Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221073 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #840 on: January 18, 2013, 09:07:55 pm »

...There-hundred men as in, builders, or sacrifices?

It's three hundred MANA, not MEN.

i bring forth the notion to collect 300 souls, convert these directly into mana, and send them forth to be used for castle construction

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 18, 2013, 09:11:30 pm »

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. But that fortress better be big as hell, we ain't cheaping out on this bitch, we need to be pimpin'.

Ladies and gentledwarves, we have our mega-project.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 18, 2013, 09:14:36 pm »

That sounds awesome. Giant skyfortress of chaos is definitely something we should work towards.

Uristiel isn't a god of chaos though. It may be harder to bring him to our side than it was with Krait. Still, we should look into it, as tactfully as we can. Won't do to ask huge favors of such a new ally.

Hopefully the fortress will be ready for war soon after the siege is over. I expect we'll need their help when the Order gods come for us. In the meantime, assist his troops, and multiply our own, by having our firejackets aid in the counter-assault. They should try especially to burn tents and supplies, as well as focus on officers. We're a chaos god who enjoys watching our enemies rout, headless.

And do give Laskus that binding. We're good, but even good kings take some prisoners. We'll need information on orcs at some point and now may be the easiest time to get it.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 18, 2013, 09:29:12 pm »

Yes!!! You went with my sky fortress idea! Corruptor you officially just made this my favorite thread.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 18, 2013, 09:37:16 pm »

We have ale. Why say you that it would be difficult to ally with uristiel?

On another note...fortress should have some major components of all three gods. So we can all work at maximum efficiency would we be besieged. Let it soar on wings of fire!

Finally, we now see that invisible flying scouts area very useful.

Finally finally, we will DEFINITELY need troops soon. Or at least a way of mass producicing them; both to man our fortress and to defend against the future forces of Maher(he'll be back) and the Empire. Our forces should never be just 'adequate'. We should always have more than is needed, to minimize casualties. Never fight one to one ratio unless there is no other choice.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 18, 2013, 10:07:48 pm »

I still like the tree though but with the current information we will really need some defense.

Plus, what did I say we need those recon-flyers we are going blind until Krait told us about 9 bloody gods of order.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 18, 2013, 10:36:32 pm »

I'd prefer the to keep the firejackets to ourselves, we can use them in battles, but we should only settle them in our own domain.
+1
+2
+3

Laskus is quite busy right now. One more reason why I would delay solving  wereproblem..  And yep Laksus is  loyal and very useful so far, he should be rewarded with more power, not punished

We don't need troop transport as long as we don't plan to attack anyone ( We are on defensive mode, remember) And dragons can be used in that role for small scale operations
And we have turrets already - corrupted trees
+1, +1, and +0.5

Anyways...nine gods and an army in the millions? Well, carp. We really need that castle. Chat with Uristiel about building the castle and do what he needs, then invest 300 mana. Then see what we could give to the castle thing as far as life goes. Notably food-producing plants. Only after that do we consider making anything else.

...There-hundred men as in, builders, or sacrifices?
It's three hundred MANA, not MEN.
i bring forth the notion to collect 300 souls, convert these directly into mana, and send them forth to be used for castle construction
-1. Evil and impossible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 18, 2013, 10:39:34 pm »

Floating fortress is good, but it will fail to protect people of Minas Iroh unless we repopulate it. Also Maher is a more urgent problem.  So I suggest to improve our own defenses and grow that tree. But fortress should be constructed later. That's 100% required

300 mana is our income for few days, so it may wait for later, especially considering that dwarfs will need some time to craft the fortress

We may either start growing the tree or lead the force of two dragons and 200 firejackets and provide fire support (pun intended) to Urist. If we do attack, limit our mana expenses to, at most, 100
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:42:20 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 18, 2013, 10:44:13 pm »

Floating fortress is good, but it will fail to protect people of Minas Iroh unless we repopulate it. Also Maher is more urgent problem.  So I suggest to improve our own defenses and grow that tree. But fortress should be constructed later. That's 100% required

300 mana is our income for few days, so it may wait for later, especially considering that dwarfs will need some time to craft the fortress

We may either start growing the tree or lead the force of two dragons and 200 firejackets and provide fire support (pun intended) to Urist. If we do attack, limit our mana expenses to, at most, 100
Disagree. We have the mana now, and an income of over 150 mana--300 isn't even two days' worth! And it's best to get the fortress up ASAP, as well as some stuff to feed the inhabitants on...Idea.

Bread Lichen
A new kind of plant, which can grow anywhere and feed on light and any organic matter. It can be scraped off and ground into flour. Simple foodstuff to supply the flying fortress with.

Anyways, we should be able to protect our villagers inside the flying castle--that's what real castles were used for, after all.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 18, 2013, 10:51:43 pm »

I doubt that Uristiel can do and arm that fortress that fast even if we convince him. Most likely he will spend huge amounts of mana on the combat, and rituals take time (and crafting takes even more time) . While dwarf god will make the fortress, we will gather build the tree, gather Mana and then, together with Krait lift the fortress into the air using newly received mana

Oh, and villagers inside the fortress = destroyed village, destroyed economy. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:56:08 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

G D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 18, 2013, 10:57:21 pm »

So that war between chaos and order isnt finished yet - thats good. On the other side many gods in EoT is bad thing. That means that they more versatile ang good at multitasking. Also because war isnt over, motrals still dont fully understand how bad is total order. Also some gods from the EoT may be not so crazy as this one so they have better reputation - this makes propaganda war harder.

I support idea of skyfortress we can add some improvements to that for example
1) Use Fire to create rocket engines - to transform falling into landing if Krait's levitation for some reason will cease to work. Also useful as weapon.
2) Add some chaos shield against order.
3) Add some source of energy to fortress - for example make some sort of manarack mana generator in cooperation with Urist.

I think we can give chaos boon to Alchemist: so that he can decrease chaos in his experiments - then they work exactly as planned, or increase it so he can get something new out of it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:03:38 am by G D »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 18, 2013, 10:59:33 pm »

Hell, if we want to go rule of cool over pure practicality we could tether the flying city over Minas Iroh. It would sort of defeat the point of having a flying fortress (unless the tether was disconnectable. Idea!) but it would be uber cool.

I support building the tree first. That we can do ourselves and our mana isn't much of an issue right now.

Meanwhile, we should spend a minor bit of mana to modify some local birds into scouts, then set one to roost in Ceres, where the Order Army will have to at least come within sightline of for supplies and war acessories. Another should be sent eastward, to the small town and elven retreat. We can do some recon before our meet and greet. I doubt any major gods in the area are going to even notice a pidgeon with a mana or two invested in it to link its eyesight to ours.

3) Add some source of energy to fortress
like a combustion engine. wink wink nudge nudge shove shove this isn't implication anymore
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 18, 2013, 11:05:15 pm »

My Plan

1) Fly to Urist together with 2 dragons and 200 firejackets, provide fire support, spend at most 47 mana on the battle
2) try to convert as many surviving orcs and goblins as we can ( Fortress will need garrison after all)
3) Ask god of dwarves to build the fortress
4) Return home and spend 250 mana (+mana we got from new worshipers, if any)  to raise the tree
5) Next day, with fresh income go and raise the fortress into the air (we'll have exactly 300 mana)

Further improvements to fortress can be done later, as for propulsion - towed by dragons  for now.

Oh, and our ally have perfect scouts, why bother to make our own?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 18, 2013, 11:08:29 pm »

I doubt that Uristiel can do and arm that fortress that fast even if we convince him. Most likely he will spend huge amounts of mana on the combat, and rituals take time (and crafting takes even more time) . While dwarf god will make the fortress, we will gather build the tree, gather Mana and then, together with Krait lift the fortress into the air using newly received mana
I'm not sure; talk with Uristiel before guessing what his capabilities are. He's had months with little to do, probably letting mana stockpile for when it could help...

Oh, and villagers inside the fortress = destroyed village, destroyed economy.
It worked for the real world. And no; the most important things are the people, and who says we can't move parts of the economy (whatever you mean by that) onto the castle with the peasants?

Anyways...yeah, add touches to the Castle. But we should have the Castle, for when we get attacked. With some good design and Bread Lichen, we can stay there a looong time, until the Justicars grow wings.

My Plan
1) Fly to Urist together with 2 dragons and 200 firejackets, provide fire support, spend at most 47 mana on the battle
2) try to convert as many surviving orcs and goblins as we can ( Fortress will need garrison after all)
4) Return home and spend 250 mana (+mana we got from new worshipers, if any)  to raise the tree
5) Next day, with fresh income go and raise the fortress into the air (we'll have exactly 300 mana)
This plan sounds OK...if the math works like you said it will. Be a bit more conservative with the numbers* and sure.
*Say, only 200 mana on the tree.

Oh, and our ally have perfect scouts, why bother to make our own?
Because we're idiots.
Sig

G D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 19, 2013, 12:31:50 am »

My Plan
Further improvements to fortress can be done later, as for propulsion - towed by dragons  for now.
+1 to this plan
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 130