Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220897 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2013, 07:39:38 pm »

They dies suddenly so they could not send their souls to us.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2013, 07:42:17 pm »

It wn't a ritual sacrifice.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2013, 07:44:29 pm »

That has disturbing implications about how this universe works.
Do they just cease to be? Or is there an afterlife of some sort?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2013, 07:45:00 pm »

It wn't a ritual sacrifice.
That the word I couldn't spell and gave up on.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 08, 2013, 08:42:22 pm »

I think it just means their life energy isn't turned into mana, and their souls go to a generic afterlife, since we don't have one yet.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 08, 2013, 08:44:49 pm »

Hmmm, i wonder if asking our people to capture some orcs or maybe even some priests for ritual sacrifice to us would be too much to ask.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 08, 2013, 08:48:37 pm »

...chaos is not evil, jbg. I am very adamant about this. We will not become an evil god, especially when we have Life as a domain.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2013, 08:50:27 pm »

Yes, but the orcs and Maher's priests are evil. We're killing them anyway, why not get some mana from it?
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2013, 09:09:04 pm »

As soon as Tiberius is done with the skeletons, send him to those clerics that are weakening our barrier. I wish we had more mana, we need a champion of life to get through the death barriers.

Aaaand... Godwin point.

I guess the wall is too thick to stab through. (a decent wall is several meters thick)

I'm also in favor of letting them fight, it can only work in our favor. Do stricktly nothing besides regrouping, cleaning out the village, healing the wounded with fire nectar and preventing anything to enter uninvited.

Chuckle at the older Grumugga being basically called a toddler, while we, only weeks old, are reffered as an "adult".
Also apologize for the orcs being killed. Again. They were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Again.

And damn, those are proper gods. I'm glad Maher is the playful type...

EDIT: Damn the three four ninjas!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Tiberius," you say, projecting your voice to his hearing alone. "Clerics are weakening the wall from the outside, I need you to move outside and put a quick end to them. I have absolute confidence in you."

Tiberius let out a bark of laughter and bull rushed the skeletons attacking him, the wall snapping closed behind him. Clearing a path with a blast of flame, he charged around the outside of the wall. "Two dead clerics, coming right up," he roared.

The cleric nearest him saw him coming and leveled a finger at him. An orb of darkness erupted out of it, hurtling towards Tiberius - and impacting uselessly on his armor with a *fizzle*ing sound. The cleric blinked, and then laughed scornfully. "It matters not," he shouted at the Chaos Golem. "Come near me and die, monster!"

As the cleric's charred corpse hit the ground, the other cleric made an incomprehensible gulping sound, turned on his heel, and fled into the forest.

He collapsed before he made it past the first tree, his flesh sloughing off with decay and flickers of electricity. "And thus are cowards duly rewarded," Maher's voice announced with a wild laugh. The laughter only rose in volume as a fresh torrent of lightning stabbed at the orc army.

Tiberius, meanwhile, charged the skeletons trying to get in through the damage the two clerics had caused with a roar of challenge, met with an answering cry from behind the wall as the villagers fought on with increased resolve.

Something draws your attention from all the confusion that the battle had devolved into, the two corpses of the slain villagers are glowing with golden light that is slowly rising towards you. You zoom down to meet it, and receive the souls of the two followers. "Haven't constructed your own afterlife, have you," Maher observes, the murmur sounding close by. "You should really consider it, it's such a bother manually collecting souls. I can recommend a fantastic landscape designer, in fact."

Grumugga's furious scream resounds from the center of the ongoing melee, and Maher sighed. "Excuse me," he said, and his presence vanished, reappearing over the battlefield. "I'm curious," he asked, projecting his voice to everyone in range. "Was your master plan to drown us all in ork blood?"
"Not only that," Grumugga's voice bellowed back triumphantly. "Behold my trump card!"

Gigantic figures came into view from the gloom of the forest, each twice as large as Tiberius and roughly ork shaped. And...rather brown.
"Mud Golems?" Maher sputtered. "Seriously? God of Earth and Water and that's what you go with?"

The Mud Golems slopped forward, attempting to reinforce the (few) surviving orks. The group of 4 Maher clerics turned to join the battle, flinging spheres flickering with equal parts Death and Lightning.

You take a moment to access the village - there's still sizeable dead-ish spots in the wall, but the vast majority of the skeletons within had been disposed of. However, nearly all the defenders were at least minorly wounded, the worst off of them clutching the stump where his hand used to be.

Eldrick finishes off the last of the skeletons near him and yells, "Barricade the dead spots, now!"

What do you do? The twenty wounded firejackets seem to have recovered, and join their fellows as they swarm above the village.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 08, 2013, 09:11:13 pm »

Have eldrick repair the dead spots in the hedge or at least as many as possible.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 08, 2013, 09:12:37 pm »

Enter negotiations with Maher. Urist mcOrc is annoying, we should work together to exterminate her and then split the loot. Then return to murdering each other.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 08, 2013, 09:13:56 pm »

Stop trying to deal with maher! He isn't going to go for it!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 08, 2013, 09:21:12 pm »

He seems like a gentleman. Plus, if he does go for it and we strike an agreement then who knows what good will come from it?

Also: Can one person worship two gods?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 08, 2013, 09:26:05 pm »

Here's my plan for an afterlife:
We don't have one. Well, not a metaphysical 'you die and end up in heaven' deal.
No, my plan is that we create a bigass tree. Like a sort of beacon for our follower's souls. When they get consumed by it, they are reborn as something entirely different and unique(possibly with fire powers) to how they lived their lives before. A friendly chaos spawn creating tree, if you will.
Though, lets make a generic forest of metaphysical peace for anyone who doesn't feel like being reborn.

Anyway, far more relevant to the stuff at hand: consolidate our forces and barricade. Let Maher and the orc god smash their forces together. We can clean up anything that's left, if Maher doesn't give us a good reason to spare his priests. We may also want to point out to him that lightning and death rays might not work so well on mud golems, despite how cruddy they are.
Also, the guy missing his hand. He needs a new one. Make it happen.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 08, 2013, 09:29:43 pm »

Why not try to make a deal with Maher? It's not like it will hurt us if he'll disagree.

Try to negotiate a truce or, better, long term alliance.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 130