Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861169 times)

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13035 on: August 16, 2014, 06:30:33 pm »

I believe to get a raging fire, you need to spread a fire across multiple tiles, or dump some gasoline on it. I'm not sure which.

With fires I remember in one game I tried clearing some forest around the Evac Shelter with fire. That caused me to overheat the entire night WHILE INSIDE THE BASEMENT.

You probably don't want a "Raging" fire.
Were you wearing a lot of clothing? I thought that, for the moment anyway, that map levels were seperate realities, so a massive fire on the surface shouldn't affect the basement.

This is why stoves, etc aren't putting out enough heat: in order to get above "small fire" you need more than one tile.  I think Shoes' fixes have taken that into consideration, but yeah, nesting is usually the way to go.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: August 16, 2014, 09:59:36 pm »

I just raided the gun locker at a couple FEMA camps. The first one had a Barrett .50 cal anti-materiel sniper.

That I already had 330 rounds for.

It's on.

I don't know what's on, but I must END something.

EDIT: Headshot! You headshot the deer for 220 damage!
-There was no corpse left. This weapon is implemented accurately. I also like that it fires twice as far as my character can see on a clear day. There is no way you can ever use it to its full potential because it fires outside the game's reality bubble.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:48:37 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: August 16, 2014, 11:04:21 pm »

So.....just disassembled an entire car. I removed everything but for some reason certain parts disassembled into base components while others stayed intact. And the problem is, I don't know how to make a storage battery yet so there are parts of my other solar car that I can't risk removing yet.

Bleh, off to find an RV and modify it instead.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: August 16, 2014, 11:16:20 pm »

Grayed out (completely destroyed) parts are removed as scraps. Everything else should come off as <damage level> part, like dented steel frame or marked solar panel.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: August 16, 2014, 11:17:50 pm »

PHEW~ I just overlooked the storage battery. I was panicking.

Now I just need to know how to make a solar powered welding station. I've seen welding rigs that you can drag around, but are those make-able? And can I attack a solar battery and panel to one?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 11:23:05 pm by Micro102 »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: August 16, 2014, 11:43:30 pm »

Extra light frame, battery, solar panel, and welding rig. That can all be installed on a single tile.

Whether you can drag it around or not will depend on your character's strength.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: August 16, 2014, 11:44:16 pm »

If you stick wheels on it, will it be easier to move?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: August 16, 2014, 11:48:14 pm »

All vehicle batteries (car batteries, truck batteries, small storage batteries, storage batteries, motorbike batteries) will charge with they're mounted to a vehicle that a solar panel is mounted on, provided the weather is Clear or Sunny and it's daytime.

Vehicle welding rigs require fabrication and electronics at skill level 4, and a recipe that comes in most of the low-to-mid range crafting books for those skills. (libraries, mansions and possibly schools are the best places to start looking). You can technically mount them on a vehicle with solar panels and batteries, but the weight increases fast and since you can only have one solar panel per tile (and panels are kinda crappy at charging batteries individually), it's not very feasible to have a welding rig cart with it's own solar panels attached. That was my recommendation here to charge the battery on an immobile platform while you cut the rest of the vehicles apart, so you can have a charged battery to stick on a shopping cart frame with the welding rig to power it once you have the rest of the vehicle parts ready to re-assemble. You could also leave the panels and charging battery on the car you're hacking apart, but then you couldn't do anything with those pieces to get them out of the way and rebuild/train up mechanics that way.

If you stick wheels on it, will it be easier to move?

Yes. Wheels lower the speed penalty per weight of a dragged item, you can check it by loading up a shopping cart and watching your drag speed drop as the loot piles up... then cut off the casters and try the same.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: August 17, 2014, 04:54:27 am »

I just played through a char with Slow Classic Zombies at 1.3 density. And holeeee sheet, it feels really oldschool Romero-ish. Zombies are basically a non-issue alone (except for soldiers, who are resistant to cutting damage) but if you leave them around, you will soon have a horde following you. Add in a Z-9 or two and you are thoroughly fucked.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13044 on: August 17, 2014, 08:57:39 am »

Well that was the most unfair thing ever. No Shelter Basement should ever start with a Skeleton in it, EVER. Especially not if there's also a fat zombie and a regular zombie to keep it company.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13045 on: August 17, 2014, 10:23:48 am »

And now you know why going into the shelter basement before getting some gear is only a choice and not a do this always sort of thing. My advise if your worried to much about such this is smack the wall when you go down and watch for noise alerts in the room.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #13046 on: August 17, 2014, 12:52:55 pm »

also, no reason to ever descend into the basement without a pipe, which can handle a skeleton if you can get it alone.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: August 17, 2014, 01:35:49 pm »

also, no reason to ever descend into the basement without a pipe, which can handle a skeleton if you can get it alone.

I had a 2-by-sword, which I'm pretty sure is better then a pipe :P

Still that thing tore into my head and all but killed me, and this is after I lured it upstairs for the guy with the crossbow to shoot at. It killed him in literally one hit. Then it almost killed me, which sent me into panicking and I started cheating with short teleports and a fusion gun :P

Then I died to the ones left in the basement.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: August 17, 2014, 01:41:18 pm »

The best source of scrap metal is smashing junked cars-- it makes metal projects a mere nuisance to collect materials for.

Sledgehammers and fire axes are my favorite candidates for it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: August 17, 2014, 01:42:25 pm »

The best source of scrap metal is smashing junked cars-- it makes metal projects a mere nuisance to collect materials for.

Sledgehammers and fire axes are my favorite candidates for it.
Or for mechanics skill you could disassemble them. Nice and steady and feels less barbaric.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1086