Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221106 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #750 on: January 17, 2013, 06:22:02 pm »

Yes to chaos boon, no to priest having it.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 17, 2013, 06:25:50 pm »

Then who are we giving such a great power to?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 17, 2013, 06:28:23 pm »

Why do you think that pries is suited for that boon? We quite decided to use him as a a missionary
Because we have someone in need of a boon and want to give someone a Chaos boon. (I personally suggest we give the priest a Life boon of the healing variety. Again.)

I think that alchemist with chaos boon can produce some interesting things. We just need to care that he does his experiments in a safe place
No place is safe when you're an alchemist with a Chaos boon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 17, 2013, 06:29:26 pm »

perhaps the right person hasn't revealed themselves to us yet. When the right person to wield the power of chaos comes along we'll know?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 17, 2013, 06:29:40 pm »

Why do you think that pries is suited for that boon? We quite decided to use him as a a missionary
Because we have someone in need of a boon and want to give someone a Chaos boon. (I personally suggest we give the priest a Life boon of the healing variety. Again.)

I think that alchemist with chaos boon can produce some interesting things. We just need to care that he does his experiments in a safe place
No place is safe when you're an alchemist with a Chaos boon.
boon=boom
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 17, 2013, 06:33:08 pm »

perhaps the right person hasn't revealed themselves to us yet. When the right person to wield the power of chaos comes along we'll know?
Fuck no, we're chaos! Choose the baddest ass from the village and give them the boon. And tell him I want to see some goddamn flaming cake monsters out on the battlefield!
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 17, 2013, 06:38:50 pm »

I am against giving chaos boon just for the sake of chaos. Chaos+life for mutating power may be more viable... but still

In fact, we are smart chaos god and understand that  power shouldn't get overused...

I think judging by our actions we are a benevolent God of Life, with minor flavor of chaos and fire. And I like it that way... Maybe, maybe fire can be used more. Make minor artifact weapons, develop firebased crafts, build fire related megaproject or burn away army or two

Chaos should be a booster for two other skills

(I personally suggest we give the priest a Life boon of the healing variety. Again.)
We did that few turns ago
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 17, 2013, 06:42:18 pm »

We are Chaos. We are like a 11-dimensional 100 sided die. Give the chaos boon:
He gets control over chaos, able to confuse enemies into attacking each other, corrupting the earth to be inhospitable to enemies, causing random weather occurences, ability to summon flaming cake monsters, and the ability to grant random minor boons of his own (though not as powerful as ours)
To the baddest ass in the village. Why should Chaos be a booster? It is unique in and of itself.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 17, 2013, 06:47:09 pm »

I think judging by our actions we are a benevolent God of Life, with minor flavor of chaos and fire. And I like it that way...
Agreed.

(I personally suggest we give the priest a Life boon of the healing variety. Again.)
We did that few turns ago
...Huh. Why do we need to give him another boon?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 17, 2013, 06:59:34 pm »

If we are going to do a chaos boon we should make it deflect spell back at enemies. Instead of doing random stuff that has the potential to hurt us.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:11:25 pm by jaass »

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 17, 2013, 07:11:09 pm »

If we are going to do a chaos boon we should make it deflect spell back at enemies. Instead of doing random stuff that has the potential to hurt us.
That's stupid. You're stupid. Go away stupid person! GET SOME FUCKING CHAOS UP IN THIS BITCH.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 17, 2013, 07:16:55 pm »

That's stupid. You're stupid. Go away stupid person! GET SOME FUCKING CHAOS UP IN THIS BITCH.
Don't call other people stupid. If it's a joke, remember text doesn't transfer that well.

The problem with simply infusing something with chaos is it isn't always benificial. Remember, we used Chaos with the trees and it turned them hostile to us until we spent even more mana to turn them back to us.

Besides, we aren't random chaos, we're change and innovation. Krait seems a bit more random chaos. I'm sure there's already a madgod out there, there's already evil gods, fascist gods, whatever. Let's play a game where people don't shout magma and burn the world for the hell of it. I'm so tired of those games.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 17, 2013, 07:30:25 pm »

Don't call other people stupid. If it's a joke, remember text doesn't transfer that well.

The problem with simply infusing something with chaos is it isn't always benificial. Remember, we used Chaos with the trees and it turned them hostile to us until we spent even more mana to turn them back to us.

Besides, we aren't random chaos, we're change and innovation. Krait seems a bit more random chaos. I'm sure there's already a madgod out there, there's already evil gods, fascist gods, whatever. Let's play a game where people don't shout magma and burn the world for the hell of it. I'm so tired of those games.

What games have you been playing where people (as in the protagonist) burn the world for the hell of it?  Genuinely curious because to me it seems like almost all games put the protagonist in the role of a good guy.  If anything being "evil" would he a break from the ordinary, not something you're accustomed to.

That aside I agree about us not being "evil just for lols" or whatever.  I think we should do our best to do whatever is in our best interest, while still being reasonable when possible and most of all let's just try and keep things interesting and fun for as many players as possible.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 17, 2013, 07:32:33 pm »

I suggest that the chaos boon be a boon which lets one reshape things. That's incredibly versatile.

Need to fix a tool? Warp the edges together!
Someone attacking? Turn their legs into arms and their arms into legs!
Food shortage? Turn rocks into loaves of bread!
Etc.
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 17, 2013, 07:41:33 pm »

I suggest that the chaos boon be a boon which lets one reshape things. That's incredibly versatile.

Need to fix a tool? Warp the edges together!
Someone attacking? Turn their legs into arms and their arms into legs!
Food shortage? Turn rocks into loaves of bread!
Etc.

Yeah that sounds good to me.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 130