Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863379 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #15330 on: December 14, 2014, 04:04:58 pm »

For the gun users out there, what ammo types do you find yourself gravitating towards and what types do you end up pulling apart for crafting resources?
My favorite is .45 because of the power, for pistols, and whatever the best rifle I have is, usually the Savage or a .50cal though for small primer I usually do 9mm and .22 because it's super cheap and you can build up huge reserves of the stuff, then find an SMG and go full auto on 9mm and don't even care.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15331 on: December 14, 2014, 04:19:58 pm »

So, who else is utterly annoyed by the Flaming Eyes? :I Just randomly pop up and utterly destroy an entire town. What the hell?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15332 on: December 14, 2014, 04:34:39 pm »

For the gun users out there, what ammo types do you find yourself gravitating towards and what types do you end up pulling apart for crafting resources?
In my current game; .44 for handguns, .223 for rifles supplemented by good ol' buckshot. I just pull apart anything I can't use.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15333 on: December 14, 2014, 05:06:39 pm »

I dont take appart much except shotgun ammo. I dont use much shotgun rounds, and even then its mostly just slugs.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #15334 on: December 15, 2014, 12:25:27 pm »

Just walked into a room and saw this:

Didn't know zombies threw parties.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #15335 on: December 15, 2014, 01:24:29 pm »

And that is why I always carry a grenade of some kind on me. Sure, one can solve this situation by running away or leading them to a bottleneck, but those solutions are not fun enough.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15336 on: December 15, 2014, 01:40:40 pm »

Fire is also good for things like that.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15337 on: December 15, 2014, 01:55:50 pm »

And that is why I always carry a grenade of some kind on me.
He might have stumbled upon a party, but tossing a grenade would invite the whole neighborhood so I would be hood to bring more than one :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15338 on: December 15, 2014, 02:19:09 pm »

And that is why I always carry a grenade of some kind on me.
He might have stumbled upon a party, but tossing a grenade would invite the whole neighborhood so I would be hood to bring more than one :P
I'll second Aseaheru and suggest molotovs or incendiary grenades.  The best weapon is the one that spreads on its own.  Solves the problem of extra party-crashers, too.  ^_^

Though it's a good idea to keep an escape route open, like the one you took to get in.  First time I weaponized fire was against a nest of black widows in a basement, and I completely underestimated how fast the webs would go up.  I got out alive, but only barely, and missing half my clothes.  Fun thing I learned from that: even if you keep a loaded gun in an ankle holster and walk through a small fire, the ammunition won't necessarily cook off.  Thank heavens for that little bit of luck; if it had, I'd probably have lost a foot at the minimum.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15339 on: December 15, 2014, 02:43:45 pm »

How do the minireactors work in cars? Does it simply use up plutonium to add to the cars electricity pool, or is the plutonium it's own electricity pool that the car draws from? Is it worth adding more than one minireactor (assuming you could find them)?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15340 on: December 15, 2014, 03:25:47 pm »

How do the minireactors work in cars? Does it simply use up plutonium to add to the cars electricity pool, or is the plutonium it's own electricity pool that the car draws from? Is it worth adding more than one minireactor (assuming you could find them)?
You can turn it on to start recharging the batteries. I don't see the point in having more than one.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15341 on: December 15, 2014, 03:42:53 pm »

Plutonium is consumed to provide electrical charge to batteries mounted on the vehicle.  When the charge drops low enough, one whole plutonium will be consumed, but only when it drops low enough that no energy would be wasted.  It's effectively the same as a gasoline engine and alternator, except it's one item and it uses plutonium instead of gas.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15342 on: December 15, 2014, 03:51:47 pm »

Thanks. I found a minireactor, and combined with the plutonium I usually collect and never use, I can put it to good use.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15343 on: December 15, 2014, 07:45:14 pm »

So, what's up with the newest flaming eyes? They apparently see me through 3 houses with sniperrifle range and precisions and with a beam of light turn everything in their path into rubble but only deafen me.... a beam of light deafening me and turning houses into rubble. Sounds bugged.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #15344 on: December 15, 2014, 07:50:25 pm »

No, I think that's actually working as intended. Flaming eyes are weird.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1086