Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862441 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14175 on: October 28, 2014, 01:34:40 pm »

I found a lawnmower in a sink before.

It was probably someone's idea of fixing the garbage disposal.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14176 on: October 28, 2014, 01:45:24 pm »

By the way, what kind of lawnmower are they? Gas? Electric? Hand? I figure that upon disassembly, you ought to get some container with gas in them if they are gasoline-powered. Maybe add in riding lawnmowers as vehicles.

They're gas, the 1-cylinder engines you get from them make the most efficient generators. Since you start in spring, I assume they've been drained of fuel or something. Plus, the gas tanks on those would be tiny and plastic, not worth salvaging for much, I guess. And we're ignoring that engines on them would use treated gas unsuitable for anything else. Probably for the best, anyway.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14177 on: October 28, 2014, 01:48:06 pm »

Perhaps they need a fuel/oil mix liquid to run on?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14178 on: October 28, 2014, 02:10:21 pm »

Two-stroke engines wouldn't be terribly hard to add. The problem is you'd have to add yet another fuel type, and all the different sizes of fuel tank for that fuel.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14179 on: October 28, 2014, 02:46:09 pm »

engines on them would use treated gas unsuitable for anything else. Probably for the best, anyway.
What? All the lawnmowers I have seen use the same gas as cars.

Weedwackers on the otherhand, those use mixtures (as do chainsaws), but weedwackers wouldn't give you blades, since they use that plastic string...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14180 on: October 28, 2014, 03:01:29 pm »

Larger guided non-seat mowers use fuel/oil. Good weedwackers use a string and blades, but the blades are usually plastic. These are generally for brush cutting fields.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14181 on: October 28, 2014, 03:04:11 pm »

The only things I have seen that resemble what you are talking about have seats or are towed...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14182 on: October 28, 2014, 03:35:01 pm »

Something like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14183 on: October 28, 2014, 04:40:59 pm »

That's a bigger lawnmower than I was thinking the lawnmowers in game were.  Anyway there's tiny fuel tanks now, I imagine if somebody wanted to they could just add one to the disassemble raw and call it sorted. 

It being empty still makes sense too.  I don't put gas in my lawnmower's tank until I'm about to mow the lawn, and by the time and I'm putting the mower back it's almost empty.  Disassembling a mower and getting a tiny tank full of gas would make less sense to me than getting an empty, noone I know stores gas in the mowers.

(P.S. My mower uses regular gasoline. Unleaded.  I fill the lawnmower's jerrycan at the same place I fill my car.  Usually at the same time.)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14184 on: October 28, 2014, 05:12:46 pm »

I store fuel in the mower. Not much, admittedly, just whatever's left after cutting the grass.

NZ has 91 octane petrol, 95 octane, and diesel. 91 is for lawnmowers, crappy cars, and other machinery, 95 is for good cars, and diesel is diesel. So to me, at least, adding a new fuel type would make sense.

I guess the most sensible question to ask is whether or not the RL location has different types.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14185 on: October 28, 2014, 07:10:08 pm »

Yeah, when I think of a "lawnmower" that's small enough to be carried in an inventory, I'm imagining some kind of tiny weed-whacker. I should have mentioned that criteria at the start, sorry. I've never seen any yard-maintenance equipment that was both small enough to carry and used normal gas.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14186 on: October 28, 2014, 07:59:56 pm »

I store fuel in the mower. Not much, admittedly, just whatever's left after cutting the grass.

NZ has 91 octane petrol, 95 octane, and diesel. 91 is for lawnmowers, crappy cars, and other machinery, 95 is for good cars, and diesel is diesel. So to me, at least, adding a new fuel type would make sense.

I guess the most sensible question to ask is whether or not the RL location has different types.

Just lower octane ratings (93 is high-test here; 87 is regular).  Not worth the bother IMO.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14187 on: October 29, 2014, 02:33:14 am »

I personally think slightly different varieties of gas is taking things a little too in-depth. Just sayin.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14188 on: October 29, 2014, 02:40:07 am »

I personally think slightly different varieties of gas is taking things a little too in-depth. Just sayin.

Agreed. There's enough clutter without that kinda thing.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14189 on: October 29, 2014, 09:13:38 am »

Yeah slightly different fuels might be to much.  Though there could still be some expansion in that area, like a wood gas generator you could install to power vehicles with wood (Maybe having to chop up wood into chunks/chips of wood so its not like like your chucking 2x4s into your car all day erry day)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:18:38 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 1086