Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860291 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13365 on: September 03, 2014, 07:07:03 am »

static or random spawn settings ? maybe turrets got caught up in dynamic spawning

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13366 on: September 03, 2014, 07:23:41 am »

Default, so static spawn I guess.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13367 on: September 03, 2014, 07:25:14 am »

Well, maybe you could expand it only to fire, crops and solar panels-equipped vehicles?

Anyway, is it normal for turrets to just spawn into existence? I was back at a bunker I had already walked in front of and got 1HKO by a milspec.

Sounds like a bug.

Oh, it happened to me once too. It might be due to my low Perception.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13368 on: September 03, 2014, 07:35:05 am »

No way, I walked like 3 or 4 squares from the square those milspec spawned. Then came back and they shot me.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13369 on: September 03, 2014, 09:53:28 am »

No way, I walked like 3 or 4 squares from the square those milspec spawned. Then came back and they shot me.

Oh yeah, I'm fairly sure I've seen a turret move around too.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13370 on: September 03, 2014, 10:32:21 am »

AFAIK, each map keeps track of how many of non-random enemies are there, but doesn't keep the exact location of said enemies; that's dictated by the layout of that particular building.

So every time you reenter that specific map tile those enemies are placed as if they were spawned. Which could be several tiles away from where they were the first time.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13371 on: September 03, 2014, 12:41:26 pm »

That is something we are working to fix though, and significant steps have been taken in the experimental already.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13372 on: September 03, 2014, 12:44:24 pm »

So I found this shotgun thats made of superalloy and ceramics and fires 20x66 caseless shotgun rounds, but it turns out a regular saiga 12 does overall more damage apart from having an actual magazine? :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13373 on: September 03, 2014, 12:46:36 pm »

Rivtech firearms are handy for the RM99 Revolver and all the wacky kinds of shotgun rounds they pack. They're otherwise generally garbage with rare ammunition.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13374 on: September 03, 2014, 01:10:31 pm »

Speaking of bugs, a fix has been merged for the turrets/whatever bypassing power armor.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13375 on: September 03, 2014, 02:31:17 pm »

So I found this shotgun thats made of superalloy and ceramics and fires 20x66 caseless shotgun rounds, but it turns out a regular saiga 12 does overall more damage apart from having an actual magazine? :P

Did you check with the ammunition, or without?

Plus, there's more than just damage - there's dispersion and recoil, well, and magazine size, to take note of.

You might have the short shotgun though, and yeah, it's pretty... less than amazing, but it's strength is that it's pistol-sized - so you can holster it.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13376 on: September 03, 2014, 02:44:46 pm »

I'm not sure how much coding it would take, but I'd like to see an ethanol-powered engine at some point. Out of fuel? Distill your own!
Ethanol engine would require an Ethanol tank. An ethanol tank means you can stick a spout on it and chug booze straight up from your car.

THE BOOZEMOBILE

Sounds very, very dwarfy. I suggest we take it further. Boozetank.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13377 on: September 03, 2014, 02:57:30 pm »

I'm not sure how much coding it would take, but I'd like to see an ethanol-powered engine at some point. Out of fuel? Distill your own!
Ethanol engine would require an Ethanol tank. An ethanol tank means you can stick a spout on it and chug booze straight up from your car.

THE BOOZEMOBILE

Sounds very, very dwarfy. I suggest we take it further. Boozetank.

You can keep barrels of booze right now. And I wonder how difficult it would be to code a mobile fermentation vat and keg or whatever the liquid storing buildings are called.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13378 on: September 03, 2014, 03:19:15 pm »

Did you check with the ammunition, or without?

Plus, there's more than just damage - there's dispersion and recoil, well, and magazine size, to take note of.

You might have the short shotgun though, and yeah, it's pretty... less than amazing, but it's strength is that it's pistol-sized - so you can holster it.
One of the Rivtech models is the autoshotgun. 5 shots per burst, iirc. It's as deadly as it sounds.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13379 on: September 03, 2014, 08:05:20 pm »

As for the reality bubble... lateral expansion would be hell on processor resources.

Which is why I'll be trying something a bit more complicated; partial unloading.  It will keep the super-simple things working, but unload everything that takes either lots of processing or no processing at all.  That's the plan so far at least.
The problem being the one thing that we don't have a good alternative for (fire) IS processor intensive :/
For everything else the plan is to timestamp tiles when they leave the reality bubble and update them based on the intervening time when they re-enter it. This should work for food, corpses, solar panels, terrain changes over time, etc.
Another funny case is generators powering an electrical network, don't have a decent solution for that yet either.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 1086