Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221033 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #885 on: January 19, 2013, 02:58:23 pm »

Why not just make firejackets attracted to Manarack and capable of digging underground hives?

then they take the Manarack they find and stockpile it just under the surface. Our villagers can then dig it up and use it without much more than a shovel and goodwill from us to keep the firejackets from being supremely pissed.

And they will be pissed. They'll be our defense for the manarack. If someone we haven't blessed comes to dig up the manarack the whole hive of Firejackets swarms them like bees until the offending thief is nothing but charred flesh and ashen bone.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 19, 2013, 02:59:08 pm »

Well. Take fifty percent of the firejackets and make them drones. They produce firenectar at a much higher rate, at at least double the current rate, but are weaker proportionally. Make fourty-five percent soldiers, who do the work of four drones but produce little nectar. Then five percent should be Queens, who are able to think at least a little logically about how to make the most of what they have. And give the queens a hivemind that makes them smarter with the more firejackets under their power.

That's a little better in terms of evolution.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 19, 2013, 03:11:05 pm »

If we mutate firejackets, there are no point in mutating more than one. It will reproduce, especially with conscious effort. That's will save mana

If we go hivelike, then:
1) Soldiers - no fire nectar generation, better combat abilities
2) Commanders - Better intelligence
3) Drones - current firejackets
4) Kamikaze: explosive firejackets, one that can explode itself defending the hive
5) Builders: wingless, with minor digging abilities and increased strength, they build hives

No need for queens, as they reproduce in another way

But I'd delay all that for later

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 19, 2013, 03:12:27 pm »

We don't need queens, they are pretty much wasps right now

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 19, 2013, 03:20:01 pm »

We could just give our plant guys mining equipment and have them dig.  I know some of you guys keep saying no more new creatures but I really do think we should make a flying plant based troop transport.  After that I would be pretty content with our forces.

Edit: They would be more like a grow-able plant ship that floats with chaos magic and can shoot fireballs or release spores as a defense mechanism.  In peace times they could be used to transport civilians comfortably and safely.  In war they would move large amounts of soldiers.

It also would be easy for the GM to keep track of because we wouldn't need a lot of them and they would be plant based so they wouldn't need a food source.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:26:52 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 19, 2013, 03:27:32 pm »

Maybe later, when we do have the flying fortress.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 19, 2013, 03:28:08 pm »

But really, the fortress, the feast and the werewolves are more urgent and important. If we can cheaply alter several firejackets and let them multiply, then good. Else, save mana

And looking for the afterlife can be very useful, I ask for support for this suggestion (BTW, adding soul(s) to firejacket cloud  make it a real hivemind. )

Flying troop transport? We will need that for fortress to land transport, but it's not urgent and dragons can fill that role (especially if we make baloons)

Oh, and chaos magic is a bad way to fly, either use our dear friend assistance or make something that can fly using physics

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:30:22 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 19, 2013, 03:37:44 pm »

Troop transports can wait but I still think we should do it eventually.  Dragons can temporarily be used to transport troops but not as effectively and I think we have better uses for them.

I agree about looking around for the other afterlife but lets not invest too much time into it.

A new idea I just got: let's give our floating castle the ability to spread chaos and mutate things nearby.  Maybe a giant chaos beam that fires from a manarack crystal at the highest tower in our castle?

Last idea: Laskus knows necromancy right?  Let's have him teach some of our mages.
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 19, 2013, 03:44:52 pm »

let's give our floating castle the ability to spread chaos and mutate things nearby.
It may be an option, but only if it is turnoffable

Last idea: Laskus knows necromancy right?  Let's have him teach some of our mages.
LOL. Very fitting to a life god

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 19, 2013, 03:47:38 pm »

Guys, we need Gourd Trees on the floating castle to act as AA-cannons
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 19, 2013, 03:50:26 pm »

Yeah I agree to #1

#2 yeah but I like the idea of keeping our magic diverse.  I'm not saying we start raising corpses left and right but it'll allow us to put some of our dead enemies to good use.

I'd rather have fireball cannons than gourd trees.  Our castle will still be able to drop fungus spores though.
Sure thing peanut man!

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 19, 2013, 04:00:23 pm »

Not much use for necromancy, when our Fungus Spawn serve basically the same purpose.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 19, 2013, 04:07:02 pm »

Remember what I said about manarack and something-that-turn-raw-output-into-refined-magic-of-our-choice (let's call that manalenses for now)? Yes, we can do computers with it. But the truth is that we can do ANYTHING. LITERALLY ANYTHING. Jet engines, plasma engines, laser beams, flamethrowers, plasma cannons, flak, computers (evolving, possibly sentient ones), telekinetic move-things-around things... Hell, we can have REPLICATORS with that. Mix a number of life rack+lense and fire ones, and ding, dinner served by the press of a button. Self sufficient fortress with no expense. Alternatively said replicators can pop out plant soldiers ready to battle instead of potatoes ready to eat (we'll need bigger ones though). Unleash the clone army! Only with insectoidal (better than plant IMO) transport and dragon air support. And chaos dreadnoughts in drop pods. SWEET.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 19, 2013, 04:17:24 pm »

+1 to insect transports. Maybe a hollow scarab of sorts? Also +1 to not adding any other new creatures than that. We have enough to keep track of already. Awesome suggestion game by the way.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 19, 2013, 04:18:16 pm »

Getting that technologically advanced almost seems like it would break the game to be honest.  I'm fine with some cool advanced technology such as my cannon suggestion, some explosives, golems and I even like the idea of something like drop pods in our castle or some in our flying plant ships but some of what you said seems like it might be going a little too far.  Just my opinion.

That said I do think we should use manarack to make some really cool stuff lets just not get too exploiting with it.  On another note, if the stuff that the firejackets (or whatever they're called) make is explosive, maybe we could also find a way of refining it into a fuel of some sort.

Edit: the reason I prefer plant transports to insect transports is just that plants don't need to be fed.  Also it feels less weird to me having our troops riding inside them.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:42:14 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 130