Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220985 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #960 on: January 19, 2013, 11:34:16 pm »

Wouldn't a tunnel be a bad idea, because I'm pretty sure that we have an angry uber-goddess of EARTH who despises us?
Because if that's the case then maybe we should stick to things not underground.
Hmmm, Never thought about that... It's too easy to her to kill our caravans with smaaal earthquake.. So yes, underground construction is a bad option

Anyway, I dislike the mole... Maybe trade it to the dwarven god for something? He may like such a pet

And I see no threat to have mining agreement wit the dwarfs...Like you mine and get X% of the mined as a payment ( I am ready to pay up to 60%)

Just think about it. If we'll have some permanent dwarven miners here , then  we'll get an economy boost (they need to eat and drink something), our mines will be protected by earth god,  and we may even get some shared worshipers (Some dwarfs should like fire god) Plus some dwarven crafters may move here
Mining is not our strength. Crafting too. Let's do things that we are best at and let others to work in other fields

I propose to tell our dwarven friend about the manarack, and offer 25% (but if he haggles, agree to up to 60%)  of it to his miners if they'll mine here. And gift the mole ( maybe create a female as well) as a part of the new deal
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:40:22 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 19, 2013, 11:39:25 pm »

No I don't want to share the manarack much less share 60% of it with him.  I'm not particularly fond of the mole either but we already have it and I don't really want to give it away.  Besides it doesn't appear to require us to feed them and they get the job done, so let's just leave things alone for now.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 19, 2013, 11:40:33 pm »

We don't have to worry about the dwarf being sober, we have a drink that is capable of killing a human with just one pint. I really don't like this mole maybe mutate to emit spores that create sporemen that will do the maintenance of the tunnel and other misc. work.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 19, 2013, 11:41:43 pm »

Also, didn't anyone thought of a spec-ops style creation instead of creating one massive army. We could whittle down their resources, gather info about their domains, army composition, common fighting styles or strategies. We are going on to little information do we know if this alliance was forced by the more powerful Gods of Order on the weaker Gods Of Oder. Do they hate each other because of this?
+1 for Commando army.  I vote werewolf dude as commander.  Hell, we already have the werewolves, and they can be used to spread panic and our much beloved CHAOS.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 19, 2013, 11:44:13 pm »

No I don't want to share the manarack much less share 60% of it with him.
don't be greedy just for the sake of greediness, he will mine more effectively and safely, and that's may make this 40% more than 100% if we mine ourself. Plus additional economical bonuses out of that. Plus it will free workforce and mana for other tasks

AND, Every earth god ( that nine order gods may have one, the orcish goddes, Urist) can fuck our mines in a second, collapsing not only them, but everything above it
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:46:19 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 19, 2013, 11:48:05 pm »

Also, didn't anyone thought of a spec-ops style creation instead of creating one massive army. We could whittle down their resources, gather info about their domains, army composition, common fighting styles or strategies. We are going on to little information do we know if this alliance was forced by the more powerful Gods of Order on the weaker Gods Of Oder. Do they hate each other because of this?
+1 for Commando army.  I vote werewolf dude as commander.  Hell, we already have the werewolves, and they can be used to spread panic and our much beloved CHAOS.

I wanted more precisions strikes then a pack of animals that rely on their instincts. I want them to have the ability pick off commanders from kilometers away. Use explosives to get rid of key enemy defensive or offensive weaponry. I want them to be ghosts that appear and disappear at will. I want our enemies to fear this creation and the damage it can cause.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 19, 2013, 11:50:08 pm »

I'm not being greedy just to be greedy.  We've been told that manarack is an extremely rare (and as we know valuable) metal, so I don't want to be giving it away much less having him take more of it than us.  Still, you have a point about the tunnels collapsing.  Maybe we should ask him if he can train one of our mages in earth magic in exchange for us training one of his mages?

Also commando squads sound good.  Maybe special squads of people who have boons from us and are trained in stealth.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 19, 2013, 11:50:38 pm »

I wanted more precisions strikes then a pack of animals that rely on their instincts. I want them to have the ability pick off commanders from kilometers away. Use explosives to get rid of key enemy defensive or offensive weaponry. I want them to be ghosts that appear and disappear at will. I want our enemies to fear this creation and the damage it can cause.
Okay, +1 for that too.

Also, I think it would make warfare vastly simpler if we encoded the art of warfare/fighting into the genetic memory of our stems and saps, also make their seeds scatter when they die, that way they can harass the enemy for a long time to come, with more sprouting up for every one killed.  Possibly even making them germinate in the corpses of our fallen?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 19, 2013, 11:52:11 pm »

I'm not being greedy just to be greedy.  We've been told that manarack is an extremely rare (and as we know valuable) metal, so I don't want to be giving it away much less having him take more of it than us.  Still, you have a point about the tunnels collapsing.  Maybe we should ask him if he can train one of our mages in earth magic in exchange for us training one of his mages?

Also commando squads sound good.  Maybe special squads of people who have boons from us and are trained in stealth.
We don't want to give up our worshiper base in military actions, not yet at least.  Maybe when we have so many that 1 or 10 or 100 will be a drop in the bucket for us.  I would say stick to tailor made organisms for now.  We can make them look human, after all.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 19, 2013, 11:52:30 pm »

Wouldn't a tunnel be a bad idea, because I'm pretty sure that we have an angry uber-goddess of EARTH who despises us?
Because if that's the case then maybe we should stick to things not underground.

EDIT: Because even if we got Mr. Dwarf on our side, we still have the enormous problem of Grummorgarahadakfhjasldfgjoeinb being much stronger than him, as she is either the progenitor of the orcs or, at the very least, has so much fucking power that she could likely brush him aside.
she isn't that smart enough to presumably do underground attacks....
If we turtle inside the confines of the corrupted forest, we have two ways to expand, the skies, or the earth
Moles can dig huge chambers deep underground as bunkers or homes
Rock is usually stable enough anyways, as long as we don't build HUGECHAMBERSWITHHUGECEILINGS

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 19, 2013, 11:55:16 pm »

EDIT: Because even if we got Mr. Dwarf on our side, we still have the enormous problem of Grummorgarahadakfhjasldfgjoeinb being much stronger than him, as she is either the progenitor of the orcs or, at the very least, has so much fucking power that she could likely brush him aside.
If we turtle inside the confines of the corrupted forest, we have two ways to expand, the skies, or the earth
Rock is usually stable enough anyways, as long as we don't build HUGECHAMBERSWITHHUGECEILINGS
On the other hand we're dealing with unusually powerful gods, so the actual safety of these things in real terms doesn't matter as much.
Although we could reinforce it with magic outside of her sphere

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 19, 2013, 11:57:33 pm »

On the other hand we're dealing with unusually powerful gods, so the actual safety of these things in real terms doesn't matter as much.
Although we could reinforce it with magic outside of her sphere
We always have mana to spare, an income of 4
300 can supply many creations y'know

Or boons.... Those are good too

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 19, 2013, 11:58:17 pm »

I'm not being greedy just to be greedy. 
Yes you are. You'd rather mine less and in a more expensive way, but not share

We've been told that manarack is an extremely rare (and as we know valuable) metal
The fact that it is valuable, should force us to find ways to extract it in the most efficient manner.

Maybe we should ask him if he can train one of our mages in earth magic in exchange for us training one of his mages?
Train? You mean boons? Then what will we do if Urist will decide to conquer our manarack? And no boons will help against some 200 mana god action

Furthemore, offering a share is a way to avoid future war with Urist  for that manarack, and get ally that will be as interested in protecting the mines as we are

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 20, 2013, 12:01:26 am »

I support a mining agreement with the dwarf god. Maybe up to 50% though, handing him over half of it's just silly. Even then I want to start as low as possible, and for that we need more information on the economy.

Corruptor, I have questions.

a) have we been importing things? If so, what are they?
b) is the divine landscape already somewhat plotted out or are you rolling up new gods as we meet them?
c) what is the currency like in this world? is it the normal Copper>silver>gold? What are the exchange rates?
d) what is the average wage of someone mining manarack, and how much does one solid lump of it sell for, say about a kilo of the stuff?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 20, 2013, 12:01:44 am »

Couldn't we just reinforce the stone with vines acting as flexible barrier because all I read the earth gods were capable of is just vibrations of the earth.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 130