Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 7: Opposite Day]  (Read 5170 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 5: Malleable]
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2013, 09:10:07 am »

Turn 6: "Hellish Death Pit"

Create long legged deer-like that feed on the marsh grass.
[5] You create very long-legged, graceful deer-like creatures, hopping here and there to nibble on grasses.

Create iron ore boulders throughout my land.  Have the goblins discover it.  Let them know that should they attempt to do anything frivolous or altruistic with it, there will be consequences. 
[3] You create a metal with the properties of low-grade iron and spread it throughout your lands. You don't get around to instructing the goblins in its use.

Mediate an understanding between the Nosferatu Plants and the Curinam - for the Nosferatu Plants to obtain blood from the apes consistently and without fail, they must give their berries to them in order for them to survive and multiply. The Curinam must give some of their blood to the Nosferatu Plants to get berries and not die horribly in the process.

See if they go for this idea.

[2] Neither side's having any of that, other than realizing they could keep the other side as slaves.

Oh, there's only one, the orb.

Lab out of the pit! Roll gods be merciful! Orb down the pit!
[6][1] You fuse your lab into the Death Pit, resulting in a hellish suspension in the lifesucking void.

[2] You also wobble the ball free to roll around a bit in the sky.

"Nearly liquid at room temperature, eh? I'll just have to make something cold then."

Create icy little men to live in my bog.
[1] You create cackling little living embers, dancing around and setting things alight.

Coulda sworn I had posted here...

1:  Further explore the concept of getting soul power into the ground.

2:  If sufficient understanding, seed the ground with the soul power.  Otherwise, research a Spell that allows me to tap ambient energy fields to increase my own power.
[5] Ah, there we go. You successfully grasp the art of dragging a creature's soul- and more importantly its power- into the earth once it has died.

[3] Unfortunately it doesn't take especially well- only some is leeched down, with the rest going to waste.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 6: "Hellish Death Pit"]
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, 10:11:11 am »

Next door to my tidepool, create a vast ocean.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2013, 10:37:43 am »

Pave over the pit. Don't fill it in, just make sure it's not visible. Put a magical siphon above it, and make the lab, again, pretty far away.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2013, 10:56:14 am »

Grant the Curinam the ability to shapeshift.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 12:17:01 pm »

Pave over the pit. Don't fill it in, just make sure it's not visible. Put a magical siphon above it, and make the lab, again, pretty far away.

Your rolls are horrible.  Maybe just start doing the opposite of what you want.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, 12:23:04 pm »

Your rolls are horrible.  Maybe just start doing the opposite of what you want.

That never works. Ever.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2013, 12:28:20 pm »

Construct a Settlement for my drones so that they can mine this soul energy for me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2013, 01:41:06 pm »

"Why does everything that I do go horribly wrong? First the traproots, then the shamblers, then the silverflow, and now these things! I wanted a bog of little men, not an elemental plane... wait a sec, maybe that's not a bad thing!"

Make my bog mildly volcanic, so that it consists of hot-springs rather than ordinary pools of water.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2013, 02:16:12 pm »

Compared to some other players, your rolls aren't that bad.  Are you guys able to interact with one another in game?  I'd start making alliances and pooling your magic together.  It might help counteract all those bad rolls.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2013, 02:25:29 pm »

Compared to some other players, your rolls aren't that bad.  Are you guys able to interact with one another in game?  I'd start making alliances and pooling your magic together.  It might help counteract all those bad rolls.
Mentally my character could handle a alliance with Tooma Ebenon (Spinal). Everyone else is a backstabber or evil.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2013, 07:11:11 pm »

Teach the goblins the ways of metalworking and war. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2013, 01:54:15 am »

Turn 7: Opposite Day

Next door to my tidepool, create a vast ocean.
[2] You create a very moisture-filled plain.

[3] You pave over the pit, though it sags kind of suspiciously due to lack of support. Erm, well. You don't get around to the magical siphon.

[1] You create another lab suspended in a deathpit. This one's less elaborate and lacks the death ball, but maybe you could get the deathball to float over sometime?

Grant the Curinam the ability to shapeshift.
[5] You grant the Curinam the ability to shift themselves at will. It's a handy ability for hiding from hungry Nosferatu Plants.

Construct a Settlement for my drones so that they can mine this soul energy for me.
[1] The drones begin worshiping the energy in the ground as their sacred ancestors, and even create a temple village to do so.

"Why does everything that I do go horribly wrong? First the traproots, then the shamblers, then the silverflow, and now these things! I wanted a bog of little men, not an elemental plane... wait a sec, maybe that's not a bad thing!"

Make my bog mildly volcanic, so that it consists of hot-springs rather than ordinary pools of water.
[1] You freeze your bog over. Only lightly, but still.

Teach the goblins the ways of metalworking and war. 
[6][1] The goblins think all the stuff you're telling them about sounds unpleasant, and so master the arts of being naturalist pacifists.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 7: Opposite Day]
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2013, 03:11:01 am »

Make the pit less collapsing. Throw a magical siphon in.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2013, 03:13:11 am »

Teach the Curinam the art of war so that they may fight their plant adversaries more effectively.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:48:26 am by Harry Baldman »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2013, 03:47:31 am »

Create trees on the Dewplains(grass as well if I can)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6