Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861468 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10950 on: March 15, 2014, 11:08:57 am »

I found a R870 shotgun. Using the stuff I found in a gun nut's basement, I added a match trigger, ergonomic grip, brass catcher, adjustable stock, rail-mounted crossbow, and a sword bayonet. It seems that bayonets and the railbow don't work. When I try to fire the railbow, I can only target my own tile, and it won't fire anyway. With the bayonets(tried with the above sword bayonet, plus a pistol bayonet on a Rivtech Automagnum), the guns still do only bash attacks, without any increased damage as far as I could tell.

Also, is there any good modding guide? The wiki is outdated, and I don't remember seeing much on the Cataclysm forum.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: March 15, 2014, 11:10:45 am »

Cool, thanks. I hoped that was the case but there haven't been any near me so far. I'll keep an eye out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: March 15, 2014, 11:17:38 am »

Haha, yeah, that'd probably work. The large tank holds... 225 water, I think. That'll take 15 packs of tablets. XD I think charcoal is in far more plentiful supply. :P
FOODCO kitchen buddy can purify water.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: March 15, 2014, 11:21:12 am »

The description for the FOODCO Kitchen Buddy is hilarious.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: March 15, 2014, 11:58:59 am »

I'd have to find, or make the FOODCO kitchen buddy first.

Also, update on the tilesets, for anyone who uses them:

HRose's 10x10 Tileset:

I don't know whether HRose made those tiles, or found them somewhere, but his(her?) ASCII/Retro tileset pretty much sparked this whole thing. It's a crisp set with fairly small tiles, nice and good looking.

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)
Download

New! HRose's 10x10 Tileset modified by Sean Mirrsen:

A stupidly minor modification that I find at least partially eye-pleasing, this is a version of the 10x10 HRose's tileset with slightly smoothed wall corners.

Download

New! Cheepicus's 12x12 Tileset:

An alternative to Herrbdog's somewhat dark set in the 12x12 size, this set is reasonably nice to look at and easy to read.

Download

Herrbdog's 12x12 Tileset:

This is my favorite tileset for playing Dwarf Fortress. It's a little darker than normal, but the 3D-ish shading makes it look interesting. For Cataclysm, it's also quite serviceable, and with the recent zoom function it retains good legibility on the zoomed-out view.

Download

Herrbdog's 12x12 Tileset, modified by Sean Mirrsen:

A curious recent addition to Tileset Editor allowed me to craft this interesting variant of Herrbdog's tileset, that uses a colored outline instead of a full-tile fill to display background color. The result looks a little cleaner, though with the size of most tiles the effect is almost unnoticeable.

Download

New! Zaratustra's 16x16 Tileset:

Since Zara's 8x8 tiles mysteriously stopped working for me, I decided to get one of his/her larger tilesets up. This one was particularly useful to me when I was playing the game on my FullHD 11-inch tablet - the font size is juuust right.

Download

New! HRose's 10x10 set, upscaled to 20x20:

Rounding up the additions with something in generously oversized, this set is suprisingly good to look at at normal zoom and screen size, and allows using the zoom function to see more of the area, as long as your PC can take the performance hit.

Download

I removed the 8x8 Zara set because it mysteriously stopped working, but I don't think anyone here actually has screens that low-res. Anyways, these sets should - finally - actually cover all the standard tiles, and look more or less SDL-like. There were a few fairly stupid issues in places, because of how random Cata's standards for Json definitions are, but I think I squashed them all and got a few tilesets you people can use freely out of it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: March 15, 2014, 01:48:52 pm »

I just butchered a moose and got a "chunk of fat". I searched the wiki but there was no information on it.

So what can you do with it(Other than make soap)?
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: March 15, 2014, 01:52:04 pm »

I just butchered a moose and got a "chunk of fat". I searched the wiki but there was no information on it.

So what can you do with it(Other than make soap)?
Make it into tallow, which can either be emergency food or ingredient in several different things - from what I remember seeing you can make cookies with it, and candles.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: March 15, 2014, 02:04:21 pm »

Tallow, Sausage, Cracklins, and "Manwurst".  Sausages and Tallow don't go bad, and Tallow can be used in place of cooking oil for most recipes, as well as lamp oil.  Cracklins are just a way to eat the fat a little better than raw, and "Manwurst" are cannibal sausages.

If you have a charcoal smoker, Sausage doesn't go bad.  Good for stockpiling if you've got some salt!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: March 15, 2014, 05:19:13 pm »

Just noticed a bug.  Used a repair kit to restore a firefighter PBA mask, and then reinforce it.  Used the repair yet again, and it removed the reinforcement, with a message that I'd repaired it.  Used it again, and it put the reinforcement back on again.  Repair kit charges were used every time.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10959 on: March 15, 2014, 06:56:01 pm »

Like the modified HRose Sean! Nice Work.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: March 15, 2014, 07:25:42 pm »

After suffering an unfortunate death as Sally Samurai, I decided to try being a maid as Sally Samurai III (Let us not speak of Sally Samurai II.) After failed attempts involving cutting weapons (due to lack of supply) i decided to go for martial arts. On my first martial arts attempt i found a broadsword, and then promptly stepped on a landmine. Thus ended my attempts at being a ninja maid, as it was clearly not meant to be. Sally Samurai IV is a special operator and will not have supply problems as previous incarnations did.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: March 15, 2014, 07:37:16 pm »

Started playing this again a few days ago, and currently I'm having the problem that its rather difficult to move large amounts of wood from the forest to my base, if I take a bike and put some storage space on it can I use it to transport planks and stuff or will it weigh it down to where it can't move or something?

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: March 15, 2014, 09:43:41 pm »

I wouldn't worry about not being able to move the bike, typically volume is the limiting factor so you should be fine.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: March 15, 2014, 09:56:34 pm »

I discovered a little town with a radio station.

Hilarity ensues as I lead obese zombies into fires to exterminate them and fortify the town. If I can do that, I can retire the character by never playing him again and act as though he lived the rest of his days in peace farming the fortified hamlet.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Humdilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Go Action Bastard Anti-Enema Beam!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: March 15, 2014, 10:44:52 pm »

I discovered a little town with a radio station.

Hilarity ensues as I lead obese zombies into fires to exterminate them and fortify the town. If I can do that, I can retire the character by never playing him again and act as though he lived the rest of his days in peace farming the fortified hamlet.

OR you could live out your wildest dreams.
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1086