Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862250 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Now you're thinking with Portals
« Reply #11340 on: April 04, 2014, 10:21:11 am »

A homemade funnel can be made from plastic bottles with minor amount of fab skill.
Archery can be easily leveled with a 0-skill bow to start (self bow I believe)
Fab can be leveled with making different things in the craft menu. I would suggest working on a bunch of plain arrows (shafts alone can be used to level your fab skill and archery skill when fired)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: April 04, 2014, 10:49:06 am »

You could also scout out libraries for a book that'll teach you fabrication, but you're not guaranteed to find one, so the above method is probably better.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: April 04, 2014, 11:59:25 am »

My God, you have 11 torso encumbrance and level 2 dodging? Is this a suicidal chef or something?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11343 on: April 04, 2014, 12:04:06 pm »

To be fare, with the torso encumbrance once you reach 8 it no longer matters for combat cause the lower bounds is a d2 though I presume it does other things as well. Though I must assume that he is either carrying to much volume which affects your encumbrance overall or he just drops stuff when he has to fight. I have done that myself though I try to find some single tile vehicle I can pull such as a office chair or a shopping cart.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: April 04, 2014, 12:19:36 pm »

I'm not carrying too much VOLUME, I'm carrying too much WEIGHT.

Anyway, the encumbrance hasn't affected my combat ability much because crossbow and guns.

This is not a melee character. At all. Though I HAVE been trying to train him with his zweihander :P

Also note that torso encumbrance comes from wearing two reinforced dufflebags, a reinforced backpack, a Kevlar vest AND a ceramic plated MBR. I'm armored so well zombears tickle.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11345 on: April 04, 2014, 04:09:09 pm »

So first of all I noticed someone had posted it on the Cata forums but I figure it is worth a try posting here as well. The place to get the experimental builds on jenkins moved and the links on cataclysmdda.com is wrong. I don't know if anyone here can fix it but I figured I would mention it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: April 04, 2014, 04:41:46 pm »

The site link hasn't been updated for whatever reason; they mentioned having trouble with it.

In any case, you can get the latest Bleeding edge builds here.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: April 04, 2014, 04:45:26 pm »

A homemade funnel can be made from plastic bottles with minor amount of fab skill.
Fab can be leveled with making different things in the craft menu. I would suggest working on a bunch of plain arrows (shafts alone can be used to level your fab skill and archery skill when fired)
This. Go into a building, smash apart every wooden thing, and just start carving arrow shafts. If you do it in the starting shelter, you can get 3-4 fabrication fairly easily.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: April 04, 2014, 04:51:28 pm »

This. Go into a building, smash apart every wooden thing, and just start carving arrow shafts. If you do it in the starting shelter, you can get 3-4 fabrication fairly easily.
Heh. Not in the experimental branch you won't. :evilgrin:
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: April 05, 2014, 04:55:25 am »

In other news, I'm slowly making progress with my overhaul of the recipe requirements (it can actually detect items and optional "quality" requirements now!), and I've stumbled on a neat feature in the code that I didn't think was implemented.

If you want to quickly drop a lot of items, or want to unencumber yourself for combat without going over your storage limit - you can drop a worn container along with the items you are dropping, thus removing the time-unit cost for dropping those items. The container, or containers, have to be able to fit the items you are dropping, but only those that can't fit will "spill over" and actually take extra time to drop.

So, while you can't literally drop a duffel bag full of items, like you can do with a pack in DF, you can drop a duffel bag along with items that would be in it, and the game will treat it as if you've dropped just the duffel bag.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: April 05, 2014, 08:02:13 am »

Luckily, I have been on a construction leveling binge where I have been deconstructing lots of things from the houses around my hardware store, so I have plenty of woodstuffs with which to arrow. I think.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: April 05, 2014, 08:17:49 am »

So, while you can't literally drop a duffel bag full of items, like you can do with a pack in DF, you can drop a duffel bag along with items that would be in it, and the game will treat it as if you've dropped just the duffel bag.
Ooh, that's a good feature.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11352 on: April 05, 2014, 09:49:06 am »

I think you're a good candidate for the official Dev team at this rate Sean.
Given all the great stuff you've written, code and otherwise, you're definitely qualified.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: April 05, 2014, 10:13:41 am »

I was just watching Zombieland on TV.

Can someone help me mod in Twinkies?

On an unrelated note, anyone else spot the Rocky reference in the game?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: April 05, 2014, 10:24:35 am »

I think you're a good candidate for the official Dev team at this rate Sean.
Given all the great stuff you've written, code and otherwise, you're definitely qualified.
While I did add a few things, I am far from a qualified enough programmer. I had to ask for advice on freaking pointers! And to clarify, I didn't add that drop+container feature, I just found that it was already implemented.

Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1086