Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863303 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #15315 on: December 14, 2014, 04:16:34 am »

In my humble opinion, if a hulk is strong enough to SMASH THROUGH A STONE WALL, its bones and sinew are more than strong enough for use.
Idk, some zombie fiction has zombies with no limits on their strength, so they end up breaking all their bones, moving with whatever added organism is inside their body.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15316 on: December 14, 2014, 04:52:41 am »

What? There's someone willing to work on worldgen code? More power to him!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15317 on: December 14, 2014, 05:32:53 am »

angle?

i know this is a bit outside your jurisdiction (z-levels and all) but if you could hack in something akin to a hill in which i can dig my minifortress without forfeiting simulating the overworld

yeah that'd be great

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15318 on: December 14, 2014, 06:40:41 am »

Also, I know it's not exactly what you want to focus on, but curing cancer would be great.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15319 on: December 14, 2014, 06:59:43 am »

cancer? naw man, just figure out a way to fix the whole slime infestation with level 3 first aid, a matchbook and some rolling paper

i meant more along the lines of "big circular mounds of wall" but come to think of it yeah no

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15320 on: December 14, 2014, 09:06:38 am »

Ahh, it's always nice to hear about somebody willing to contribute to this amazing game.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15321 on: December 14, 2014, 11:46:55 am »

For the gun users out there, what ammo types do you find yourself gravitating towards and what types do you end up pulling apart for crafting resources?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #15322 on: December 14, 2014, 01:10:24 pm »

Slowly clearing a basement of black widow spiders by leading them under a garage door. Makes quite a mess and destroys the chitin, but I'd rather not get within melee distance of one.

It warms my heart to see Dwarven tactics and technology being put to good use.

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #15323 on: December 14, 2014, 03:02:01 pm »

Slowly clearing a basement of black widow spiders by leading them under a garage door. Makes quite a mess and destroys the chitin, but I'd rather not get within melee distance of one.

It warms my heart to see Dwarven tactics and technology being put to good use.
The doors, while effective, are nowhere near as powerful as a proper dwarven atom smasher, they cannot immediately gib anything above 30 or so HP, and take a long time to open, leaving you very vulnerable to further attack. (I had to draw only one or two spiders at a time, since there were only two garage doors. If there were more spiders than doors, the surviving bugs could very well get a few hits on me while I open the door.)
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15324 on: December 14, 2014, 03:17:00 pm »

I cleared out a basement of black widows by hitting them with a fire axe... and not a single one granted any chitin.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #15325 on: December 14, 2014, 03:19:17 pm »

You need some survival skill to get certain butchery yields. What's your character's Survival?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15326 on: December 14, 2014, 03:35:26 pm »

I believe it was at level 5 at the time
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15327 on: December 14, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »

For the gun users out there, what ammo types do you find yourself gravitating towards and what types do you end up pulling apart for crafting resources?

It's pretty random depending on what guns I get and how much I end up needing to shoot things. I usually wind up with some kind of .22 rifle for small game hunting and a savage 111F for anything that poses a threat. Make sure you save all the grenade canisters you get so you can reload them as buckshot. Canister buckshot can be loaded into underslung grenade launchers and splatters mi-go, negating the need for an emergency shotgun.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #15328 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:38 pm »

I checked the wiki, and as it turns out, black widows lack the flag to yield chitin. Bug, or design choice?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #15329 on: December 14, 2014, 03:54:02 pm »

angle?

i know this is a bit outside your jurisdiction (z-levels and all) but if you could hack in something akin to a hill in which i can dig my minifortress without forfeiting simulating the overworld

yeah that'd be great

Funnily enough, I have some code that could theoretically do that - I put it together with the aim of eliminating the "Teleporter Pad" style stairs. If properly implemented, you could have hills where if you approach them from the slope, you can just walk up- but when you get to the cliff, you have to climb or jump down. It's also great for infinite hallways and other no euclidean geometry. You can see a demo if you check out the Perplexicon thread in my sig and check the last post. Or by just clicking here.

I won't be implementing that in cataclysm anytime soon, though, cause that would require massive rewrites. Maybe later.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 04:03:50 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1086