Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221095 times)

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #765 on: January 17, 2013, 07:42:47 pm »

^Who are we going to give the Chaos boon too?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 17, 2013, 07:48:20 pm »

I dislike giving motals power of chaos, it can go wrong way any moment (I offered to boost  the alchemist, but now I think it was a bad idea...)

Chaos in our interpretation is chaos of life, it's mutations, it's the evolution. We may use it for other tasks but veeeery carefully. Donut understands that chaos isn't something to use lightly

Let's not give chaos boon to anyone, It's too dangerous

I think we should investigate werewolfs and prepare for the air attack on the goblin siege
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 17, 2013, 08:02:22 pm »

So, the recon-flyers the sub-species of firejackets that are capable of turning invisible will be probably be the best choice to make right now.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 17, 2013, 08:16:19 pm »

I suggest that the chaos boon be a boon which lets one reshape things. That's incredibly versatile.

Need to fix a tool? Warp the edges together!
Someone attacking? Turn their legs into arms and their arms into legs!
Food shortage? Turn rocks into loaves of bread!
Etc.

I agree with this proposal.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 17, 2013, 08:32:11 pm »

So, the recon-flyers the sub-species of firejackets that are capable of turning invisible will be probably be the best choice to make right now.
NO. If we do new fliers, then ask for Krait's help, but not this turn

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 17, 2013, 09:27:18 pm »

We'll have around 500 mana or so next turn. What should we use it for?

Troops. The Empire is going to attack in a few days or weeks, and Maher seems to think of us as a worthy foe, so we'll have to contend with him. Begin with Mothers and their Nannies, get some Hell Hounds, Chaos Cats, and Bone Chariots. Living Walls, Walking Hives, and some Chaos Dreadnoughts should help too. Mammoth Cannons and Battering Rams should be very useful. Invisijays and some more Gold Dragons would be nice. Perhaps some of the growing Webbers can become Red Widows. The names of these and my previous suggestions should make it obvious what they do.

Oh yeah, and some more life boons, specifically the ability to 'wake up' trees. Renewable Ents is nice
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 17, 2013, 09:33:56 pm »

Make the Gourd Trees.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 17, 2013, 09:39:40 pm »

I still say we go for the Spore Bombers. They will be virtually immune to all human weaponry, can lay down destruction, and if anyone does actually manage to get high enough to hurt them they'll crash in a glorious infesting inferno.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 17, 2013, 09:40:48 pm »

But "human weaponry"cweaponry varies, as there are many god intervening anything may happen

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 17, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »

Still though, it would be remarkably effective against uncreative gods like Grummaga and humans without Gods nearby and consciously protecting them.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 17, 2013, 09:42:54 pm »

I like spore bombers but they should float with chaos magic and they should also be big enough to double as troop transports.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 17, 2013, 09:43:15 pm »

Large number of beasts will destroy our ecosystem, we'll get surprises even worse than this werewolf problem...  And I have a feeling that someone assume that this is some kind of Spore) Let's make as many bizzare creatures as possible

Where to spend Mana?
1) Make  megaproject or fortifications  that will aid in defense is a good option, too... If we plan to be a defensive god, fortifications of any kind is much more useful and cost effective than more troops. Preferably ones that don't need resources to maintain (No alive things)
2) Helping the dwarves to get a trade partner, ally, fire skill, knowledge about our combat abilities,  fame ( You need to show force to attract worshipers) and maybe even some new worshipers if we play our cards right
3) Upgrading existing forces. Like arming all villagers with fire based equipment or upgrading corrupted trees
4) Cynical: Make high quality, well defended afterlife. Then, even if all our worshipers will get killed in the lost war, we'll survive and will keep getting some mana income
5) We may try to invade someone's else afterlife.. For example the one of the former village owner. Priest should now something about it... It is populated by souls of former villigers, some may be very, very  useful

I beg coplayers to stop making new creatures, we have other options, game is not a creature designer. It's just getting boring and repetitive, let's use other ways to make us stronger

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:45:20 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 17, 2013, 09:44:52 pm »

Some kind of (giant, living?)airship would be useful, the dragon could pull it, bringing supplies (food and fire nectar) to the dwarves along with representatives (and a healer?) to trade for weapons(for our sprouts, self growing weapons are good, but weapons made by dwarves worshiping a god of war sound better).

If the werewolves did get out of control we could offer to restore some of their humanity if they worship us.

Since we seem to be mostly defensive right now, hiding some giant nature/chaos golems in the forest sounds like a good plan so +1 to:
Living Walls, Walking Hives, and some Chaos Dreadnoughts should help too.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 17, 2013, 09:57:27 pm »

A good ecosystem needs lots of things in it. The weapons the Stems grow turn into fruit, remember? We CONSTRUCT our own ecosystem. One in which everything serves multiple purposes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 17, 2013, 10:03:24 pm »

Maybe we could modify the stems and saps to have a hive mind, that is strong enough to instantaneously communicate with each other but weak enough not to develop a consciousness. Also, maybe we should also apply rolepgeek's mutation gene idea.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 130