Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860486 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13410 on: September 06, 2014, 03:30:54 pm »

i think it checks against health to see if it's going to get cured anytime soon, so vitamins will help

i also think antibiotics did something to diseases but actually lowered your health score in the process

royal jelly however is a sure shot

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13411 on: September 06, 2014, 04:08:51 pm »

Is there a way to craft remote detonators for remote pipe bombs, or do you have to find the little car kits?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13412 on: September 06, 2014, 04:12:31 pm »

Is there a way to craft remote detonators for remote pipe bombs, or do you have to find the little car kits?

Not sure what you mean by little car kits, but there is a RC controller laptop you can craft with some Electronics.

i think it checks against health to see if it's going to get cured anytime soon, so vitamins will help

i also think antibiotics did something to diseases but actually lowered your health score in the process

royal jelly however is a sure shot

IIRC antibiotics health-lowering was actually removed later, because it didn't make any goddamn sense.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13413 on: September 06, 2014, 04:20:14 pm »

Not sure what you mean by little car kits, but there is a RC controller laptop you can craft with some Electronics.

There was an entry in the datamined item database for an RC car in a box that you could loot and disassemble for an RC car and controller. I've never seen one though, so I'm not really clear on how it all works. It just seemed a bit weird that I had the know-how to make a radio-detonated bomb but not to make a detonator to trigger them.

I really should get a github account sometime and start tossing more random toys in the crafting lists...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13414 on: September 06, 2014, 04:20:49 pm »

Nope, still -2 health points for using antibiotics.

And considering this is an oral antibiotic, and most likely broad-spectrum, it makes perfect sense that it's unhealthy.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13415 on: September 06, 2014, 04:22:10 pm »

Hopefuly in the future normal building walls wont be utterly flamable, I ended up burning down a whole lab by starting a fire with a lighter. Thankfuly I managed to save the alpha and medical documents before the fire overtook it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13416 on: September 06, 2014, 04:33:05 pm »

Nope, still -2 health points for using antibiotics.

And considering this is an oral antibiotic, and most likely broad-spectrum, it makes perfect sense that it's unhealthy.

Apparently the human body is made up of more bacteria then actual human.
Does this mean the Rob Zombie song "more human then human" is about someone who can live with less gut flora?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13417 on: September 06, 2014, 04:47:21 pm »

Delving in a lab[After finally figuring out how the driving system works]. Find a barracks area. Kill some zombie soldiers. One of them is carrying a mininuke. A MININUKE. No idea what I'm going to do with it. But I have nuclear weapon now. This is probably a bad thing for most of the inhabitants of New England. But they're zombies. So who cares.

Question: What does the vehicle tracking device DO? I made and installed it on my mobile command center on a whim. I can turn it on and off. But no idea how to use it beyond that.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13418 on: September 06, 2014, 04:49:51 pm »

You need a PDA, turn on the tracking device and the PDA in your inventory; the locator will plant an icon on your map.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13419 on: September 06, 2014, 04:51:00 pm »

You need a PDA, turn on the tracking device and the PDA in your inventory; the locator will plant an icon on your map.

Thanks. Not sure where the last PDA I found went. Probably disassembled it for parts. Will try to keep the next one I find.
Spooky Signature

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13420 on: September 06, 2014, 05:00:07 pm »

I have a regular segfault when picking up a dog corpse and dropping my pipe to do so when freshly spawned in the latest experimental. Just a heads-up if nobody's aware at present.
I'm on it, that triggers a weird corner case in container management because you should NEVER use std::vector for a dynamically updated container.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13421 on: September 06, 2014, 05:10:23 pm »

Delving in a lab[After finally figuring out how the driving system works]. Find a barracks area. Kill some zombie soldiers. One of them is carrying a mininuke. A MININUKE. No idea what I'm going to do with it. But I have nuclear weapon now. This is probably a bad thing for most of the inhabitants of New England. But they're zombies. So who cares.

A mininuke is essentially a massively beefed up grenade. It will clear about the entire 32x texture res screen. But it's just a tactical nuke, just wait till you get your hands on a full-sized one!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13422 on: September 06, 2014, 05:16:11 pm »

A mininuke is essentially a massively beefed up grenade. It will clear about the entire 32x texture res screen. But it's just a tactical nuke, just wait till you get your hands on a full-sized one!
Can you carry full sized nukes, or are those just the silo items?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13423 on: September 06, 2014, 05:18:38 pm »

0_0

You can DO that? DO WANT!
Spooky Signature

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13424 on: September 06, 2014, 05:21:55 pm »

Can you carry full sized nukes, or are those just the silo items?

Silo items D:

On the plus size, you can, IIRC, PUUUUUUUUURGE a 3x3 MAP TILE area with one, turning it into a crater.
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 1086