Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What empire do we play as?

GWG's Psychic mindcrabs (Mindstealing crablike beings)
- 5 (12.5%)
Jbg97's Proelium Empire of Cassigans. (Warlike humanoids)
- 6 (15%)
GotdamnMiracles Ajacet (Warlike, semisuicidal Insectoid race)
- 6 (15%)
SoHowAreyou's Obin (Cybernetic Technocracy)
- 7 (17.5%)
I'manelfColaborator Harbringers (Anthrompomorphic semitribal internally divided crows)
- 1 (2.5%)
Ardas United Earth federation
- 4 (10%)
Ukranian Ranger's Order of life (Human space hippy elves)
- 7 (17.5%)
Rolepgeek Unified societies (Pascifistic aquatic beings)
- 4 (10%)
Option I
- 0 (0%)
Option J
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves  (Read 25035 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Machinations (Looking for players. Empire submission closed)
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2013, 05:54:05 pm »

Speech of the Duke of Mars

" Your Highness, Holy council, Dukes and guild representatives let me present my project

I think that our race would benefit greatly from construction of the new battlestar on Mars orbit. Firstly, we need to establish security of Sol, in case if Vitality will be needed elsewhere.  Mars is Ideal to defend The Holy Terra from any enemy coming from outside of system
Secondly we have enough asteroids in The Asteroid Belt to move them to Mars orbit and build a battle station around them
Thirdly, Industry of Mars is close, that would benefit the construction greatly
Fourthly, Shipwrights of Terra need job
Fifthly, That will make new homes for the poor souls that lost their homes om Holy Terra and give chance for other to change their lifestyle to a more pious: space-based
Sixthly, As a ruler of the new battle-station (Should our great King let me rule on the new orbital station), I would happily grant 25% of the space for the guild of thinkers. (I should note, that Shipwrights rights should be respected)
We need many ships to move the asteroids
You should get the project pf ship in your email. Thank you for your attention. Let Terra's blessing be on us!

Public part of the Project:
Name: Gatekeeper
Max population: 100 millions
Agriculture: 1 Nutrient generator
Structure: Quite low tech, mainly joined mined out asteroids with few more advanced materials in key places and some standard modules  when it's needed
Engines: Rudimentary, to stay on the orbit
Power generation: Fusion with + few solar panels as emergency
Armaments: Large caliber, powerful pulse lasers with top tech targeting, Point defense chemical artillery
Armor: Light, but important modules stored inside large rocks
Civilian\Military parts. 40\60
Living quarters:
Barracks: 20 millions
Poor : 40 millions
Standard: 30 millions
Comfortable: 9.5 millions
Luxurious: 500 000

Even without aid I will start the construction using all economical resources I can get, should I get permission from the king and if Shipwrights agree to build the station
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:36:56 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2013, 06:32:03 pm »

Um...I'll submit an action once I know what, exactly, those numbers you gave me mean and what, exactly, I can do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2013, 06:49:33 pm »

Interesting... If we will get attacked by a hostile race, will pirates rebels and the government unite?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2013, 06:57:11 pm »

"My lords and fellows of the Holy Convene((theocratic council)), we face imminent disaster. Our nutrient generators cannot supply the sustenance for our people, and they grow restless. Blasphemers construct farms, fearful of starvation, but without any guidance from our most holy clergy, their heretical constructions endanger the environment to an extreme degree. But the ban on farming is not the answer. I do not propose we make it legal, regardless of what my political rivals may believe. I propose exceptions. I propose changes to the law, not the breaking of scripture.
"I propose we allow, nay, assist the Hunter's in their sacred duty. They will find these traitors, and execute them, preferably in public, as a warning. But do not destroy their farms outright. Deconstruct their designs, pull it apart. Use the material anew. Terra has a ravaged ecosystem, less thn 1 in every 1000 of it's species still alive. But we face a ravaged economy. And so I propose at, with the higher technology levels our Thinkers and Machine Prophets have blessed us with, I say we go to Venus. The heat could not be borne before, and atmospheric conditioners broke under the strain. But now, we can create heat-shielded domes without any human action. Drones may build them for us; indeed, they could perform the task I ask for the planet to be used.
"Use the farm supplies. Construct new ones upon the Venusian surface. The heat will aid in the life's growth, and we can harvest that which dies. We could genetically engineer life to conform to the planet's environment, creating ecosystem's where there were none. But we are animals too. We require sustenance as any other creature. Are we to die of starvation, waiting for the less considerate members of our race to destroy what is left without any to stop them? Should we dwindle away into nothing, only for a different space faring race to destroy us and our slar system with strip mining? No! It would be greater folly to let ourselves be destroyed simply because we make no use of the materials at hand. Only two planets in the Sol system have even the capability to support life. Terra has a destroyed ecosystem, while Mars is barely starting. We need to supply our people before they mutiny against us, starving and desperate, where they will do far greater harm than we ever could.
"On a separate matter, we are desperate for resources. Mining operations on our home planet and it's d neighbor should not be stopped. Not immediately. We need to begin operations to abandon the planets to their own devices, I allow Martian life to flourish unimpeded, and the destroyed environment of Terra to recover. But this will take time, and we need materials in that time. I propose we increase the harvesting and mining operations on the planets devoid of life or the ability to support it. Do we care for the well being of rocks? Of corpses? No. So why should we attempt to keep safe that which does not exist? Jupiter does not have an environment. It has gas and moons. Pluto does not have an environment. It has rock and frozen air. The survival of humanity comes before all else, I am afraid to say, because if we do not survive, it matters not whether we do or do not keep Terra's surface from burning, for another species would simply do so once we were gone.
"As for the Thinkers, let them have their station. The Shipwrights' guild is too dangerous, and too powerful. A monopoly on the construction of ships? What if they were to fall victim to heresy and traitorous insurrection? How would we combat them? Monopolies can only spell doom for economies and ecosystems alike. No animal or plant has complete control of a niche or environment, after all. Those that do grow complacent, they do not evolve. Without evolution, another takes it's place. Only competition can ensure competency.
"As our final matter of discussion, I nominate myself for the position of High Lord of Naval Arms for the W-359 system. We all know my experience and worth, and my abilities with recruits. My battle-scars are plain to see. The training regimen obviously needs work, as does the clergy's oversight of the matter...I know they watch me carefully anyway, for I preach revolutionary ideas, far removed from the propositions and needs of our ancestor prophets. But this is a different time. And their watch will be welcomed to ensure the faith and loyalty of new cadets."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2013, 07:08:15 pm »

Interesting... If we will get attacked by a hostile race, will pirates rebels and the government unite?
No.
That requires common sense.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2013, 08:18:19 pm »

Duke of Mars jumped out of his seat

"Your Highness, How can you allow a blasphemer to offer things like that?  Genetic engineering? That's what led our race to the brink of destruction! You can't abuse life more. It's hard to find a bigger sin than that. Some scholars may argue about possibility of limited terraforming of lifeless planet to spread the gift of life, but every sane believer will agree that gathering corpses is a form of farming and stealing life from a planted. Even hydroponic farms on orbit of the Mercury offered by members of the fungal heresy is less blasphemous than that
True, some food problems do exist, but that can be solved by more efficient recycling and better nutrients production technologies.

Also, everyone knows my opinion on the matter of resource mining, many blame me for a being a sinner just because I am a planetary ruler. We can't stop mining. Not because importance of comfortable lives. I would happily live from a resources gathered at small bodies. But Empire is full with heretics, rebels and pirates, we need resources to expand our Navy and upgrade Battlestars. I am feeling pain every time when new materials are extracted from the glorious Mars. I beg for his forgivenesses
Saying that we need to no care about gasses and Jupiter is... is... I can't find words. You rob the planet, you harm it's body, you mess with the Creators plan, True, they don't have life, but how can you say that this will stay true for billions of years?
I must  point out, that your claim about growing rebellion on the Mars is insulting. My subjects are loyal to me, and I am loyal to the Crown

As for taking the monopoly from Shipwrighter. We all know that there are more than one  one shipwright in the kingdom and the Crown can add as many as it pleases. If Thinkers want that research station, they may hire anyone from the Shipwright guild. I hope that thinkers have a noble in their ranks that have a right to order and rule such a station

Letting random people to build ships will lead to the situation when commoners will start to own and command ships.

And the last. Armed forces of W-359 are way to important to let unloyal commanders to lead it.  I nominate sir Borion on that role. He has required experience and rank

OOC: BTW, officially Pluto is not a planet, just a very large asteroid so it's perfectly fine to mine... If you look at stats list of planets ends at Neptune
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:28:39 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2013, 09:02:47 pm »

Pluto is a dwarf planet. You can't mine it. You monster.

Seriously, how the hell did we choose these morons? Elves are one thing, but complete MORONS is another. "There might be life on Jupiter in a few billion years!" Ugh.
Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2013, 09:12:16 pm »

Life cannot form on jupiter because it's pressure is so great as the compress hydrogen gas into a metallic liquid. Life aint forming there... EVER.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2013, 09:24:09 pm »

A-duh. Reread that last post, the bit about why we can't use the resources of the gas giants...
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 06, 2013, 09:36:51 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2013, 09:39:23 pm »

(( I don't mind the system for this game or the faction, I'm a pirate it just means that I get the advantage since I don't have to follow them rules and can mine any planet I like for what I need. ))

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2013, 09:47:35 pm »

Voss addressing his people,

Brothers! Sisters! A new age is dawning. The age of the conservationist. The rest of humanity is blinded by their thick religion or kept weak under the boot of the royal military. No longer. This day another fleet flies through the aether of space to bring back more. More to keep the lifeblood of our home pumping. On the home from I have ordered the production of a laboratory. This way the taming of our meager plants can become a booming industry  through genetic manipulation and also so we may develop alongside our competitors, but separate from them. With the help and strength of our scholars and scientists we will no longer ration and progress from no longer surviving on scraps but separating ourselves from these zealotic wafes and becoming our own breed, not weakened by the sapping qualities of the void. We will fulfill the role That mainstream humanity has left wide open. Brothers and sisters we must, only for a short time longer, ration before the laboratory is running but when it is we will begin work and revolutionize our agricultural infrastructure, together!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:02:34 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2013, 09:55:01 pm »

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT FUCKING GAME WERE PLAYING ANYMORE.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2013, 09:55:23 pm »

"Genetic engineering is what allows you and I to sit here discussing this without being harmed by the lack of gravity. Genetic engineering did NOT lead our planet into the rut it is now. Genetic engineering is only harmful when abused. Every true believer would believe that letting those corpses rot, when scavengers are all but extinct, is a waste of life. If we wish to speak about stealing life from a planet, we humans leaving Holy Terra is 'stealing life'.
"We've been improving our nutrient generators and recyclers for decades now, and the problem is still here. We need new methods!
Malderik sighs, looks at his arm, and looks directly at the Duke.

"Let me ask you something. Would you be willing to die for the Order? I am. My soldiers are. The souls of my ships are. But would you? Would you starve, and let your family starve, so that the ecosystem could survive? Because I could. I haven't eaten for two days now. Many of my men have gone longer. Because of the shortage. But no, you live comfortably in your Martian palaces, sipping synthi-tea and eating nutrient paste. While I'm willing, I'd rather not. If those loyal to the crown die for our land, the traitorous and the blasphemous will create farms and factory's just like before, burning the life of the world, stripping it of it's soul. I will not let that happen while I yet breathe.
"We need resources far more than you would presume, you bloa- gah. You don't realize the true issue, do you? We have SCIENCE. The clergy itself accepts these practices. Jupiter does NOT have the materials or the environment capable of supporting life, unless you consider lightning and hydrogen clouds to be alive. The Creators created US. Did they mean for us to starve in metal boxes, when sustenance is a scant few miles away?"
Slams his bionic fist into the table.
"It is not a claim! Unrest is growing! This. Is. FACT! Riots grow more common every day, the number of heretics is only increasing and people starve in their homes! We must change, or die! We must evolve, like any other organism. We need more food, or we will die. Humans are predators; it is a fact. But we hide in the shadows, not to hunt, but to die. And don't you dare bring up the fungus heresy as if you knew more than I. Have you forgotten this?" Shows bionic arm. "I know about the martian rebellion. I know that a similar treason is being prepared on every planet and ship. And in order to prevent it, we must change.
"We are an ecosystem like any other; a larger one which spans star systems, but an ecosystem nonetheless. And to get resources is a necessity for it to function. Does a mountain lion 'steal' when it kills and eats a rat? Is a tree stealing from the planet in extracting nutrients from it's soil? No. Because in the end it will die, and return to the ground. Just as our ships wear out and we scrap them, the metals being reused or returned to the planet as wreckage.
"There are others than the shipwrights, that is true. But what if they were to fall to treason? Their shipyards keep our vessels supplied and maintained. Should they become heretics, all the people on those ships would either fall to the blasphemy or die. Whereas if others take a part, even should one or two groups fall from grace, the others will be able to keep up. Sir Borion, meanwhile, is an incompetent fool who couldn't tell a plasma rifle from a railgun. I've met him. I know. Quite good with logistics, but useless in the field."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2013, 10:01:14 pm »

Disregard.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:07:39 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22