Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861224 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12405 on: July 07, 2014, 04:38:20 am »

What's new?

Have they finally fixed NPCs yet or made any meaningful changes?
Quite a bit of changes to npcs by the looks of the commits
After testing it they seem to be a bit better, at the very least you can configure followers for specific things, although this has only been with a single hour of testing.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:23:21 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12406 on: July 07, 2014, 06:24:17 am »

I've been browsing through the commits and I found the new post-threshold dreams. And they are simply the best thing ever.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12407 on: July 07, 2014, 11:26:23 am »

Something weird is going on. I swear to god when I went into this mansion in broad daylight there were no zombies around. But every time I try to leave there are HOARDS of them in every direction. I must have killed over fifty already just trying to get out and in for nightly supply runs. There aren't any wandering hoards on the overmap. The one time I tried to go out during the day I was mobbed and barely survived. I just want to know where the hell they came from because a relatively clear mansion just turned into a massive fucking death trap.
Roaming hordes do exist, if enabled.
There aren't any wandering hoards on the overmap.
Hoards shrink when the zombies spawn, not when they're killed, so maybe it shrank into nothingness when it spawned.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: July 07, 2014, 05:30:02 pm »

I've been having a go at playing again, using the most recent stable build.

One thing that's confusing me a bit (and maybe this is common knowledge or explained earlier in this massive thread): with increasing frequency, when I use non-rotten meat and vegetables in recipes the result comes out (rotten).  e.g. I make bone broth from scratch, I go out and shoot something and butcher it for fresh meat, I go pick some vegetables, I return to my fire and - checking that nothing's gone rotten in the time that took - I cook woods soup.  And I get woods soup (rotten) as the result.  I've even had this happen just doing basic cooked meat (again, from a recent kill).  In both cases surplus ingredients of the same type that were gathered at the same time are still not rotten (but anything I make with them will be).

This wasn't an issue at all during the early game, but seems to be happening more often than not now.  Am I missing something here?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12409 on: July 07, 2014, 05:39:51 pm »

Perhaps you are taking long enough to make it that it rots in the process? I know that occurs...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #12410 on: July 07, 2014, 05:54:36 pm »

From what I can tell its something like the soup has a very quick time to go rotten and it carries over the direct time its been out instead of the % spoiled. possible example is it takes 1200 minutes for meat to go rotten, if you take 200 minutes before it is turned into a soup that rots at 180 minutes then the soup will be rotten, how it should be is it considers the soup to have been out for 30 minutes. Not 100% sure if this is the case though.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: July 07, 2014, 05:57:18 pm »

The wiki's saying woods soup stays fresh for 120h, and I'm definitely not taking that long to make it after harvesting fresh components. 

I've made it previously without issue, on the same character.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12412 on: July 07, 2014, 05:59:27 pm »

Maybe there's some rotten meat nearby and you're accidentally using it.

IIRC you can now use any ingredients within like a ten tile radius right?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12413 on: July 07, 2014, 06:10:17 pm »

It's possible with the soup - I may have had some old meat in a stockpile nearby (I think it's a 2 tile radius).  I don't think there was, but I can't be certain.

When it happened just making regular cooked meat though, I tried cooking until I had no meat left and every piece resulted in rotten cooked meat.  In that session I definitely had at least some meat fresh enough that it wasn't going to rot in the time it took to cook, so at least some should have turned out fine.

I dunno, it's not happening every time, but it's definitely happening at times that I really don't expect it to.  I'm off to bed now, but next time I play I'll be more vigilant for possible nearby rotten meat in case I really am just missing that.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12414 on: July 07, 2014, 07:08:31 pm »

I've had that happen to me a lot in 0.A too. Definitely something funky with spoilage timers. Soups seem to get it a lot, probably because a lot of stuff goes into them.

I savescummed a bit and if I remember right it seemed to be tied to particular pieces of food that I was using in the recipe (e.g. a particular piece of bread, meat, etc.). Never found a workaround other than ditching the affected pieces of food and trying again with different ingredients.

I also recall occasionally having it happen to stuff like fruit juice and jam, when the only ingredients I used were freshly-picked blueberries and (very old but non-perishable) sugar/honey/whatever.

It's definitely weird behaviour. Might've been addressed in the experimentals, I don't know.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: July 07, 2014, 07:08:57 pm »

The game says that with the technical know-how I can use car batteries and stuff to power my electric forge, does anyone know how I do this? It'd be quite useful to not have to use my 2000 batteries in the forge.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #12416 on: July 07, 2014, 07:24:55 pm »

You stick the forge onto a car using mechanics skill and then use the car/workstation/base's battery,
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12417 on: July 07, 2014, 07:36:45 pm »

You stick the forge onto a car using mechanics skill and then use the car/workstation/base's battery,
So I definitely have to find a welder, great.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12418 on: July 07, 2014, 07:49:09 pm »

A makeshift welder works just fine for quick things like that. Long term it does burn a lot of batteries, but you can eventually make a Recharging station and recharge mod to get rid of that annoyance. Or a vehicle welding kit, but I think the recharge mod and station are generally easier to find and make.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12419 on: July 07, 2014, 07:54:33 pm »

Actually, you can't use a welding rig to weld vehicles.

Kinda stupid, really.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1086