Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220898 times)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #285 on: January 08, 2013, 09:31:21 pm »

We might as well get as much stuff as we can from Maher. "Might I ask, who is this wonderful landscape designer? Anyway, would you be in favour of, perhaps, calling a truce and killing Grumugga together and splitting the spoils? The venture would give me more mana to work with and make our battles even more colossal and worthy of poems! Also, might I ask for any ideas about modifying the trees? Something wrong happened and my trees will not distinguish friend from foe, has that ever happened to your creatures?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 08, 2013, 09:35:34 pm »

Also: Can one person worship two gods?
Multiple Gods can be worshipped by one person, but the mana is divided equally between all deities involves and the soul goes to the God that their soul most resonates with (for example, a Pyromaniac would go to us, while a smith would likely go to Maher because of his Creation attribute.)
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 08, 2013, 09:38:11 pm »

Let's create a pantheon of gods! Maybe just like 3 or 4.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 08, 2013, 09:41:26 pm »

The orcs have no death fields, send a few experimental firejackets after them. If they are successful, send more.
No! The orcs are outside fighting the skeletons, we need them alive until the greater threat is gone.
Let them fight, skeletons are worse to deal with while orcs are easy for us.
Let them fight, while we fight the skellies as well. This death god made Hitler's blunder...
Godwin' law.
The Russia thing, not the Holocaust thing...
Dammit.

Anyways, I would also suggest mentioning the possibility of allying ourselves with Maher long enough to mash the mud golems, maybe longer if we can.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 08, 2013, 09:52:05 pm »

Why make an alliance with maher, a god who opposes us in both domain and deed? Why not ally its grommets, who was only annoyed with us for stopping some orcs from killing someone, is less intelligent, and we can beat more easily? Life beats earth and water both, but is also supported by it. Her mud golems can be turned to dirt by our heat, and her orcs are easy prey for just about everything we have.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 08, 2013, 09:56:02 pm »

We shouldn't make an alliance with Maher- the villagers would, if they saw a sign of it, see it as a betrayal, especially the priest, who we could probably use.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 08, 2013, 09:59:05 pm »

Chaos god can allow himself quite wild alliances and Maher looks like someone strong and the one who keep his word

Besides, we all know, that death can't exist without life, and death is a part of life. I see no conflict here
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 08, 2013, 10:05:51 pm »

It's not so much an alliance as "Stop killing us long enough so we can focus on the bigger threat, and we'll stop killing you long enough so you can focus on the bigger threat."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 08, 2013, 10:10:34 pm »

Orcs aren't bigger threat for any of us, It's just a bug that need to get squashed
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 08, 2013, 10:24:21 pm »

The mud golems sound like one. They'll squash the skeletons and villagers alike. Pretty much only Tiberius has ANY chance against them without some teamwork and sheer numbers, and he's outnumbered and half the size of those things.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 08, 2013, 10:28:49 pm »

...They're made of MUD. Firejackets can deal with them. Harden the mud...WOOPS looks like they're immobile...I know she's an earth god, but once they're hard we can use the vines to shatter them. Let them shatter the skeletons attack. He has a hundred.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 08, 2013, 10:30:20 pm »

...They're made of MUD. Firejackets can deal with them. Harden the mud...WOOPS looks like they're immobile...I know she's an earth god, but once they're hard we can use the vines to shatter them. Let them shatter the skeletons attack. He has a hundred.
You're assuming that that works. A. Lots of golems move when hardened. B. This includes the original Golem, of Prague, which was basically a glorified mud statue. C. Most piles of mud that size have moisture on the inside, too.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 08, 2013, 10:50:08 pm »

And you're assuming that the skeletons of Mahir would somehow be able to help us deal with them if we couldn't on our own.

If a golem is initially not hardened, I have doubts that they'd move once hardened. Remember how the FireJackets tunnel? We have them make nests in the golems...hehehe
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 08, 2013, 11:27:41 pm »

And you're assuming that the skeletons of Mahir would somehow be able to help us deal with them if we couldn't on our own.
If nothing else, distractions and cannon fodder.

If a golem is initially not hardened, I have doubts that they'd move once hardened.
Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on how animation magic works. Does animating a mud golem grant the animating force "control" over each molecule of the thing, or does it imbue a sort of pseudolife into the mud? Without more knowledge of the way it was made, we can't even hazard a guess. Besides, we know she's a goddess of Earth; if she invests a little mana, we've got Earth Golems attacking instead.

Remember how the FireJackets tunnel? We have them make nests in the golems...hehehe
And this helps us how? We've got a couple dozen bugs, they've got mud golems three stories high at least.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 08, 2013, 11:40:48 pm »

It'll get rid of the golem's internal moisture, while making fireproof nests in the future too!

We have 80 of them. That's not a 'couple dozen'. And they're each about the size of a tarantula. That's a lot of pretty big flaming bugs.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 130