Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862442 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14205 on: October 31, 2014, 03:56:45 am »

"Horrific accident with silver lining - Family was warm for the rest of their lives" says M.U.C. Newspaper Reporter
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:01:53 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

TheCondor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14206 on: October 31, 2014, 10:49:20 am »

Just picked this up a few days ago and this is the first time I have played this that I ever survived day 1, let alone make it to day 6.  Got very lucky in the beginning and had a bunch of military crates right outside my shelter containing weapons, MREs, and a mini nuke.  Things went really well until I took a car from town and drove it to my shelter, which summoned a eyebot for some reason that followed me to my base.  I killed it which much have been a bad idea because a police bot comes in, wrecks my face until luckily while running away another survivor comes in and beats it up with a fire axe, they then proceed to rob me, run into a skeleton, and get killed.  Right now I am currently on lockdown as a roaming horde is passing right next to my base.

All of this I have one question, does your night vision improve over time?  Before I could only see 1 tile away from me, then I could see up to 2, now I get a full 5 tiles away.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14207 on: October 31, 2014, 10:50:48 am »

There is a moon cycle, full moon lets you see further.

Also, cars may have alarms now.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14208 on: October 31, 2014, 11:02:07 am »

There is a moon cycle, full moon lets you see further.

Also, cars may have alarms now.

Grab a toolbelt/wrench/hacksaw/bionic and strip that thing out?

TheCondor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14209 on: October 31, 2014, 11:02:28 am »

Also, something I just noticed it that it seems my basement reset itself.  It was a pretty much empty basement before, only 3 items in it, now it is stuffed with an item on nearly every tile and has 6 zombies in it.  Does the game sometimes do that?

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14210 on: October 31, 2014, 11:11:12 am »

I call a bug, but a happy bug for you.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14211 on: October 31, 2014, 11:13:02 am »

Basements have always been weird in some ways, but that's new. Did you savescum at some point?

TheCondor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14212 on: October 31, 2014, 11:21:05 am »

Basements have always been weird in some ways, but that's new. Did you savescum at some point?

No I didn't, I searched my basement day 1, although I have had some crashes that I had to reload the auto save from.  The only thing notably that may have done anything is that around day 4 I went to a Evac shelter and got a quest to clear out the bay that crash the game when I accepted it (likely because that room did not exist considering large sections of the shelter were destroyed by the multiple craters that spawned in it).  I believe after the reload from that crash I checked my basement and found it changed, going to check the other basements in town to see if they changed as well.

I know what you mean about basements being weird though, I had one shelter that did not have a basement at all but instead stairs that lead into a one-way trip into a lab.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14213 on: October 31, 2014, 11:23:28 am »

Some basements don't even have connected stairs above ground, but the upstairs in the basement will pop you to the surface. It sounds like that crash messed things up royally. Best to not even play with NPC's still.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14214 on: October 31, 2014, 12:28:00 pm »

As far as I can tell, eyebots summon police/riot bots by taking your picture. If they don't before you kill it, no pigbots spawn.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14215 on: October 31, 2014, 12:33:39 pm »

As far as I can tell, eyebots summon police/riot bots by taking your picture. If they don't before you kill it, no pigbots spawn.

make copbots drop synthbacon 2014

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14216 on: October 31, 2014, 01:54:05 pm »

You know what's worse than pig bots?

M-f'n tank drones. I was driving down a road in a forest at speed to get away from a zombie horde (note to self: don't turn wander spawns on in the next world) and rounded a corner only to be blasted to bits by a tank drone. Didn't even get a chance to react.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14217 on: October 31, 2014, 02:33:17 pm »

This is why you only drive or move at night with nightvision. Then you can take on tank bots with a bow and arrows.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14218 on: October 31, 2014, 06:28:40 pm »

It wasn't night. The drone was just hiding around a corner.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14219 on: October 31, 2014, 07:34:46 pm »

Well that's the point. It's safest to travel at night even if you don't have night vision 'cause you can just turn your headlights off when you see a tank drone and then drive away. Or kill it really easy with night vision and ranged attacks.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1086