Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221023 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #915 on: January 19, 2013, 07:17:03 pm »

We should totally make our own angels.  Fiery Chaos Angels capable of creating Life.  Those void monsters are a pretty cool idea by the way, nice job Corruptor.

Also yes I want our castle to be HUGE and really powerful.  Lots of fire cannons, seed drop pods, room to grow plant soldiers, the ability to pour down spores on anything below and a giant chaos cannon on top.  See if the other gods want to add anything to it as well.  Isn't it supposed to be a collective fortress for all of the gods we are allied with?  I mean obviously we would have main control over it but let's see if any other gods want to add things.
+1
HOLY CARP THE VOID IS FRIGHTENING.
This is not Chaos, this is ENTROPY. People saying that both are the same aren't aware of the semi-cyclic, kind of spiraling movement of chaos. Undulating if you want. Entropy just rocket toward a blank state as fast as it can. Also it's irreversible. You can't do anything about it, 2nd thermodynamic law. And I hate it for that.

Anyway it was exactly what I was fearing, the voidspawn excepted. Glad we could save them. 137 seems short though. I fear many of them were lost. Interrogate them about their god, when did he died, that kind of things. If they have any clue of why or how, I'll be happy, but it's unlikely. He apparently just vanished and THIS IS FREAKING ME OUT. Local gods can't be responsible. Maher, albeit powerful, is not nearly enough so to make an established god just vanish. He wasnt a chaotic, so the empire shouldnt be responsible. All it's left is SOMETHING. Something I already fear.
DAMN YOU GM! Now I'll sleep even less...

For the castle: Uuuhh... See my image above for reference... Huge central tree? Good. Habitable, self-sustaining city around it? Good too. Layered castle in somewhat pyramidal fashion for protection? Perfect. Underside half-sphere for core magic thing making it fly and possibly room for a future superweapon? Deal!
Let's start with that and add details.
And let Krait participate in the design, as well as Uristiel. Tell him we intend to make it fly. Maybe not that we intend to make it able to level cities.

Poke around the city for feelings the gods here. Tell them you don't intend to get followers, just to set up trade and such.
Then, when we DO have the city, troops transports, armies of Stems and Saps, drop pods filled with nasty things and manarack-powered LAZ0RS of D00M, say hello to mister Maher. I'm pretty sure this baby would take whatever he could throw at it.
And if don't, it wouldnt have helped much against the Empire...
Also +1
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 19, 2013, 07:20:30 pm »

I'd actually like to consider allying with Maher.  He seems a bit um... bloodthirsty I guess, but he is still pretty reasonable all things considered.  Hell he probably could have killed us right off the bat if he wanted to but instead decided to make things into a game.  Also he's friendly with at least one of the other gods we are allied with.

Let's offer the dwarf god a place in our floating city too.  I like him and I want to cement the good relations we have.

I like Chaos Golems and I think we should make more but I don't think they should by synonymous with our angels.  I'd rather have them be two completely separate but both useful creations.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 19, 2013, 08:05:19 pm »

Spoiler: big image (click to show/hide)

This is what I was thinking. The districts don't need to be worked much besides basic housing and some plumbing, if even that. Actually, some basic plumbing would be good, either for the people on the island or for the people below it...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 19, 2013, 08:08:15 pm »

Actually, we could use those gas-bag things I was talking about as parachutes from our doom fortress in the sky for our troopers.  Possibly also carrying decoys to fool ground level archers.
And then they could return to the fortress.
Which I still think should be named Laputa.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: ninja'd by Karne
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:11:10 pm by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 19, 2013, 08:12:03 pm »

I'd actually like to consider allying with Maher.  He seems a bit um... bloodthirsty I guess, but he is still pretty reasonable all things considered.  Hell he probably could have killed us right off the bat if he wanted to but instead decided to make things into a game.  Also he's friendly with at least one of the other gods we are allied with.

Let's offer the dwarf god a place in our floating city too.  I like him and I want to cement the good relations we have.

I like Chaos Golems and I think we should make more but I don't think they should by synonymous with our angels.  I'd rather have them be two completely separate but both useful creations.
1) Me too. By "say hello" I meant just that. Not leveling villages right off the bat. He should be reasonable. Plus, he sorta can't deal with the werewolves. At least he didnt for Ravenholt.

2) I'm totally for that.

3) Just looking similar? The physical ones looking male and bulky and all dreadnough-like (spehss marinz dreadnought. That's what Tiberius is for me. Also why I found hilarious the suggestion of putting a hood on him and pretending he's just an old guy when the justicar came...), while the ethereal, afterlife ones are female-looking, kinda like fire atronach from skyrim only with more plants?

NINJA'd edit: I am not too fond of your design, karne. Too flat. Wasted space. It is more a flying farm that a flying fortress.
Besides, maybe we shouldnt have separate areas and let people mingle instead.

EDIT: Also, if we put a big-ass cannon on it, it will be on the BOTTOM, not the top. Just think a second about how many targets a flying castle would have above it, and compare with how many there will be under it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:18:52 pm by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 19, 2013, 08:14:58 pm »

To be honest I think we shouldn't divide our castle into districts.  Each god can have a tower where their troops can be housed with more towers being added on as needed but overall I think everyone should be free to move about the place freely without any territory dividers.

Castle name huh haven't even thought of it.  Don't know about Gulliver's Travels to be honest so my first vote is to name it The Citadel.
Pretty simple and easy to remember so I figure it's pretty agreeable.

Edit: Nice picture though, I appreciate the drawing to visualize what our place might look like.  Nothing wrong with some flat ground, it's good to have room to add structures or farms, etc.  There should be lots of cannons built into the floating ground underneath the castle and maybe some "underground" storage areas.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:17:51 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 19, 2013, 08:19:16 pm »

I like the angel idea. Maybe a combination of fire corona and a writhing mass of vines in the shape of the being's physical form. Change, life, and fire. Also, I like the fortress idea, with the exception that giving other people our existing territory is just wrong. Maybe set up a sort of astrolabe, with a central castle and several other circles around it with their own towers? Also for names Finger of Change.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:21:53 pm by Remuthra »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 19, 2013, 08:22:53 pm »

Actually the Laputa of gulliver's travels is pretty silly. Or downright filled with stupid, stupid dudes. Like the one that tried to make a machine turning shit into food (this one is true, I swear!). So the laputa we think of is the Ghibli one. The one with the giant tree, the killer flying robots and the superlaser.

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 19, 2013, 08:24:09 pm »

Oh, and ask the alchemist to investigate ways of stabilizing the explosive, or move it out of the town.  Far out of the town.
We don't need to recreate all of the nitroglycerine problems.

EDIT: I only meant in name, not in spirit.  That would result in some horrible gunboat diplomacy.
EDIT#2: Maybe we should name it the 'Gunboat Diplomat'
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:25:47 pm by Origami_Psycho »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 19, 2013, 08:34:08 pm »

Actually the Laputa of gulliver's travels is pretty silly. Or downright filled with stupid, stupid dudes. Like the one that tried to make a machine turning shit into food (this one is true, I swear!). So the laputa we think of is the Ghibli one. The one with the giant tree, the killer flying robots and the superlaser.

I like this. If I hadn't put a good twenty minutes into my own, I'd love it. :P

If my idea doesn't get used this has my support.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 19, 2013, 08:51:19 pm »

After we make the fortress, expanding afterlife and making some guardians for it is a must. But let's make the update fortress only

So the project

My vision
1) It's a fortress of chaos gods, so no Urist's territory on it, he is just doing us a favor (By the way, don't forget to boost his farming for month, like we promised)
2) Weight is important, we should ask to use to use lighter materials and lighter construction when possible, explain that thing will fly
3) No high tech, please. (lasers, computers, internal combustion engines and the like) That's a metagame and breaks fantasy setting for me
4) Instead it should be armed  with catapults, balisatas,  mechanical rapid fire crossbows and so on
5) There are should be empty(potentially manarack empowered)  central place to be filled with chaos energies , similar to the everburning tree, but suppressing order magic
6) Furnaces to smelt weapons is good, too. As any other workshops. Especially ones that use fire
7) Like 35% of the fortress should have fertile soil, for our plant based defenders\food production
8) It need to have a nest for dragons, to lay eggs here
9) Windmills to power various mechanics ( that's not high tech, that's dwarven)
10) Several huge propellers somewhere (either muscule powered or using mechanical power from the windmills)
11) Nests for various snakes and other animals
12) Ability to host... hmmm.. 500 civilians?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 19, 2013, 09:09:49 pm »

After we make the fortress, expanding afterlife and making some guardians for it is a must. But let's make the update fortress only

So the project

My vision
1) It's a fortress of chaos gods, so no Urist's territory on it, he is just doing us a favor (By the way, don't forget to boost his farming for month, like we promised)
2) Weight is important, we should ask to use to use lighter materials and lighter construction when possible, explain that thing will fly
3) No high tech, please. (lasers, computers, internal combustion engines and the like) That's a metagame and breaks fantasy setting for me
4) Instead it should be armed  with catapults, balisatas,  mechanical rapid fire crossbows and so on
5) There are should be empty(potentially manarack empowered)  central place to be filled with chaos energies , similar to the everburning tree, but suppressing order magic
6) Furnaces to smelt weapons is good, too. As any other workshops. Especially ones that use fire
7) Like 35% of the fortress should have fertile soil, for our plant based defenders\food production
8) It need to have a nest for dragons, to lay eggs here
9) Windmills to power various mechanics ( that's not high tech, that's dwarven)
10) Several huge propellers somewhere (either muscule powered or using mechanical power from the windmills)
11) Nests for various snakes and other animals
12) Ability to host... hmmm.. 500 civilians?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 19, 2013, 09:11:24 pm »

Why does it have to be a chaos only fortress?  I think we should treat all our allies equally not treat some of them worse simply because chaos isn't one of their domains.  Other than that I agree with a lot of those ideas.
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 19, 2013, 09:15:20 pm »

Why does it have to be a chaos only fortress?  I think we should treat all our allies equally not treat some of them worse simply because chaos isn't one of their domains.  Other than that I agree with a lot of those ideas.
The intent i believe is to one day form a pantheon of Chaos to combat the Order Empire. Basically, this is the Chaos fortress, we aren't discriminating against other gods, but it's our bastion of Chaos. Or at least that's what I see it as.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:19:04 pm by Remuthra »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 19, 2013, 09:20:29 pm »

The only thing I would ever wish to have in terms of new creatures would be ants.
Moles that dig tunnels and collect ore is nice, but ants can dig entire cities!

They also come prefabricated with warriors, and workers, with a built in poison
Said poison could be modified into flamethrower, as they spray the acid

They also gather and stockpile food

Sounds good to me!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 130