Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862440 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14415 on: November 12, 2014, 03:28:18 pm »

Find longer ranged weapons or stay the heck away from shockers.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14416 on: November 12, 2014, 03:44:42 pm »

Some pages back I had a shocker hulk stun me 15 turns to death from full before i really saw it. Yeah. it's BS.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14417 on: November 12, 2014, 03:46:47 pm »

Also, if you're fighting a shocker in melee, wear rubber gloves or don't use a metal weapon.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14418 on: November 12, 2014, 04:55:14 pm »

Are there long rifle holsters or slings? I ask because I've got tons of pistol holsters laying about and a recipe for them, but I haven't seen a hint of anything for any longer guns, but it seems like something that would be in already, are they just uncraftable and rare? I ask because my bionic sniper is good with rifles, but they take up so much space carting them around for regular looting runs is cumbersome. Especially if you're trying to move lightly.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14419 on: November 12, 2014, 05:04:33 pm »

They arent, which is a pain.
Probally because they want to have them as an attachment, which is sane, but probably really aggravating to get working.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14420 on: November 12, 2014, 05:10:34 pm »

Ehhh? Why not just have some rifle holsters as clothing. They had them that you could tie to horse saddles to hold rifles, just throw one of those together and sling it over your back. Can't be harder than making an entire suit of armor from scrap.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14421 on: November 12, 2014, 05:11:22 pm »

eyebots are the bane of my existence. D: always calling in those cop bots. during later game when I have good armor and a good bow/arrows and a good emergency gun there no problem. but early on oh my. c: silly eyebots making my life suck.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14422 on: November 12, 2014, 05:19:58 pm »

Lockpicks and nighttime are your friiiiends.

Hug them. Kiss them. Luuuuv them.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14423 on: November 12, 2014, 05:23:56 pm »

Ehhh? Why not just have some rifle holsters as clothing. They had them that you could tie to horse saddles to hold rifles, just throw one of those together and sling it over your back. Can't be harder than making an entire suit of armor from scrap.
Few people use rifle hostlers these days (mostly because they dont work well with things like assault rifles(all those bits!)), which would limit the sanity of having them beable to be used for everything, or would severely limit their ability to be used if the semi-realistic mindset continues. For reference, a rifle scabbard looks like This, although they do seem to have ones designed for ARs, but it seems like most rifle scabbards are designed for use with a certain rifle, and arent really that compatible with others.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14424 on: November 12, 2014, 05:28:51 pm »

Functionally, the easiest way would be to make a 'sheath that holds a rifle instead of a blade' which would work.  But I suspect the various devs want it to be an attachment instead of a separate item, which means 'wearable firearms' and that's more complicated.  The small weirdness of "I'm wearing an empty rope" is likely the only real thing preventing it from being in already.

NINJA: Aseaheru, I believe we're mostly talking about rifle slings, which should fit on any firearm that has hooks.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14425 on: November 12, 2014, 05:31:05 pm »

Hmmm. Might be a time to handwave the tiny details for the sake of gameplay. It's a reasonable stretch to allow, at least in my view. Pretty sure you could at least work up a loose tied around cloth sheathe with a strap or something.

Sling, scabbard, holster, whatever. Anything that lets me carry around a rifle and access it quickly without having to give up some precious volume.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14426 on: November 12, 2014, 05:32:40 pm »

Yah, but those are attachments, and having an attachment that causes the item to be able to be worn as clothing is probably hard to do, and having a sling that you just have as clothes is just weird.

And that achually what I was talking about a few posts up, then Kaitol went and talked about hostlers, so I went to talk about holsters...

-DANG NINJA-
Highly Opinionated Fool

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14427 on: November 12, 2014, 05:32:57 pm »

Hmmm. Might be a time to handwave the tiny details for the sake of gameplay.
>Duct taped a nuclear reactor to my car today.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14428 on: November 12, 2014, 05:35:11 pm »

Yah, the duct tape attaching thing for cars is weird (when its something big and heavy), the reactor is actually something that has been worked on since... the 40s? 30s? Since Einstien came up with the E=MC2 thing?
Highly Opinionated Fool

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #14429 on: November 12, 2014, 05:44:19 pm »

Are shocker zombies broken?  I encountered one at nearly full health, and on the combat action it suddenly froze me, and my death log shows that the shocker has 30 turns attacking me while I couldn't do anything.  I know they can shock and paralyze you, but any situation where you're denied 30 turns in a row and die is clearly very broken.

Just curious, but did your character by an chance happen to be in a martial arts stance? I had several YASD moments where I forgot to turn off the dragon kung-fu style, which resulted in stunlock/death due to repeated counterattacks against a riotbot.
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1086