Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861012 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13050 on: August 17, 2014, 01:45:50 pm »

But barbarianism is more fun!

And it's faster.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13051 on: August 17, 2014, 01:48:15 pm »

But barbarianism is more fun!

And it's faster.
This is the bit in the disaster movie where you fully let yourself go into an uncivilised but efficient wreck while I try to cling onto the last strings of what world was left behind with books and cultural things, and one of us will be right depending on how the plot ends up. Either everyone's screwed and you're right, or we get saved and I'm right.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13052 on: August 17, 2014, 01:52:18 pm »

Where the hell can I find the tools I need to create an electric forge?

I know where to get the materials, but like... the wrench? Where get.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #13053 on: August 17, 2014, 02:04:25 pm »

Still that thing tore into my head and all but killed me, and this is after I lured it upstairs for the guy with the crossbow to shoot at. It killed him in literally one hit.
Seems you pissed off the RNG pretty well recently then :p

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #13054 on: August 17, 2014, 02:19:39 pm »

Where the hell can I find the tools I need to create an electric forge?

I know where to get the materials, but like... the wrench? Where get.
You can find wrenches anywhere that has anything to do with cars. Garages and hardware stores are a good bet. Personally, though, I found the metalworking chisel to be the toughest tool to find. The only source I can find them from is a very rare drop from zombies, so I usually have to make my own. I mean, you'd think you'd be able to find a chisel in a hardware store, but nope.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13055 on: August 17, 2014, 02:27:25 pm »

Yeah... I guess it's less circular than it seems, because you can use a charcoal forge, but it still seems a bit odd that you need a forge to create a tool you need to create a forge. At least you don't need the chisel to make a charcoal forge!

Edit: Now that I'm thinking on it more, it makes more sense to me. Building on the work previously, upgrading and such. Okay!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:29:37 pm by Descan »
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13056 on: August 17, 2014, 02:31:19 pm »

Yeah... I guess it's less circular than it seems, because you can use a charcoal forge, but it still seems a bit odd that you need a forge to create a tool you need to create a forge. At least you don't need the chisel to make a charcoal forge!

Edit: Now that I'm thinking on it more, it makes more sense to me. Building on the work previously, upgrading and such. Okay!
Real life often has circular things like that. For example if you wanted to forge a hammer head in real life you would need a hammer to make one. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13057 on: August 17, 2014, 03:11:52 pm »

A lot of Cataclysm seems to be going from medieval-ish levels of production capacity to modern ones in a way. Course the hardest things to make are medieval era swords so fuck if I know XD
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13058 on: August 17, 2014, 03:16:52 pm »

Medieval metalworking was pretty advanced. We still can't figure out how to forge steel pure enough and light enough to match gaelic relics from centuries ago. People have never been utterly stupid, we just learn how to make more efficient tools as the centuries go by.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13059 on: August 17, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »

Medieval metalworking was pretty advanced. We still can't figure out how to forge steel pure enough and light enough to match gaelic relics from centuries ago.
What we have managed to do, however, is reproduce the level of quality we do make extremely accurately. Compared to medieval levels of technology where the metal in swords might range all of the way from nearly cast iron to spring steel.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13060 on: August 17, 2014, 04:12:51 pm »

And mass-manufacturing of the quality we can make.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13061 on: August 17, 2014, 07:30:05 pm »

I think there is a bug with the vehicle welding rig recipe. I have a welder with 100 charges and 2 makeshift welders, but the recipe has the "either one welder or 2 makeshift welders" part browned out. Brown means that I need the same item for the tool and the component but there aren't enough for both, but I have enough. Anyone know a workaround for this? Because I need this welder.

On a side note, is it possible for me to weld an entire welding rig on casters to a car? Or do I have to disassemble it and reassemble it?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13062 on: August 17, 2014, 07:53:00 pm »

I had the same bug in a nightly version from about a week ago. You can try making/getting an extra welder of either type, or editing the recipes.json file to only require one specific type to make and the other type to craft into the rig (this didn't work for me but apparently did for some) or try copying your save and settings into a more recent version (this did work for me).

A welding rig on a frame and casters IS a vehicle and you can't directly attach 2 vehicles. You'll have to cut the welding rig off and install it into the car by itself.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13063 on: August 17, 2014, 07:54:18 pm »

I think there is a bug with the vehicle welding rig recipe. I have a welder with 100 charges and 2 makeshift welders, but the recipe has the "either one welder or 2 makeshift welders" part browned out. Brown means that I need the same item for the tool and the component but there aren't enough for both, but I have enough. Anyone know a workaround for this? Because I need this welder.

On a side note, is it possible for me to weld an entire welding rig on casters to a car? Or do I have to disassemble it and reassemble it?
I had this issue as well.

Also, RNG what the hell did I do to you? Last new game the evac shelter spawned inside the city, and the fucking NPC I spawned with had a GODDAMN FLAMETHROWER. These things combined to make for a very fast death.

Spoiler: Officially Cursed (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:02:15 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13064 on: August 17, 2014, 08:16:58 pm »

Wtf is that building? I'm guessing out of the blue that it's a prison.

Also, don't be too upset about a small town, the upside to it is that it is easier to clear out completely, making for a very safe area.
Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 1086