Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 7: Opposite Day]  (Read 5178 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 3: Hate]
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2013, 10:49:56 pm »

Seed the region with Soul Energy, that it may seep into the ground and attract souls of those who die from around the realms.  I should be (soon) able to use this soul energy to empower my spells.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 3: Hate]
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 08:38:54 am »

Turn 4: Desire to Feed

Grant the plants, which shall henceforth be named the Nosferatu Plants, true sentience.
[5] The Nosferatu Plants come alive with malignant sentience, casting about for warm-blooded victims but finding none. They begin to plot and scheme amongst themselves, but none can think of a way to gain access to delicious prey.

Vanish the water, if that small enough to count as a minor action, create deer-like animals that feed on the desert shrubs.
[4] You manage to pile up some regions by dredging out others, resulting in slightly raised sandbars everywhere. They're still too moist for desert plants to do very well in, though.

Create goblins, under my command, have them domesticate the dire honey badgers.  Leave them to build a civilization, under my careful eye.
[5] You create vaguely-defined goblins, but they're very nice. You don't get around to instructing them to tame or build anything.

Try and move both of them lower into the pit.
[2] You push the orb free. It now bobs a bit in place.

[4] You also relocate your lab to the bottom of the pit, or more precisely to a hollowed-out dome at the bottom of the pit.

Create monstrous stilt-legged birds which feed on the flying traproots and hunt the stone things to use bits of them as gizzard stones.
[4] You indeed create monstrous stilt-legged birds. They tend to have trouble taking down stone things, but packs of them can usually chip off enough to serve as gizzard stones.

Of course, traproots aren't especially filling, so the birds tend to spend a lot of time foraging and aren't very numerous.

Seed the region with Soul Energy, that it may seep into the ground and attract souls of those who die from around the realms.  I should be (soon) able to use this soul energy to empower my spells.
[2] You find that this requires a fair amount of advanced planning, and so manage to come up with soil that sucks bones in slightly faster than normal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 4: Desire to Feed]
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2013, 08:44:44 am »

Create a race of sentient ape people, the Curinam. Tell them to stay put for now.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2013, 08:45:40 am »

Nice?  What do you mean nice? 

Tell them to domesticate the dire honey badgers. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2013, 08:48:59 am »

I mean they're very well-made, whatever they are. Arguably that could be the exact opposite of nice, but it's kind of hard to say, isn't it?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2013, 09:44:18 am »

create plants that do well in wet sands(beaches?)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2013, 12:35:19 pm »

Tooma frowned at his mistake. Maybe souls did age. Didn't matter though, he moved to correct it.
Move the lab back up beside the pit, put the eldritch dark artifacts at the bottom of the pit.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2013, 03:37:18 pm »

Create a hard and durable metal and scatter this new substance throughout my bog.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2013, 03:46:26 am »

Turn 5: Malleable

Create a race of sentient ape people, the Curinam. Tell them to stay put for now.
[3] You create a race of intelligent chimps. They're fairly strong but small, and not very clever by humanoid standards.

They also have nothing to eat. The Nosferatu Plants are less unfortunate.

Nice?  What do you mean nice? 

Tell them to domesticate the dire honey badgers. 
[4] Your goblins successfully figure out how to domesticate dire honey badgers. Technology gained.

create plants that do well in wet sands(beaches?)
[3] You create sparse marsh grass, growing in stunted clusters here and there.

Tooma frowned at his mistake. Maybe souls did age. Didn't matter though, he moved to correct it.
Move the lab back up beside the pit, put the eldritch dark artifacts at the bottom of the pit.
[2] You raise your lab so that the glass dome fits snugly into the bottom of the pit.

You forget what eldritch dark artifacts you're talking about.

Create a hard and durable metal and scatter this new substance throughout my bog.
[1] You create silverflow, a metal that bends to the slightest touch, being almost liquid even at normal temperatures.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster gets a free action.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 5: Malleable]
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2013, 03:52:45 am »

Create long legged deer-like that feed on the marsh grass.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, 04:04:40 am »

Create iron ore boulders throughout my land.  Have the goblins discover it.  Let them know that should they attempt to do anything frivolous or altruistic with it, there will be consequences. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2013, 10:08:49 am »

Mediate an understanding between the Nosferatu Plants and the Curinam - for the Nosferatu Plants to obtain blood from the apes consistently and without fail, they must give their berries to them in order for them to survive and multiply. The Curinam must give some of their blood to the Nosferatu Plants to get berries and not die horribly in the process.

See if they go for this idea.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2013, 10:34:04 am »

Oh, there's only one, the orb.

Lab out of the pit! Roll gods be merciful! Orb down the pit!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 02:52:25 pm »

"Nearly liquid at room temperature, eh? I'll just have to make something cold then."

Create icy little men to live in my bog.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, 06:05:37 pm »

Coulda sworn I had posted here...

1:  Further explore the concept of getting soul power into the ground.

2:  If sufficient understanding, seed the ground with the soul power.  Otherwise, research a Spell that allows me to tap ambient energy fields to increase my own power.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6