Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221034 times)

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #405 on: January 11, 2013, 03:04:56 pm »

Can we move stuff between real world and afterlife? Or rather how expensive is that in mana?
Souls are the only thing you can move back and forth, but you can do so at no cost.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2013, 03:20:06 pm »

As for our champion fight....I recommend we use Tiberius instead of Laksus. Tiberius seems to be the more collected of the two. Besides, It's a duel. Laksus seems more like the kind of guy that would either flat out kill his oppement or bite him and leave him alive. Possibly giving the other kind  even stronger kind of champion.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 11, 2013, 03:39:59 pm »

Agree. I prefer Tiberius raising his skills, not that barely loyal vampire
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 11, 2013, 03:47:54 pm »

"How about we make it a little more interesting," you murmur. "The main event of the feast: a contest, my strongest champions against yours."

Champions. Plural.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 11, 2013, 04:16:28 pm »

Well, the insects' super strenght is related to their little, little size. You see, muscle power is proportionnal to the section area of aid muscle, while weight is proportionnal to the volume. So if you double the size (lenght and height), the muscle power is fourfold, while weight is eightfold, effectively cutting muscle effectiveness (own weight lifted) by two.
Beat me to it, shame my typing of the explanation went to waste. Also, don't forget that beetles can't live at huge sizes. They'd need to be completely redesigned to support more weight on their legs and breathe with a sort of respiratory system.

"How about we make it a little more interesting," you murmur. "The main event of the feast: a contest, my strongest champions against yours."
Champions. Plural.
Which means they should train together at some point...

Anyways, I suggest creating a firebeetle similar to the little wasp things (firewasps, I think?) but bigger and flightless. And given the required phlebotinum to survive. Its "nectar" should be different than the wasps' nectar, perhaps a weapon, but the main use is as a beast of burden. And war animal. Imagine a beetle, 15 feet long and tall as a man, spewing its flaming nectar everywhere...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 11, 2013, 04:25:41 pm »

Champions. Plural.
Good point, I see it now, the tag team duo Laksus the werepire and Tiberius the plant golem AKA Team...any ideas on names, guys?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:30:00 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 11, 2013, 04:31:04 pm »

Hm, then we need one more champion... Maybe that girl with the fire boon? problem is that she is unexperienced and squashy...

Speaking of boons, I think now, when we have a steady mana income we should be more generous with boons...Several minor life boons could boost our farming considerably.

Another boon I'd like to add - Firejackets caretaker. Guy that can communicate with Firejackets, command them, help them to build nests , create nice sources of heat and so on. Fire boon centered around synergy with out fire bugs.

And one more boon, chaos one  - Oracle, something that any nice village should  have... Chaotic visions may be unreliable but still useful. Priest is a good candidate for that

And I dislike that - let's create more and more monsters.... Fire jackets, fungus spawn and plant soldiers are good enough both for defense and offense

I prefer to concentrate our efforts on worshipers, they are the base of our economy. 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 11, 2013, 04:39:12 pm »

Speaking of boons, I think now, when we have a steady mana income we should be more generous with boons...Several minor life boons could boost our farming considerably.
If we do that, let first boost Eldrick life boon to first Hokage level. We did boost Azula fire boon.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 11, 2013, 04:40:08 pm »

Beat me to it, shame my typing of the explanation went to waste. Also, don't forget that beetles can't live at huge sizes. They'd need to be completely redesigned to support more weight on their legs and breathe with a sort of respiratory system.

Champions. Plural.

Anyways, I suggest creating a firebeetle similar to the little wasp things (firewasps, I think?) but bigger and flightless. And given the required phlebotinum to survive. Its "nectar" should be different than the wasps' nectar, perhaps a weapon, but the main use is as a beast of burden. And war animal. Imagine a beetle, 15 feet long and tall as a man, spewing its flaming nectar everywhere...

So three main attributes for the blaze(fire)beetle is strength, endurance, and the ability to shoot out flaming nectar.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 11, 2013, 04:43:22 pm »

If we do that, let first boost Eldrick life boon to first Hokage level. We did boost Azula fire boon.
Agreed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 11, 2013, 05:25:24 pm »

I disagree on the beetle being too big. Horse/Ox size is big enough. It'll probably be relatively flat/short as far as mounts go, but far wider. Either way our dudes should know how to make them work.
We can use Ents for the truly large plans. They're like rooks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 11, 2013, 05:49:02 pm »

I disagree on the beetle being too big. Horse/Ox size is big enough. It'll probably be relatively flat/short as far as mounts go, but far wider. Either way our dudes should know how to make them work.
We can use Ents for the truly large plans. They're like rooks.
Whatever, I was just making up numbers.
Sig

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 11, 2013, 05:49:56 pm »

He's not loyal. He told us Mahir's plans. He's just... Trigger happy. He loves to kill. We should scold him, he shouldn't have attacked that village. Why, they're just people after all. They just worship the wrong god. What we need to do is convert, not kill.

Agreed.

+1

Champions. Plural.

So three main attributes for the blaze(fire)beetle is strength, endurance, and the ability to shoot out flaming nectar.

No, no, too many BUGS. We need a beast of burden. An actual beast.

Also Salamanders have always been aligned with the fire element. The six-legged ones anyway. They always found them around volcanoes, so they myths go. We should have battlemanders.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 11, 2013, 05:53:13 pm »

He's not disloyal. He told us Mahir's plans. He's just... Trigger happy. He loves to kill. We should scold him, he shouldn't have attacked that village. Why, they're just people after all. They just worship the wrong god. What we need to do is convert, not kill.
Fixed, and agreed.

No, no, too many BUGS. We need a beast of burden. An actual beast.

Also Salamanders have always been aligned with the fire element. The six-legged ones anyway. They always found them around volcanoes, so they myths go. We should have battlemanders.
True enough, but we already have the firejackets--modify a few of them, and we've got cheap flamebeetles.
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 11, 2013, 06:04:50 pm »

+1 to the salamanders

And GWG, we can find lizards.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 130