly appear in the middle of our village if they follow the retreating dwarves.

Also, can we have retcon on the mole it is kind of not suiting the theme we have running here.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:12:23 pm by jaass »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 19, 2013, 11:17:45 pm »

Also, about the road it should be slightly on the edge of the corrupted forest just in case the dwarves decided to retreat if they are overwhelmed by a superior force, we also won't have to worry about an enemy suddenly appear in the middle of our village if they follow the retreating dwarves.

Definitely, and entrance should be trapped in some way. (For example: remote controlled fire nectar mines)
I don't trust that dwarwen god to let him have an easy access to our base. And who knows what HFS can be found undeground

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 19, 2013, 11:22:29 pm »

Wouldn't a tunnel be a bad idea, because I'm pretty sure that we have an angry uber-goddess of EARTH who despises us?
Because if that's the case then maybe we should stick to things not underground.

EDIT: Because even if we got Mr. Dwarf on our side, we still have the enormous problem of Grummorgarahadakfhjasldfgjoeinb being much stronger than him, as she is either the progenitor of the orcs or, at the very least, has so much fucking power that she could likely brush him aside.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:25:19 pm by Origami_Psycho »

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 19, 2013, 11:29:47 pm »

Also, didn't anyone thought of a spec-ops style creation instead of creating one massive army. We could whittle down their resources, gather info about their domains, army composition, common fighting styles or strategies. We are going on to little information do we know if this alliance was forced by the more powerful Gods of Order on the weaker Gods Of Oder. Do they hate each other because of this?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 130